The Falkirk FC Thread

Stating the obvious but Hamilton that the team that couldn't buy a win(with their own money,not someone else's) managed to stop Dundee finishing in the top 6 for a bigger cash prize By beating them.

To think, those earned £'s may have gave you the cash to keep your top goalscorer instead of flogging him for £250k, Stewart will be next probably for less or nothing. That's where Scottish football is now, a game of who can piss higher....

Never been overly impressed with Harkins in seeing him v us, his best games I've seen him in were on tv. If we were interested, I reckon it would've blocked Sibbalds progress, tho Harkins has the killer pass thats missing from Sibbalds game and what we are missing.

You seem overly upset about this whole thing. Should we not let him go to Hamilton as they beat us last season? If there was a clause in his contract he wanted to activate we could have an extra £200k or so in the bank and still not be able to match oxfords offer (which no non OF team could realistically pay a player)

Did you see our cup game last season? He dominated your midfield and looked head and shoulders above any of your players.

He is frustrating but his poor games tend to come against the top 4 sides in the top league, he routinely wins games vs your standard premiership teams with his magic. He's far better than the championship.

1 hour ago, Deefiant said:

You seem overly upset about this whole thing. Should we not let him go to Hamilton as they beat us last season? If there was a clause in his contract he wanted to activate we could have an extra £200k or so in the bank and still not be able to match oxfords offer (which no non OF team could realistically pay a player)

Did you see our cup game last season? He dominated your midfield and looked head and shoulders above any of your players.

He is frustrating but his poor games tend to come against the top 4 sides in the top league, he routinely wins games vs your standard premiership teams with his magic. He's far better than the championship.

Not upset at all....stating the obvious in return....

Yep I was at the cup game, tend to go with someone dominating the midfield being central in the middle and not being the attacking mid link to the attack. Harkins probably had his best game I've seen against us that night but it was hardly wow, caught a fair bit in possesion and somehow it's only the Dundee fans who have the opinion that they dominated the game, the reporters on Radio Scotland seemed to share my opinion but that's by the by.

Harkins is 31 on a decent wage, not the kinda player that brings or buys into club harmony and by stories from Dundee is heading to Hamilton, the big wage rules us out. I'm not suggesting he wouldn't improve us, I think he would as he can take a set piece and play the killer ball, something we are lacking big style. If Hamilton stories are true, I'd be surprised if he isn't walkabouts again in January, he's never been one to stick around.

My recollection of that game was the Derry bullying the linesman into dodgy offside calls in the 1st half.

Also worth mentioning the large area over by the main stand that was completely unplayable. 1 instance being a ball dropping from the sky and barely bouncing on it.

My recollection of that game was the Derry bullying the linesman into dodgy offside calls in the 1st half.

Also worth mentioning the large area over by the main stand that was completely unplayable. 1 instance being a ball dropping from the sky and barely bouncing on it.

:lol:

Oooft

15 hours ago, Deefiant said:

Gary Harkins pished all over your midfield last season in the cup.

It was quite embarrassing tbh after hearing how vaulks and "sibbs" were going to tear us up for shitey paper.

For clarity, he'd immediately be your best player. He's signing for Hamilton* anyway so it's a moot point.

*true as of last Thursday

Harkins was pretty shite that night despite scoring, and thoroughly outclassed by Sibbald. All the Dundee fans I know want to sign Sibbald and all are glad they're getting rid of Harkins/he wouldn't accept reduced contract terms. I assume you're a simpleton though, and this isn't the case with you? 

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Not many of you were anywhere near pleased when you signed John Rankin yet you'll be very pleased if you signed Gary Harkins.. :lol:

Harkins is a bit of an enigma I suppose. Bit like Skacel. You know hes probably way past his best but you hope that he'll still be able to produce a few moments of magic to turn games at championship level. 

I think you will find most of us considered Rankin a good squad signing but not as a direct replacement for Will Vaulks The same would be true of Harkins I suspect though that Hamilton will get their man.

14 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Gary Harkins would be a class signing at this level, anyone that says otherwise is a numpty :lol:

Indeed.  Falkirk fans turning their nose up at Harkins need sectioned.  Considering they've been stuck in the Championship for 6 years and counting.

1 hour ago, thelocalcat said:

Can't see it, he could play at most top tier clubs

Aye, but they're no the mighty Falkirk.

Also isn't it a loan deal? If so, I can see Aberdeen loaning him away from the league.

We seem to have a good relationship wi them too.

Indeed.  Falkirk fans turning their nose up at Harkins need sectioned.  Considering they've been stuck in the Championship for 6 years and counting.

The guys exactly what we need as well. An attacking option with a great pass and a bit of flair. Would take him in a heartbeat.