The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I'm going to throw this crazy notion out there, but maybe, just maybe, the club do not want to spend Monday pursuing a case that could not be proved beyond reasonable doubt ?

Surely having looked at the evidence and then submitted it they must've thought that we had a decent case. What has happened to change their mind must be more than Beaton getting given the cup final. A quite amazing decision considering his recent failure to give a clear goal in the Dundee v motherwell game. I wonder if somebody has made a cock up here and either forgotten to submit the evidence in time or submitted the wrong evidence. Why else would we be keeping the reason for Withdrawal under wraps.

Perhaps we got a second 'professional' opinion from another referee who couldn't 100% say we would win the appeal. All ifs buts and maybe's. Some transparency on the issue would be lovely of course but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and think my club is in trouble and turmoil due to a pulled out appeal.

11 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Interesting to note we won't have a cup run this season. Could you also use your psychic abilities to say what the draw for the Scottish will be, along with the scores as i'd like to pop along to the bookies and win a few hundred thousand, thanks in advance for the help!! 

No sorry im afraid that my psychic abilities only stretch to knowing we won't get a cup run. Would happily wager you now that we won't make it to Hampden this year unless we make good signings in January. 50 quid?

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Who is this alias then ?

What a nick you are getting yourself in. Crabbit, moany faced old duffer. We are in a tougher league this season and that's on the back of a season in which we surpassed all expectations. We are not far off where we probably should be sitting with the team we have. I suggest you save your frilly drenching, feet stomping, tantrum until our position on the league is assessed after at least half of the season is over for f**k sake.

Interested how you think this is a harder league this season? Rangers are gone, united aren't as strong as them, Hibs are weaker in my view and we finished above them last term, beat them in the playoffs.

We need to be progressing each session to get out the league. So far we look like being some way away from even matching last years achievements - that's disappointing.

Edited by BountyBairn

15 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

No sorry im afraid that my psychic abilities only stretch to knowing we won't get a cup run. Would happily wager you now that we won't make it to Hampden this year unless we make good signings in January. 50 quid?

Interested how you think this is a harder league this season? Rangers are gone, united aren't as strong as them, Hibs are weaker in my view and we finished above them last term, beat them in the playoffs.

We need to be progressing each session to get out the league. So far we look like being some way away from even matching last years achievements - that's disappointing.

Please inform me of the signings that were made that you knew would help us finish 5th in the 2nd tier and reach hampden in the same season ? You can't, it's because in the cup the luck of the draw has a lot to say about whether you have a good run or not regardless of any January signings made. And as we are not at that stage yet, I'm calling bullshit on your point that we cannot progress in a cup before we even know who we are up against.

The league is harder this season because as has been shown everyone can take points off each other without it being a shock result. Do you really expect us to go through a season with only 4 defeats again ?

On 16/11/2016 at 21:05, keithgy said:

Costs £1000 to appeal and probably thought it was not worth the risk.

Appeal cost for a Championship club is £250, refunded if you win.

20 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely not. He'll still have the suspension points held against him which could cause problems further down the line.

You don't get "points" for suspensions and card these days. They stopped all that three years ago. It will however count as a red card and if he gets another one for the same reason he'll get a two match suspension for a second offence in the same season, not a one match.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely having looked at the evidence and then submitted it they must've thought that we had a decent case. What has happened to change their mind must be more than Beaton getting given the cup final. A quite amazing decision considering his recent failure to give a clear goal in the Dundee v motherwell game. I wonder if somebody has made a cock up here and either forgotten to submit the evidence in time or submitted the wrong evidence. Why else would we be keeping the reason for Withdrawal under wraps.

You have to notify intention to appeal by 3pm on Monday but you don't lodge the actual evidence until 3pm Tuesday. I'd imagine what they lodged was an Intention to appeal before actually seeing all the available footage then, when they actually got it, it either doesn't bear out innocence, or doesn't show enough detail to prove it, so the appeal was withdrawn. It would seem fairly pointless to have submitted everything and then withdrawn it.

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Appeal cost for a Championship club is £250, refunded if you win.

You don't get "points" for suspensions and card these days. They stopped all that three years ago. It will however count as a red card and if he gets another one for the same reason he'll get a two match suspension for a second offence in the same season, not a one match.

You have to notify intention to appeal by 3pm on Monday but you don't lodge the actual evidence until 3pm Tuesday. I'd imagine what they lodged was an Intention to appeal before actually seeing all the available footage then, when they actually got it, it either doesn't bear out innocence, or doesn't show enough detail to prove it, so the appeal was withdrawn. It would seem fairly pointless to have submitted everything and then withdrawn it.

Well it was reported that the evidence was submitted on Tuesday and then the appeal pulled on Wednesday.  And surely there would be no need for it to be so hush hush in that case. Surely we'd also have a good look at the video evidence available between the Saturday and the Monday when we told the league and all our shareholders that we would be appealing. The challenge was nowhere near as bad as the one mckinnons got off with when he nearly broke mark kerrs shin in two.

17 hours ago, brokeville said:

Your medication is clearly not working.

19 hours ago, Rugster said:

His big fat belly

Don't really care what you think. As you can see I've not posted on here much since I joined. I got the same responses when I said we were signing Baird and Kerr a month before they signed and also when I posted that Vaulks was offski in the summer. 

Time will tell if I'm right again or not!

On 7/16/2016 at 16:13, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Vaulks will be signing for Barnsley. We have a replacement line up.

17 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Don't really care what you think. As you can see I've not posted on here much since I joined. I got the same responses when I said we were signing Baird and Kerr a month before they signed and also when I posted that Vaulks was offski in the summer. 

Time will tell if I'm right again or not!

TFW ur ITK AF.

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

ITK AF.

Not really. The "Vaulks will be signing for Barnsley" line was posted the day after the story broke. It was also put up midway through the second half of the match at Stirling, after everyone had already noticed he was missing. 

The part about the pitch being "fooked" is nonsense. Wind up attempt methinks.

Not really. The "Vaulks will be signing for Barnsley" line was posted the day after the story broke. It was also put up midway through the second half of the match at Stirling, after everyone had already noticed he was missing. 

The part about the pitch being "fooked" is nonsense. Wind up attempt methinks.

Aye I know. I was being sarcastic for comic effect.

I'm going to throw this crazy notion out there, but maybe, just maybe, the club do not want to spend Monday pursuing a case that could not be proved beyond reasonable doubt ?

Don't think it's a crazy notion but I think after reflection the club have thought we may not overturn this and the decision may be upheld

I've watched the incident a good few times and my view this tackle was fair and uncompromising maybe 10 years ago... But in my opinion in this present day, I thought it was reckless and dangerous and could have caused serious injury. You cannot take the ball these days and follow through the player. I also thought McGinn was also lucky to stay on the park

Thought we played well yesterday. Very professional performance. For sure if Craigen plays there like he did yesterday he is our best no.10 option. Got beyond strikers regularly and was involved in all the good stuff we played.

Defensively very sound again and we should have won by more.

Onto the Squaller next.

49 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Play Craigen in his best position rather than shunted out wide and he scores plus plays well?

Shock horror.

If only it was a number 10 or CM we needed when he was brought in eh?

The answer to our right hand side issue may well be setting up like we did yesterday. Only concern would be who would lead the line if Super Lee is unavailable, not sure what other forwards are right for lone striker in that type of 4-2-3-1 system.