The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

I would like to see a back 5 to start against Brechin of :

Mitchell
McGhee Muirhead Balatoni Gallagher.

I'm not convinced of our keeper Thomson, Grant is out injured and Watson for me has to go asap. I'd keep Luca as back up in emergencies.

I agree about the gk. Not convinced by Thommo and if the defence don't trust him that's bad. 

If Mitchell does not get a chance now he never will.

24 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

I would like to see a back 5 to start against Brechin of :

Mitchell
McGhee Muirhead Balatoni Gallagher.

I'm not convinced of our keeper Thomson, Grant is out injured and Watson for me has to go asap. I'd keep Luca as back up in emergencies.

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I've never seen someone include the GK in a formation before.

The old 1,4,4,2 doesn't have the same ring to it.

Classic :lol:

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Coming up with a solution to release funds? I don't they did. They got lucky with the Kingsley money imo. No way they'd have let Houston bring in two players if that hadn't happened.

They've clearly no desire to invest to get us out of this league, as shown by their track record. 

It was a round about way of saying they hit the panic button when they realised that plan a was we can make do with what we have got as the last 2 seasons we have came runners up was a shit idea and backfired in a big way with have a shite start to the season so they had no other option.  I agree with you though they want promotion on a minimal budget they want us to buy into its our time but they clearly dont believe it themselves.

2 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

It was a round about way of saying they hit the panic button when they realised that plan a was we can make do with what we have got as the last 2 seasons we have came runners up was a shit idea and backfired in a big way with have a shite start to the season so they had no other option.  I agree with you though they want promotion on a minimal budget they want us to buy into its our time but they clearly dont believe it themselves.

Indeed. 'Our Time' is the marketing departments doing and in no way is aligned to the strategy of the board or the MSG.

My lad was in Sligo and said we were decent. In the next breath he then says I was leathered and spewed up at the game, so maybe nonsense. oh don't you just love those Shuttle Boys.

3 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Indeed. 'Our Time' is the marketing departments doing and in no way is aligned to the strategy of the board or the MSG.

Respect whoever 'red dotted' this, but would be helpful for the debate if you could explain why.

I see no alignment between the marketing campaign and a reduced budget, and broken promises around a 'war chest' from previous comms from the board. Im sure I'm not alone.

54 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

My lad was in Sligo and said we were decent. In the next breath he then says I was leathered and spewed up at the game, so maybe nonsense. oh don't you just love those Shuttle Boys.

He was in sportsters Friday too

#lad

Just back from sligo, not much improvement to be honest, still too much hoofball. When we passed our way up the park we looked good but doesnt happen enough. Blues looked decent and the two centre halfs looked good but Thomson really needs to start coming off his line, couple of crosses in the 6 yarder and he stands on his line. Good party atmosphere and Sligo is a nice town 

10 hours ago, ANEWHOPE said:

100%

A win yesterday & a win against Brechin will without doubt convince some that Houston should be given a chance to turn things round and for me as much as I want us to win every game that will come with a long term cost. Furthermore the bigger picture is that we are once again in a position of having to turn things round. Added to this a squad with a few glaring weaknesses that albeit have seemingly been addressed but were weaknesses only of the managers own making.

Appreciate your point of view on this one but I don't think he will resign and the board certainly won't fire him if they have to pay his wages to the end of the year. For better or worse I think he will be in charge until next summer.

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They were staying in the same hostel as me. I didn't hear a peep all night, so either they were quiet as mice when they came back in, found an all-night pub or got nicked. :D

Do you know which it was? Just curious.

They were staying in the same hostel as me. I didn't hear a peep all night, so either they were quiet as mice when they came back in, found an all-night pub or got nicked. [emoji3]
Do you know which it was? Just curious.

They said you were that drunk they had to carry you to your room

Appreciate your point of view on this one but I don't think he will resign and the board certainly won't fire him if they have to pay his wages to the end of the year. For better or worse I think he will be in charge until next summer.

The Board have backed him to stabilise things. Whilst on balance I would have changed the manager it is getting boring people still want him out. Time to get behind the team and manager now IMO. He won't be the manager next season so those who are desperate he gets sacked will see the change they crave then.