The Falkirk FC Thread

We're terrible being behind a hibs team that rubbish they could only put 4th top hearts out the cup over 2 games, murder team so hibs are!! I'm surprised Dumbarton and ayr have any points at all as they are part time and so can be written off and patronised by our support, same goes for any team with a smaller budget meaning we should be miles in front of morton but obviously budgets don't count for teams above us like utd or hibs who we should be competing with! Any signings are terrible so blame the manager, again ignore any evidence to the contrary like Craigen improving with a run in the team or Austin looking a player now he's recovered from injury. It's amazing how people ignore results like st mirren last night or Dumbarton beating utd, that show this is a competitive tight league and highlight any slips we make to slaughter the players and manager. I'll  say it again, we'll have good and bad games and performances this season but we're still right in the hunt and could go up, the negativity on here is shocking (not as bad as 1 f was though) COYB 

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

We're terrible being behind a hibs team that rubbish they could only put 4th top hearts out the cup over 2 games, murder team so hibs are!! I'm surprised Dumbarton and ayr have any points at all as they are part time and so can be written off and patronised by our support, same goes for any team with a smaller budget meaning we should be miles in front of morton but obviously budgets don't count for teams above us like utd or hibs who we should be competing with! Any signings are terrible so blame the manager, again ignore any evidence to the contrary like Craigen improving with a run in the team or Austin looking a player now he's recovered from injury. It's amazing how people ignore results like st mirren last night or Dumbarton beating utd, that show this is a competitive tight league and highlight any slips we make to slaughter the players and manager. I'll  say it again, we'll have good and bad games and performances this season but we're still right in the hunt and could go up, the negativity on here is shocking (not as bad as 1 f was though) COYB 

Can't be f*cked reading this big man, I'm sure you're onto something though!

Frustrating as f**k...Had we managed to keep vaulks & Alston we we would be pishing this ...Aunty had baws I know..Still don't understand why we never tried just ahead of muirhead.. Obviously meaningless now as craigen has hit form...I've calmed down from my weekend Aird rant & realise the boy has been through a lot recently & he will certainly get my support

We ended up ahead of a far better Hibs side last season and DU are bang average as we saw a few weeks back. If we'd done better in replacing Vaulks and Alston there's no reason why we couldn't have won it this season.

We finished above Hibs last season for the first time since 1970. I didn't like the chance of us doing two seasons on the bounce

Aird should be given a second chance. Only just started his career with us then father passes away, flight home and back thousand of miles away then one week back he had a dodgy subs appearance. I certainly wouldn't be in the right frame of mind after such a short turn around.
9 points behind Hibs at the top and we have been bang average this season that is the most frustrating part. Above average season and we would be level with them or clear but this is Falkirk after all, never do things straight forward.

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Has there been any artists impressions or plans made available to the public to give us an idea of what to expect ?

The only thing that really looks set in stone is that the bar is going to be in the western half. Looks like the gym could be at that end as well with the community space/learning centre in the eastern half.

P_14_0421_FUL-_Approved_03__Typical_Section-508980.pdf

P_14_0421_FUL-_Approved_02__Proposed_Floor_Plans-508979.pdf

P_14_0421_FUL-_Approved_01__Location_Plan-508978.pdf

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Who owns this? Will it be the club or council? Ie is this a way we will grow our club revenue?

I seem to recall from the agm that it was some kind of govt or Eu scheme we were using to pay for it. Can't remember the exact ins and outs of it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Who owns this? Will it be the club or council? Ie is this a way we will grow our club revenue?

Superfan owns it. Nothing to do with the council

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I seem to recall from the agm that it was some kind of govt or Eu scheme we were using to pay for it. Can't remember the exact ins and outs of it.

The Council got an input into the Falkirk Stadium design and partial ownership thereof due to them owning some of the land that was sold to Morrisons during the sale of Brockville. I think it's fair to say that shared ownership of TFS hasn't been a great thing for our club. We're basically a tenant in our own home. Any paying sweetly for the privilege.

Bearing that in mind, I suspect that hell would freeze over before we would ever give the Council an input - and therefore a veto and the chance to charge us even more money - into any development of the South stand.

Was it not paid for by Sandy Alexander and we either rent it on the cheap or repay it over the very long term?

BPM would probably know. Edit - he's already answered it. He beat me by two mins. Do you have the financial details Mr P?

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

The Council got an input into the Falkirk Stadium design and partial ownership thereof due to them owning some of the land that was sold to Morrisons during the sale of Brockville. I think it's fair to say that shared ownership of TFS hasn't been a great thing for our club. We're basically a tenant in our own home. Any paying sweetly for the privilege.
Bearing that in mind, I suspect that hell would freeze over before we would ever give the Council an input - and therefore a veto and the chance to charge us even more money - into any development of the South stand.
Was it not paid for by Sandy Alexander and we either rent it on the cheap or repay it over the very long term?
BPM would probably know. Edit - he's already answered it. He beat me by two mins. Do you have the financial details Mr P?

I think it was the land that the old astro pitch at the back that the council owned

I think it was the land that the old astro pitch at the back that the council owned

I think it was 2/7 of the overall land that the council owned which also included the land at the top of Hope St where the petrol station now sits (that was a deal breaker for Morrisons I believe).

Cost is 60/70k or so a year to the club. However I think in the past if we have been skint the kind hearted soul has given us a discount or not taken anything.

Good to see some development after 7 years no idea how much revenue it will make the club though.

I think it was 2/7 of the overall land that the council owned which also included the land at the top of Hope St where the petrol station now sits (that was a deal breaker for Morrisons I believe).

We should have hunted the coucil. It was our one and only chance.

Ritchie and Co told us the reason we move from Brockville was we couldn't make any money from the place outside a Matchday and that was limited too.

What do we do? Get involved in a joint venture company that lost a fortune and now have a stadium that costs us a fortune which puts us about 400k behind the likes of Hamilton before we sell a ST every season.

If you speak to those who were there the first day we moved we had council people telling us you can put that picture there as it is not your stadium.

You could not make the thing up. However it is pretty much par for the course with these owners.

I have to say that I don't know the financial ins and outs of the stadium deal but if we're £400000 a year extra for the stadium then surely that's unsubstainable for a club our size? just 2 or 3 seasons of a slump, no cup run and crowds down to 2000 mark and we'd be bankrupt or close to it. is anyone at the club trying to do anything about the stadium deal as it seems seriously unfair to us? when the south stand got built, considering the amount of free publicity we should get a huge discount not just time to pay back the cost (might be my memory but was it not implied in the press at the time that the south stand was getting built for us at no cost to the club as the guy was a huge fan?)