The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I'm suprised we never took him. We could really be doing with a player of his calibre to compliment our reserve side.

Nobody is going to say nice things about your reserve side, don't kid yourself.  Or did you mean "complement", fannybaws?

Rankines  33 for fecks sake. Vaulks is only 22. We've already got kerr in there whose in his 30s so the last thing we need to replace our captain is another golden oldie. We might as well admit now that we have no real intentions of making a real go of promotion this season or we wouldn't be flogging our captain to the first bidder that comes along.

Agree. This would be bad news. After our spectacular demise at Kilmarnock. Houstie spoke about needing more physical players to compete this season. So far, his signings don't show that and if Vaulks is away right enough, we'll need better than another over the hill player to give us any real chance of competing to win this league or are we just kidding ourselves on? I'm beginning to wonder if we're happy where we are stuck in the second tier with no ambition.

Everyone is suggesting we have the money, when do we not show our intent or are we trying to do things on the cheap, no surprise there!

If Vaulks is away then fair play to the lad. Played for free initially as we couldn't afford to offer him a wage. He's become captain and a firm favourite with the fans. He's also chipped in with some massive goals. I'll never be annoyed with a Bairn leaving to make their money at a higher level.

Sad to see him go but that's football. COYB

Rumour mongers apparently. Guy sat near me at the game reckons he's a fan's rep and gets told of transfers - heard nothing. Lewis rolled up and categorically stated it was bollocks.

That's not to stop Bayern Munich slapping in a late multi-million bid just before their season starts though. I heard there was someone watching the game yesterday who ordered their pie at half time in German.

Rumour mongers apparently. Guy sat near me at the game reckons he's a fan's rep and gets told of transfers - heard nothing. Lewis rolled up and categorically stated it was bollocks.

That's not to stop Bayern Munich slapping in a late multi-million bid just before their season starts though. I heard there was someone watching the game yesterday who ordered their pie at half time in German.

I didn't think there was a Fans Reps anymore?

Even if there was, I doubt highly he would always be told of transfers.

Fuxxakes. The boy picked up a knock last week so sat in the stand for the game yesterday. One of the guys from Falkirk TV said categorically there were no bids, no enquiries and he was going nowhere.

As confirmed by the Herald, a bid was received but has apparently been turned down.

Not a bad thing if it stays that way, I doubt it though.

Would be kind of ironic if he went to Rotherham, finally after all this time Stubbs will have found a way to pay a compliment to a team who tortured him for 2 seasons.

Also nice to see the #Hibsbois who don't consider us rival foaming at the gash over the prospect of Vaulks leaving.

That said, Vaulks will go with my best wishes and will be remembered fondly as having gave his all for the team and been an excellent captain.

Foaming at the gash :lol:

I think the telling thing is that the club have said the bid didn't meet their valuation, not that he isn't for sale.

He won't play for us again imo

There is absolutely no player at this level who isn't for sale.