The Falkirk FC Thread

I thought yesterday that we could have done with someone a bit more creative coming off the bench in the centre of the park. Taiwo is still to come back from injury and Sibbald can move inside but I would like another body in there.

I was expecting some brute force and muscle after the mauling we got at Killie, I remember Houstie's interview after that game and he spoke about the need for a more physical squad moving forward for this season.
I'm not sure the players he has signed so far come into the physical bracket category.
How do we get out team capable of competing to win the league or get through another potential play off campaign? I think we are still a bit on the light side unless anyone has any info on potential signings.

I was quite pleased with the run out yesterday. Lets not forget they finished just outside the playoffs last season, in a league Dunfermline took 3 attempts to get out of.

We dominated for long spells, created a number of clear cut chances and really should have scored 7 or 8 on what was a very difficult pitch.

Best for me were Vaulks, Austin and Gallagher. The only real negative was Baird's performance. He wasn't bad, but absolutely nothing came off for him. Looks badly lacking in confidence.

The way Craigan drifted inside his man before clipping the ball across for Austin to head in reminded me of Stewart at Dundee. Hopefully he can be a big player for us this season. Thought Gasparotto strolled it despite some negative comments from other fans. Kidd did ok and put in a good cross for McHugh's goal.

Rogers, Grant, Henderson & Taiwo still to come in to that team where we made 8 subs will make competition for places very high.

Anyone else hear that we expected to sell a player over the summer so have overspent the budget by £150,000? 

Would suggest there is absolutely no chance of any more faces coming in, unless a free loan from England.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I was quite pleased with the run out yesterday. Lets not forget they finished just outside the playoffs last season, in a league Dunfermline took 3 attempts to get out of.

We dominated for long spells, created a number of clear cut chances and really should have scored 7 or 8 on what was a very difficult pitch.

Best for me were Vaulks, Austin and Gallagher. The only real negative was Baird's performance. He wasn't bad, but absolutely nothing came off for him. Looks badly lacking in confidence.

The way Craigan drifted inside his man before clipping the ball across for Austin to head in reminded me of Stewart at Dundee. Hopefully he can be a big player for us this season. Thought Gasparotto strolled it despite some negative comments from other fans. Kidd did ok and put in a good cross for McHugh's goal.

Rogers, Grant, Henderson & Taiwo still to come in to that team where we made 8 subs will make competition for places very high.

Anyone else hear that we expected to sell a player over the summer so have overspent the budget by £150,000? 

Would suggest there is absolutely no chance of any more faces coming in, unless a free loan from England.

Money in the bank to cover a small overspend if necessary. Bout time we pushed the boat out a bit. Anyone else coming in will probably depend on how the season starts I'd think.

Would suggest there is absolutely no chance of any more faces coming in, unless a free loan from England

I always though this was a mental part of the boards finances, requiring a player to be sold every summer at this level for that sort of money.

Obviously the time would come that we didn't have a youth player ready to be sold on. I still can't believe Botti & Blair got moved on for decent money.

Darren Ferguson was at the game yesterday looking at Vaulks.

They're staying at Stirling Court Hotel, where I've been this last week. Not that I've got anything to do with Doncaster Rovers! Spoke to a couple of them, said they're not playing any friendlies, just training.

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

I always though this was a mental part of the boards finances, requiring a player to be sold every summer at this level for that sort of money.

Obviously the time would come that we didn't have a youth player ready to be sold on. I still can't believe Botti & Blair got moved on for decent money.

Yeah but things like the pitch now earning money and  improved prize money in our league should hopefully mean that soon that won't be necessary.

Your financial model is poorly thought out. It'll see you all come unstuck in the near future if you can't sell players to balance your books. After the Pars deserved financial demise we're building for the future at a pace built on realism. Great people in charge and a real community asset. A lot of clubs will follow us as we're showing how it should be done. Who knows maybe enough money will eventually be available for you guys to finish the Chemical Arena.

Your financial model is poorly thought out. It'll see you all come unstuck in the near future if you can't sell players to balance your books. After the Pars deserved financial demise we're building for the future at a pace built on realism. Great people in charge and a real community asset. A lot of clubs will follow us as we're showing how it should be done. Who knows maybe enough money will eventually be available for you guys to finish the Chemical Arena.

A lot of clubs should follow you? You are not a club a lot of other clubs should be looking up to :lol: or have you forgotten the last few years already?

In denial. Accept that my words of absolute truth will prevail. We're a beacon of hope for smaller clubs like Falkirk. Let us be humble and modest toward each other with praise. By the way we will f**k you lot over.