The Falkirk FC Thread

It's the time to try things but I just hope we don't carry that pairing as an option into the league season. Was refreshing to see us play so much football on the deck.

Yeah was nice to play against a team that wasn't pressuring us an let us play football . Too many side passes imo

Agree with what's been said re:O'Hara, really impressive when he came on and could have had a couple of goals. Linked up pretty well with Miller, just as Loy and Austin had done earlier. The early signs are good, hopefully more of the same next week too.

Sorry for asking a question. Just seems strange he's not kicked a ball in the last two games.  I'd have preferred him at left wing when McKee came off pushing craigen into the middle with taiwo instead of the taiwo Kerr partnership of doom.

He had a bad head knock on Monday v Queens Park. Only started training on Friday again.

1 hour ago, wee_bairn said:

O'Hara looked excellent when he came on. Very lively and wasn't afraid to shoot. 

Shadwell - Hippo took a knock on Monday and never trained until Thursday during the week. Not worth risking him in a game that was already won.

I've really liked the look of Harris so far, albeit against inferior opposition. 

Been better sticking one of the youngsters on the bench then. 4-0 up is a great time to give these players a wee bit of a sniff of first team football.

I don't think you can tell very much after today's game, Stirling were so very poor. Would have liked to have seen more youngsters get a game but understand Houston playing a full strength team after last season.

Would've been better off having a big name friendly.

I don't think you can tell very much after today's game, Stirling were so very poor. Would have liked to have seen more youngsters get a game but understand Houston playing a full strength team after last season. Would've been better off having a big name friendly.

I think you absolutely can tell if you compare that to last seasons efforts against weaker teams.

We were quick, moved the ball on the ground and for 75 minutes looked like we could score every time we attacked.

Last season was like the last 15 minutes for me. Sloppy in possession and lacking in concentration at the back.

Excellent start.

Best performers Gallacher, Taiwo, Loy and Austin. My MoM was Harris though. Quick, direct, two footed and scored a good goal to boot.

early days but some good signs for the season. I thought gasparotto strolled through the match and looks much sharper than last season, grant must've been practicing passing during the close season as his distribution was greatly improved today. midfield looked to go forward and less of the sideways/backwards passing and up front loy and Austin look like a good partnership with loy dropping deeper for the ball and Austin looking for through balls, will stretch and cause problems for a lot of teams based on today.

Edited by knee jerk reaction

It's the time to try things but I just hope we don't carry that pairing as an option into the league season. Was refreshing to see us play so much football on the deck.

Obvious to me Austin and Loy will play if fit. Up to the rest to push them.