The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Surely a piss take?

Of course, don't worry. That game today was beyond pish. 

Only problem is I'm not sure there's anyone who could come in and do much better with the squad we have. It is littered with duds.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Mega pish, feels like the season is over, especially since we'll likely have to overcome Morton and Dundee United to get to the playoff final.

We've got a decent number of players out of contract in the summer. A new boss will be able to manoeuvre a lot within our wage budget and reshape the team. The balance just isn't right in the team and Houston has had 3 seasons to build the side. Can't see that changing between now and next season.
That said I've no idea who I'd want in.

43 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Today was definitely the tipping point for me. In many ways, it reminded me of some of the worst days under Pressley. Disappointed for Houston, who is genuinely likeable and has given us many great days in his time as manager. Nevertheless, it's now clear he cannot take us any further and does not have the scouting ability required to compete at this level. 

Hughes is the man for me. The "WE CUN DO BETTER THAN YOGI" fans can get fucked. Unquestionably the most successful modern era Falkirk manager, and the only manager in recent memory who had the balls to pressure his employers to strive to be better and not accept mediocrity. 

Hughes will be never be back. He not only burned his bridges when he left, but there were a few incidents behind the scenes when he subsequently returned as manager of an opposing team. And no I'm not going to go into details.

As for Houston, I don't think there's any likelihood that he will be sacked. We're not a club which does that, as was proven when there was an open meeting at the stadium with several hundred fans and they clearly told the chairman they would not renew their seasons if Pressley was kept on as manager. We all know how that ended. I think we would need to do a St Mirren and sit adrift at the bottom of the league before there was any danger of a sacking. Houston will be in charge next year.  

40 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Hughes will be never be back. He not only burned his bridges when he left, but there were a few incidents behind the scenes when he subsequently returned as manager of an opposing team. And no I'm not going to go into details.

Oh, won't you? Please? Puurlease?

What a load of shite. 

Today's performance really was a throwback to the Pressley era. We've been badly let down by Houston's recruitment policy stretching as far as half a tank of petrol get you (return). 

This was all very predictable in the summer. Countless of us said he'd gone for quantity rather than quality. We are a club completely without ambition or direction. Even the attempts to be a Championship youngster shop window selling club is fucked. That well has run dry for a while.

I'd bite your hands off for Hughes' return. I was happy when he left as I thought we could do better. How wrong I was. 

But he only won the league due to the board gambling on doing so by giving him the biggest budget in the league for a season. We'll need to do that again to go up. Doubt there's any appetite to do do. We'll bumble along hunting a playoff spot until someone ponies up the cash to have a go. 

Houston has to go though. Squad is awful.

Edited by ScotSquid

Hughes's time has been and gone. The last thing we need is a manager who wants us to spunk cash on players we haven't got . He left ICT because they wouldn't risk the future of the club to meet his spending requirements. I'd also prefer a manager who can get a team to perform all season and not just up to Xmas. Can't say I have any optimism at all about the next wee while. Houston needs to go but God knows who the clowns on the bod would appoint next. It's a frightening thought.