The Falkirk FC Thread

Can't find who described Rodgers as a class act but I owe you an apology as I've just witnessed best save I've seen live by him today. I questioned just how good he was but got that wrong. Spectacular save.

It was me. Great keeper that we've had for two seasons. Who cares if it's a loan.

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He would have done ok for us without Kerr and Taiwo in the team

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He at least lasted 90 mins against st mirren for u. He got hauled for us after 45 against them he was so bad.

Tend to agree with BPM that given you have Kerr and Taiwo he wasn`t needed at Falkirk.

We desperately needed someone like him. Hopefully continues to be good for us. time will tell.

Tend to agree with BPM that given you have Kerr and Taiwo he wasn`t needed at Falkirk.
We desperately needed someone like him. Hopefully continues to be good for us. time will tell.

He had a couple of decent games but generally I felt his legs have gone

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He had a couple of decent games but generally I felt his legs have gone

Yep as you suggested in your original post re him Taiwo and Kerr we need to get the correct balance around him in midfield,

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

It was me. Great keeper that we've had for two seasons. Who cares if it's a loan.

I'd still prefer developing one of our own rather then for someone else but thought he was outstanding today. Commanding in the box & what a save! As I said I apologise for ever doubting. Big performance & result.

Will take more than one performance to change my view on Muirhead tho and today wasn't the start of my turnaround on him.

Rankin always gave 100% for us and is clearly a top professional. Certainly competent at this level, as others have said with two other good defensive midfielders he just wasn't going to get the game time with us. More frustration at Houston with that one because he knew this in the Summer and signed him anyway. Best of luck to him at Queens 

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep as you suggested in your original post re him Taiwo and Kerr we need to get the correct balance around him in midfield,

The key word there is balance.

Rankin and Kerr started 5 games together and bar the game Rankin was subbed at half time v St mirren which we were losing 1-0 and ended up winning without him, the record stands at 4 and half games 3 losses 1 draw and half a defeat.

Rankins best output for us was without Kerr or the occasional sub show, tho the sub show was hit miss.

My biggest gripe bar the Kerr and him together was his poor passing ability, tho never fully got long enough to see it fully

The key word there is balance.
Rankin and Kerr started 5 games together and bar the game Rankin was subbed at half time v St mirren which we were losing 1-0 and ended up winning without him, the record stands at 4 and half games 3 losses 1 draw and half a defeat.
Rankins best output for us was without Kerr or the occasional sub show, tho the sub show was hit miss.
My biggest gripe bar the Kerr and him together was his poor passing ability, tho never fully got long enough to see it fully

Kerr and Rankin started at Ayr when we won

He did OK, he never set the heather alight but was solid enough and dependable, scored a couple of cracking goals but was never really utilised as an out and out forward, became a starter after the injury to Kev Smith and played in his position, wide left with licence to drift in, it was all experience for him and advantageous for you, didn't let anyone down and certainly didn't look out of place in League One!!!