The Falkirk FC Thread

22 hours ago, MrDust said:

Back to back promotions from the  3rd to division to the 1st/championship, challenged for a spell at the top end of the table, style of football, pushing player fitness at a part time level and Alloa were a club that no one blinked an eye when they were in the bottom division

I thoroughly enjoyed the play off games v Dunfermline to get to the championship, played the fifers off the park on the first game and didnt deserve the narrow 1-0 defeat in the next leg.

Aitken has done reasonably well but its not close to what Murray/Ross as a pair did or Hartley, his achievements are probably for me akin to Murray at Dumbarton on his own........whatever happened to him

So you think that winning the second and third tiers is a bigger achievement for a part time club than managing to stay in a Championship full of full time clubs? And don't forget that Hartley was well on the way to being relegated with Alloa in his first season in the Championship before he chucked it.

5 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

So you think that winning the second and third tiers is a bigger achievement for a part time club than managing to stay in a Championship full of full time clubs? And don't forget that Hartley was well on the way to being relegated with Alloa in his first season in the Championship before he chucked it.

Wasnt that long ago Dumbarton fans were calling for his head and now suddenly he seems to be the messiah.

On 27/09/2017 at 16:29, Poet of the Macabre said:

Alex Smith is a lovely man and was a terrific manager. Anyone being rude to him should be made to watch every Falkirk game from a crane.

Careful, you may accidentally inspire their next fan competition.

Cdq-hWOXIAAFsj5.thumb.jpg.9b2977099e95bd574fccb76d8a1e3aac.jpg

45 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wasnt that long ago Dumbarton fans were calling for his head and now suddenly he seems to be the messiah.

He has plenty of flaws, however he succeeded where Ian Murray failed in replacing his assistant with someone who enhanced the way we played, and won me over after tearing up his miserable 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 after the Bonnyrigg game, and turning us into a very decent side to watch.

Has he done as good a job at the Rock as Hartley did at Alloa? We'll never know. Hartley would've been judged based on whether or not Alloa managed to stay up under his guidance. He had them right up the table at one point, but they were on a poor run when we pumped them 5-1 at the Recs leading to him chucking it.

As much as he annoyed me as a person, I rate Hartley as a manager though. I had hoped ICT might go for him, but obviously John Robertson is far closer with the decision makers. I reckon he'd be a nice fit for you lot.

Is it no' time for Lee Bullen to get fed up of being a backroom guy at Sheffield's #2 club and take a crack at management? :thumsup2

He’s got his own business in Sheffield along side his role at Wednesday I’m sure he’ll drop all that for 9th in the championship in Scotland.

Think we can make this simpler send a list to the club who we don't want hired although there would probably be an argument with some over Hartley but without knowing who's applied then Hartley has to be the front runner with who is available the rest are the usual suspects that get trundled out when a manager is sacked.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Sorry - didn't he get put on gardening leave when they were in second place? My team was not in the league at that time so wasn't paying much attention. 

How's that? What league were your team in??? 

Take it you're seeing the irony in talking about how quickly the fans opinion of a manager can change?

They were 5th when he left were they not?