The Falkirk FC Thread

Delighted that Grant has signed an extension but am I being overly cynical in thinking his injury may have influenced his decision?

No chance. We gave him and opportunity and stuck by him through his injury. Plus he recently moved into a house in the area.

Delighted that Grant has signed an extension but am I being overly cynical in thinking his injury may have influenced his decision?

I'm not sure it's influenced his decision but the injury has certainly put other clubs off coming in for him I would have thought. If he'd remained fit and kept his form up till end of season someone quite probably would've come in with an offer for him that would've been difficult to knock back.

I must admit that for the first few months that Grant played for us I wasn't keen, but I hold my hands up and say that he has proved me wholly wrong and some.

His lack of pace is his only downfall, he tho as defenders do position himself to counter that.

I reckon he'd probably gone by now if he had the pace to go with his talent

Grant and Gasparotto with Watson and Muirhead for cover is outrageously good for this level.

Before Grants injury our defensive record was incredible. It should be even better this season.

We have 5 very good forwards and some real quality in the middle of the park.

If Utd and Hibs are to win this league, they're gonnae need to be very good.

Grant and Gasparotto with Watson and Muirhead for cover is outrageously good for this level.

Before Grants injury our defensive record was incredible. It should be even better this season.

We have 5 very good forwards and some real quality in the middle of the park.

If Utd and Hibs are to win this league, they're gonnae need to be very good.

All we need now is an extremely competent goalkeeper and we won't be far away.

I don't think Housty will bring anyone else in now- apart from Rogers if he agrees to come back. Personally i think he may be holding off for other offers , which makes sense with him wanting to better his goalkeeping and progress his career. Something which i think he can do at Falkirk, but maybe i'm being biased.

If we didn't have to automatically give McCracken a deal that would have freed up some funds to get another player in. I'm still scared, if thats the right word, as to what formation Housty will have us this season.

Just watched this classic. Favourite day ever at Brockville in my favourite season as a Bairn. First half hour passed so quick a full reality check was needed. What a day.

That's was a great watch. Brockville was a beautiful place. That was a great season, second only for me to the Jefferies/Stainrod era.