The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

I've not missed a game home or away in 15 years. I don't actually care this season, its done, best we can hope for is semis of play offs with that team playing as they are. A rotation player isn't what we need.

As I said I'll give the lad a chance but his record and the fact we continue sign players who are released from teams below us paints the already alarming picture that he wont make an impact.

He wasn't released by Morton he was out of contract and got offered a better contract at Carlisle so he knocked back the new contract Morton were offering him..

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I've read a load of poor comments and feedback regarding Joe McKee on here, let's give the guy a chance to see what he can do. He's not even kicked a ball for us yet.
Think back to players like Mark Millar who played for Morton also, struggled, came on to a game with us, signed by DU and couldn't kick his own arse up there, came back to us and changed our season and was fantastic.
Who knows, this guy may just fit the bill and gel with Sibbald, Hippolyte and Aird. Think it's important to give the guy half a chance, maybe come May we'll be hoping to sign him!!!
Come on ye Bairns

Fucking some of you on here are a red neck. Give the boy a chance for f**k sake. Sick to the back teeth of you moany b*****ds. I wasn't blown away by the signing of Baird, Mchugh, Miller, Kerr, hippo etc. All have turned to do a good job for us. It's what he does in a Falkirk top that he should be judged on and he's not even had a chance to do that before the usual greeting b*****ds come out the woodwork. Gies peace. 

I've not missed a game home or away in 15 years. I don't actually care this season, its done, best we can hope for is semis of play offs with that team playing as they are. A rotation player isn't what we need.
As I said I'll give the lad a chance but his record and the fact we continue sign players who are released from teams below us paints the already alarming picture that he wont make an impact.

Carlisle are below us?

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Fucking some of you on here are a red neck. Give the boy a chance for f**k sake. Sick to the back teeth of you moany b*****ds. I wasn't blown away by the signing of Baird, Mchugh, Miller, Kerr, hippo etc. All have turned to do a good job for us. It's what he does in a Falkirk top that he should be judged on and he's not even had a chance to do that before the usual greeting b*****ds come out the woodwork. Gies peace. 

Excellent swearing btw.

2 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Dont need a 'big' player imo, need someone who can do the dirty work, box to box running, basically a new Will Vaulks.

When he played for us, that was never McKee's game. On a good day he'll be more likely to be trying to set to play going forward it having a dig from distance. But don't expect him to tackle. He needs a minder in the middle of the park to win the ball and give him it.

25 minutes ago, steveoath said:

When he played for us, that was never McKee's game. On a good day he'll be more likely to be trying to set to play going forward it having a dig from distance. But don't expect him to tackle. He needs a minder in the middle of the park to win the ball and give him it.

Seem to remember him 'tackling' last season.

13 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To be honest I'm just shocked that we've signed anybody. I do wonder whether he was the best option available but we have signed  players before with questionable previous records who have turned out pretty good and others with great records that have proven to be mince. Our centre midfields been a problem. Hopefully this may fix it or it may not only time will tell.

I'm sure every Falkirk fan is surprised any incoming transfer happened albeit hoping we swapped Craigen for anyone. 

The whole midfield has been our problem due to the dynamics of it changing and the pishness of the replacements. Kerr has been made the scapegoat now that the Rankins not Vaulks cry has gone but I never once heard Sibbald is not Vaulks.

Time will indeed tell re the McKee signing, some players just fit in at clubs and hopefully McKee does

12 hours ago, moanthebairns said:

Id have loved a marque signing but, if you think our signing policy since relegation is gonna change anytime soon, then you seriously need to change your mindset. I've been very critical of Housties signings recently and however easy it is to write someone off due to previous, its best to sit tight and wait and see, where is the joy in the I was right he's useless when I judged a player I really know nothing about.

I think if we had a Rankin or Taiwo on the bench on Saturday, they'd have been used to freshen up the middle when St mirren were pushing us but our only option was Craigen, now there's my thinking..... McKee surely can't be as slow as Craigen but like Craigen, I'll reserve judgement till he's played in navy blue