The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Should have white shorts, always white shorts.

Agreed. The tops themselves are smart enough but Peter looks like a ref in all-navy...it's actually a bit dull tbh. Get the shorts changed on both - white with the blue and blue with the red - & they'd be tip-top.  Really don't like the mono-colour strips that loads of teams have introduced in recent years. Was it not some gash FIFA ruling, to help casual viewers at the last World Cup, that started this trend? 

Agreed. The tops themselves are smart enough but Peter looks like a ref in all-navy...it's actually a bit dull tbh. Get the shorts changed on both - white with the blue and blue with the red - & they'd be tip-top.  Really don't like the mono-colour strips that loads of teams have introduced in recent years. Was it not some gash FIFA ruling, to help casual viewers at the last World Cup, that started this trend? 

Aye Fifa want kits the same colour. I read somewhere they wanted Brazil in all yellow and were told to bolt

Premiership play-off dates

Quarter-final

9 May: Morton v Championship third-placed side

12 May: Championship third-placed side v Morton

Semi-final

16 May: Quarter-final winner v Championship second-placed side

19 May: Championship second-placed side v quarter-final winner

Final

25 May: Semi-final winner v Premiership 11th-placed side

28 May: Premiership 11th-placed side v semi-final winner

9 minutes ago, TheBigYa said:

Premiership play-off dates

Quarter-final

9 May: Morton v Championship third-placed side

12 May: Championship third-placed side v Morton

Semi-final

16 May: Quarter-final winner v Championship second-placed side

19 May: Championship second-placed side v quarter-final winner

Final

25 May: Semi-final winner v Premiership 11th-placed side

28 May: Premiership 11th-placed side v semi-final winner

Buncha bams, messes with my plans a bit but no real issue with that. Six days to rest before the final is decent (for whoever gets there)

Whoever came up with a 2 leg final for the play offs needs kicked squarely in the nuts on that logic you might as well have the Scottish and League Cup finals over 2 legs.  

i know its supposed to favour the Premiership side apart from them not counting on Hibs Hibssing it when they came down but only in Scottish football can they take a perfectly good idea and arse it up.

Bit of left field thinking but if Saturday is a sell-out in the Falkirk end (and it looks like it will) is there anything stopping Falkirk TV from streaming the game to U.K. based fans for a nominal fee in a one-time scenario? My knowledge of broadcasting rules is pretty grim

4 minutes ago, bairnabeau said:

Bit of left field thinking but if Saturday is a sell-out in the Falkirk end (and it looks like it will) is there anything stopping Falkirk TV from streaming the game to U.K. based fans for a nominal fee in a one-time scenario? My knowledge of broadcasting rules is pretty grim

That's a very good idea so it obviously can't be done!

Fairly certain you're not allowed to show live football at 3pm on Saturday in the uk. If only there was a way to make your computer appear as if it was from another country...