The Falkirk FC Thread

Wouldn't be surprised if rankin comes back to haunt us re the play offs. That's them scored 6 goals in two difficult away matches since he moved. Radio scotland said they were excellent. Qos and the pars are in better form than us. We need a good signing in this window to lift fans spirits and the game away at St mirren next week is another big one. I'm not confident if he goes with the same team.

Think the consensus from most is that changes at boardroom level is essential for any meaningful change to happen. Change like a little ambition for example.

However that seems unlikely in the short term. Therefore I'm interested in hearing if there is a consensus for change regarding the manager.

I know that might be a problem as compensation needed & also poses the question of who replaces him, but I'm interested to hear what people are thinking. Should Houston be punted?

Yes. He should be punted, his activities identifying new players is shameful and most of the players he had brought to the club have been questionable at best.

To think he was a scout for Celtic, it doesn't appear as if he explored the potential there.

The thing for me is we are not getting any better and he appears lost and out of his depth. Time to cut him loose I'm afraid, I've been thinking that for a while now.

Replacement?
Jim Duffy?

Houston's signings since he arrived have been poor in the main to say the least. The more players leave that were signed by his predecessors and are replaced by his own signings the worse we are going to get. This was a season that should've been one to look forward to with an increased budget good season ticket sales and the basis of a good side. Houston's dire signings have wrecked any chance of a decent season and the worrying thing is players like kidd and craigen are on 2 year deals taking up budget for no return. Next season the budget will drop as will the season ticket holders unless changes are made . Whether that's to the team or manager it needs done now.

Houston's signings since he arrived have been poor in the main to say the least. The more players leave that were signed by his predecessors and are replaced by his own signings the worse we are going to get. This was a season that should've been one to look forward to with an increased budget good season ticket sales and the basis of a good side. Houston's dire signings have wrecked any chance of a decent season and the worrying thing is players like kidd and craigen are on 2 year deals taking up budget for no return. Next season the budget will drop as will the season ticket holders unless changes are made . Whether that's to the team or manager it needs done now.

Let's look at the team yesterday

Houston signed

Rogers
Muirhead
Taiwo
Kerr
Hyppolyte
McHugh
Baird

Bench
Thomson
Craigen
Kidd
Luca
Miller

Over the two seasons only Craigen is a complete failure for me and certainly the ones playing yesterday contributed well last season. His problem is not getting them out the team when their form has dipped.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think most think he has earned time to sort out a mess of a summer transfer window. However he has to fix it and quickly. We have a squad that is so out of balance and it is his making.

Agreed it is his problem and what's worrying is, he recognised there was an issue a few months back. Some players have had it too easy for too long IMO and need taken out the team 

12 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Ah well, at least you didn't end the season completely trophy-less.

You know, I actually wanted Hibs to win the cup last season. My long-standing hatred of all things Rangers easily trumped my temporary dislike of a club I'd never really bothered about before. And even then, my dislike was more of Alan Stubbs than Hibernian FC.

Lord how I repent that decision. You lot have become the most insufferable smug c'nts in the history of smug c'nts. I now wish Rangers had scudded you.

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

You know, I actually wanted Hibs to win the cup last season. My long-standing hatred of all things Rangers easily trumped my temporary dislike of a club I'd never really bothered about before. And even then, my dislike was more of Alan Stubbs than Hibernian FC.

Lord how I repent that decision. You lot have become the most insufferable smug c'nts in the history of smug c'nts. I now wish Rangers had scudded you.

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_1484499306.238745.jpg.96bba264f1e531

IMG_1484499316.238527.jpg.f3bb79fbac9d8f