The Falkirk FC Thread

I wouldnt be surprised if we sold someone but i thought that was our usual sale done with Ryan Blair. Big loss if Vaulks goes, Housty saying in Herald he's done in terms of players in. So he obviously isn't expecting any outgoings.

We need to sell someone every season. Ryan Blair and Botti were last seasons. Vaulks looks like this one.

Ooft.  Pretty disappointing stuff to be honest as I was hoping the club had left all these types of boardroom shenanigans and surreptitious stuff in the past but I looks like not much has changed after all.  Calls into question the funding for the fourth stand/offices then surely?  Also, no surprise to see MR implicated as being a toad...[emoji20]

Are you really surprised by this?

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Are you really surprised by this?

Not surprised (especially in Ritchie) but hoped we had moved away from this kind of shady nonsense.  The playing side of things are pretty stable at the moment so hope this gets dealt with swiftly as it's an unwelcome distraction.  I'll not hold my breathe though... (sweep, sweep) :thumbsdown

We shouldn't need to sell anyone this season. Having made 1.2mill the season before last and then selling Ryan Blair and getting vastly increased prize money we should be able to cope with a slight loss for one season. Players should only be being sold for silly money at this stage.

36 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We shouldn't need to sell anyone this season. Having made 1.2mill the season before last and then selling Ryan Blair and getting vastly increased prize money we should be able to cope with a slight loss for one season. Players should only be being sold for silly money at this stage.

Not to be cynical, but if we know the club has more money, so do the players, and that will clearly [and I think fairly] affect their demands when it comes to contract talks.

12 hours ago, john_meffen said:

Not to be cynical, but if we know the club has more money, so do the players, and that will clearly [and I think fairly] affect their demands when it comes to contract talks.

Yeah but he's still got a year to go on his contract. I'd rather he went for hee haw next summer rather than a pittance on the eve of the season starting.

Away stand looks pretty much full only the odd seat remaining. Att is 1315. In terms of the game been a poor first half in windy conditions. 1-0 down only created a couple of chances leahy goal chalked off for offside. Been impressed by gasparatto. Kidd looks very slow and doesn't look capable of attacking then getting back quick enough. Muirhead on that slot for me every time based on that brief showing