The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Aye let's sign a bunch of hatchet men and kick f**k out everyone. Sounds gr8 x

A good mix is what u want. We're too nice. Every team needs a hard man in the middle if u ask me something we've been sorely lacking for a while.

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Think you troops are overreacting a tad to us getting beat x

No we're reacting to us getting pumped in what was a miserable performance. Being falkirk fans were used to seeing us lose but yesterday was dire.

No we're reacting to us getting pumped in what was a miserable performance. Being falkirk fans were used to seeing us lose but yesterday was dire.

It's an overreaction imho. Yesterday was very poor, however we were great until about 20/25 minutes in. Our squads in good nick, I just think we went about yesterday wrong, we have terrific pace in our front line and at the beginning of the game we kept firing balls over the top and letting Austin/Hippo/Harris catch them. Once we stopped doing this it let the saints back into it and we fell apart. Houstie got his subs all wrong as well, I think Ohara should've been brought on for Loy instead of Miller, once he came on our tempo became slow as f**k.

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

It's an overreaction imho. Yesterday was very poor, however we were great until about 20/25 minutes in. Our squads in good nick, I just think we went about yesterday wrong, we have terrific pace in our front line and at the beginning of the game we kept firing balls over the top and letting Austin/Hippo/Harris catch them. Once we stopped doing this it let the saints back into it and we fell apart. Houstie got his subs all wrong as well, I think Ohara should've been brought on for Loy instead of Miller, once he came on our tempo became slow as f**k.

Our squads far from in great nick. We're going to have to play a youngster with no experience  at right back for the next couple of games and our only left back was given a roasting yesterday. We're at least 2 players short if not more.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Our squads far from in great nick. We're going to have to play a youngster with no experience  at right back for the next couple of games and our only left back was given a roasting yesterday. We're at least 2 players short if not more.

We've got 2 right backs in before him. It's extremely unlucky that both are unavailable. What are you saying? Should we sign another right back? I'd agree we need an experienced left back in but we're fairly covered in most positions.

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

We've got 2 right backs in before him. It's extremely unlucky that both are unavailable. What are you saying? Should we sign another right back? I'd agree we need an experienced left back in but we're fairly covered in most positions.

Unfortunately neither are good enough if we're to win this league. Houston's had two full seasons to replace Muirhead who has been an ok stop gap but is found wanting in the big matches whilst kidd is simply pish. So yes I'm saying if we want to win this league we need a better right back.

Unfortunately neither are good enough if we're to win this league. Houston's had two full seasons to replace Muirhead who has been an ok stop gap but is found wanting in the big matches whilst kidd is simply pish. So yes I'm saying if we want to win this league we need a better right back.

But it's clear we're sticking with them. One game gone and we're fucked and need a few new signings :lol:

Think there is a bit of overreaction on here. You have the basics of a good squad - a squad that will certainly be in the playoffs and win more games than it loses. You were excellent the first 20mins or so then vanished for the rest of the game. So maybe you were so superior to begin with or we were shit but you did dominate. Your quick breaks on the deck created us all sorts of problems until we sorted it out then you reverted to long balls which were to our advantage. Either some of your players chucked out the plan or the Manager changed the tactics but it certainly did not help you. And there is still plenty of time to get in players (31st Aug). This summer JR has mostly signed rejects or lower League players so there are decent players still out there. And you wont come up against players like Morgan, Smith and Stelios every week :)

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Think you troops are overreacting a tad to us getting beat x

Nah, just taking part in the discussion.

These annoyances I have with the team would have been the same had we won.

I actually said to my mate as we were walking away from the stadium about the knicker wetters. I kind of expected that yesterday, we are used to having optimism and having it wiped away from us, its what being a Falkirk fan is.

I do have an issue with the same problems of last season not being resolved though, that frustrates me more than getting beat.

Edited by Super Tuesday
Hungover and my typing is awful

6 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

But it's clear we're sticking with them. One game gone and we're fucked and need a few new signings :lol:

One game my arse. It was obvious at the end of last season that we needed a better right back and that it was going to be a major gamble playing a 17 year old every week but nothing has been done about it and yesterday all our main problems were down the wings . The league cup group games are just over blown friendly matches which have given us the idea that we're far better than we actually are.We're being told that this is our time and then we're putting out a side that will make the playoffs at best.

One simple tactical move from Ross and we had no answer. He loaded Morgan with support onto Gallagher. After 20 minutes almost every move of theirs involved putting the ball in that quarter. Hippolyte had to abandon the excellent Loy-Austin-Hippo trio to track back and help Gallagher. Kerr and Grant also moved left to support him meaning Harris moved in too. When Loy went off, all our creativity disappeared so we only had the long ball option.

More generally, the keeper has to look at his positioning - done at the far post twice. Austin has to look beyond the tactic of hoping to get bumped in the box so he can go down.

I said before a ball was kicked that my biggest fear was injuries and suspensions (if Loy is out for weeks, watch this space) and our defence.

One league game in, all three may have hit us.

Its not overreacting, its simply stating the obvious. We played some great link up play on the deck pre yesterday, yet we reverted back to long punt over the top or hit Austin and by fuk if Miller comes on its back to Stonehenge football

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know its not often really an issue with away crowds, but yesterday was a sizable support and with seats barriered off the ones that were available must have pretty much all been full, so at about 1450, a couple of guys rocked up to the row behind me and made a song and dance about getting their allocated seats, eventually forcing guys to move who were of course unable to get their own.

Shouldnt the clubs settle on allocated seating or not?

(Fans should know what the craic is, these guys were out of order imo)

Guys were obviously just being arseholes. You do wonder though the economic sense of opening 4 stands in a ground when 3 would be more than enough.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know its not often really an issue with away crowds, but yesterday was a sizable support and with seats barriered off the ones that were available must have pretty much all been full, so at about 1450, a couple of guys rocked up to the row behind me and made a song and dance about getting their allocated seats, eventually forcing guys to move who were of course unable to get their own.

Shouldnt the clubs settle on allocated seating or not?

(Fans should know what the craic is, these guys were out of order imo)

Just over 1100 Falkirk fans yesterday. Tickets are sold with a seat number on them but its usually a case of sit where you like. At Away games I always ask stewards if I have to sit in the allocated seat and only have to do so when the stand is a sell-out (like at Easter Rd last season).  Yesterday the Away stand wasn't sold out so should be sit where you like.

Can't believe you'd do me like that. ME...

Fwiw my post football weekend has consisted of being vomited on at either end if a 5 hour sleep and not much else.

You never know who's reading on here [emoji848]

Sounds like a pretty kinky weekend (or you have a small bambino)

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Totally agree with you, but like I say there are always guys who make a c**t of it for everyone else just like yesterday. The stewards dont really help as they tend to tell you to sit where you want but then if someone demands their seat theres not much they can do I suppose. It then leaves folk scrambling for seats togehter once its busy.

As Shadwell says these guys were being arseholes but its just annoying as the confusion happens every game, just think the clubs should get it cleared up.

I don't disagree as it can be a total pain when you get a tosser wanting a particular seat. However I think Clubs have to have an allocated seat on the ticket for H&S/policing reasons. I always ask a steward and if it is sit anywhere then if anyone wants the seat I choose I would refer them to the steward instead and let them sort it out. But a clearer policy at all stadiums would help everyone.