The Falkirk FC Thread

Think we should get a new writer in, every statement the club makes is just "Resource Limit is reached".

Anyone been able to read what we have to say about the playoff structure?

First game at home to Dundee United has been moved to a half five kick off for Alba, not hugely against that kick off time personally but you'd have to imagine that'll cost us a few quid.

17.15 I read? Not that it makes much difference.

That Falkirk statement tonight rightly has Killie fans amongst others pishing themselves. Agree with some of it, but Hampden can f**k right off.

29 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Wanting a one off game for the final.

Just read the statement on your website and have to agree. Current system isn't really fair on teams down here wanting promotion. 

Just read the statement:

"By comparison, I would estimate that a Falkirk v Dunfermline play-off at Hampden would attract a crowd of over 20,000"

So the board reckon a play-off game against the Pars would attract 3000 more punters than a Scottish Cup Semi against them did !?

#wiredtoafuckingmarsbar

10 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I'm currently having my own wee mini tantrum about the board not pushing the boat out even a little after punting Vaulks - they can take their statement and shove it sideways.

Look.. squirrel . Having absolutely moodhoovered the close season with pisspoor squad building, let's deflect attention from the Vaulks sale and the shambles of a midfield by griping about the playoffs.

Go f**k yourselves.

Embarrassing statement really.

In general, the play-off set up isn't perfect but the solution put forward by the club is garbage. A one-off Final I do agree with but the rest is a total riddy for us.

Did Killie not play the same amount of games as we did before the final last season anyway?

I'm currently having my own wee mini tantrum about the board not pushing the boat out even a little after punting Vaulks - they can take their statement and shove it sideways.

I actually wish that Henderson would just shut the f**k up and concentrate on ensuring the manager has as big a budget as possible and actually look like they want to get out of this league. They are taking the piss IMO. £1.2m of profit season before last. Paid off directors who put us in hock in the first place. Then they sell one of the leagues best players and have given Houston no more than a wage replacement for a 33 year old.

We lost to Kilmarnock for no other reason to didn't turn up, they did and ultimately had better players than us. The sooner they get that into their thick heads in the Boardroom the better. It mattered not a jot we had played a couple of more games.

Henderson speaks on the FFC Website a hell of a lot more than he did as an MP.

22 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Did Killie not play the same amount of games as we did before the final last season anyway?

Kilmarnock only played in the Final, while you lot had a Semi. 

You lot played on the 10th and 13th before meeting them in the first leg, Killie played on the 11th and 14th...

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock only played in the Final, while you lot had a Semi. 

You lot played on the 10th and 13th before meeting them in the first leg, Killie played on the 11th and 14th...

Yeah but they played an extra two league games more than us?

Edited by Hughsie

Just now, Hughsie said:

Yeah but they played an extra two league games more than us?

Well yeah. Your chairman or whoever is complaining that Championship sides are at a disadvantage due to playing so many play-off games, when in reality Falkirks schedule was virtually identical to Kilmarnocks last season. Its a weak as f**k excuse which doesnt hold any substance.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yeah. Your chairman or whoever is complaining that Championship sides are at a disadvantage due to playing so many play-off games, when in reality Falkirks schedule was virtually identical to Kilmarnocks last season. Its a weak as f**k excuse which doesnt hold any substance.

Yeah but there's a big difference in the fact that Killies last few games were meaningless so they could play a team of shirt fillers and did whilst we didn't have that opportunity but instead were knocking our pan our against Hibs. 

God knows why henderson bothered awe'll be nowhere near the playoffs with the current team.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah but there's a big difference in the fact that Killies last few games were meaningless so they could play a team of shirt fillers and did whilst we didn't have that opportunity but instead were knocking our pan our against Hibs. 

Does it really make that huge of a difference when you have six days to recover?

Remember last year I was getting pelters because I was spouting the same.
Last year everyone mentioned about spending money due to Rangers and Hibs being in the championship... What's the club's excuse now? Surely it's not DU, Hibs and the Pars are in this league. If this is the mindset, we'll never spend to get promoted.
Where are all the physical players Houstie bleated on about after Kilmarnock... We should have more money than ever yet we still try to get there on the cheap
Some things never change!