The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, alexhay said:

Do you know how McGrandles is getting back because we could get him back on loan?

McGrandles still a young guy who's been out with a very serious injury. He was on fantastic form when we sold him initially but wasn't especially good when back on loan imo.

16 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

McGrandles still a young guy who's been out with a very serious injury. He was on fantastic form when we sold him initially but wasn't especially good when back on loan imo.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this, we're after a creative right winger who can hit the ground running, Connor is likely still in recovery and finishing the season for Norwich reserves will probably set him up for another loan move or first team action next season. If you were him or Norwich you'd probably want to give him experience of playing in a different league too. I'm not sure he'd be the right move for any of the parties involved.

McGrandles at his best would be an excellent addition to our midfield now. He has the legs to go box to box and would be a good partner for Kerr. However, I've no idea what kind of shape he is currently in and at the moment another central mid would be a luxury compared to a right sided mid.

I'd like to see Houston trying to get Loy to come back next season.He's only 28 so would be a decent replacement for Baird.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McGrandles at his best would be an excellent addition to our midfield now. He has the legs to go box to box and would be a good partner for Kerr. However, I've no idea what kind of shape he is currently in and at the moment another central mid would be a luxury compared to a right sided mid.

I'd like to see Houston trying to get Loy to come back next season.He's only 28 so would be a decent replacement for Baird.

Aye, if he impresses at St Mirren then I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Definite upgrade on Baird

Development team doing well is nice but until it's reflected in the first team doing something I don't really care.

Loy isn't what we need. St Mirren will still go down. He's not kicked a ball since he left us.

Yeah I'm still really unsure about the development team. Yeah it's great to see them doing well but it's hardly a great standard and it's really making no impact on our first team. Scott Shepherd by all accounts had done well and scored goals for the development team this season but he's clearly nowhere near good enough for the first team. I'd love to see the likes of Eadie, Blues and Peggie get there chance in the first team or if Houston doesn't think they're going to be ready get them loaned out so they can first team experience somewhere else they would benefit them a lot more than the development league imo.

With Loy we absolutely don't need a striker we've already got 5 first team strikers plus a shepherd. However I still would've been tempted to bring him back just because I fucking love him. However he's looking like being one of the growing list of players over the last few years who's brilliant with us then does very little once they leave.

He was not match fit when he came back. Had he not got injured by that thug at Morton I believe you would have seen the best of him towards the end of the season.

He was not match fit when he came back. Had he not got injured by that thug at Morton I believe you would have seen the best of him towards the end of the season.

Him and Grant would of gave us that little bit extra to get us over the line against Killie I think.