The Falkirk FC Thread

Its midfield we need to bolster imo. A different kind of player to those we already have, to give us a better balance,  i.e. someone a bit stronger - and taller.  A Stuart Taylor / Davie Nicholls type.  

Davie Moss was another one that played that role well.

Jobby McCall had the 3 at the back setup nailed and our centre halves werent the quickest back then either. I think if the boy Kidd is any good then we have the correct type of players to do it.

Part of me feels like we need to sign more attcking options, but its easy to forget about Austin, if he can make the step up to score into double figures goals this season, coupled with the threat from elsewhere, we should be in great shape. He can learn a lot from our other strikers as they all have different facets to their game.

Not sure we need more attacking options really, Baird scored 17 last year, McHugh despite being injured for most of the season scored 6-8 pretty important ones at the end of the season, miller chipped in with a few and we also have o'hara and Austin coming into the mix as well.

We will miss alstons goals from midfield but someone else there has to try and pick up that mantle, depends on who is favoured for right wing.

Think that'll be it except from a goalkeeper and I'm a little bit meh about it all.

With the overall quality of the league getting stronger, are we in a better or worse position than the end of last season?

We overachieved last year and the players deserve a lot of credit for that. But now there is a certain expectation attached to this team, how will they cope?

I think we are stronger but think another midfielder who can score a few goals would not go amiss.

Our weakness was in defence. Houston has strengthened. He has replaced Alston and has Austin.

He certainly has more depth now for sure

We are awaiting Rogers decision whether he wants to come back. Someone ITK give us a clue.

If he doesn't come so be it. Loads of keepers about on loan if Houston needs one