The Falkirk FC Thread

Liam Henderson will be 20 in two months. I'm therefore dubious about the ongoing stories that he's been signed for the Under 20s, particularly when you consider our limited budget. Are there any direct quotes from the management team to support this theory? 

As for Shepherd, he's been playing well ever since he came back from Brechin. He set up a couple of goals for the first team at the end of last season and was used ahead of O Hara in a few of the playoff games. I agree that the arrival of Austin probably pushes him further down the pecking order, but if he continues his form of the last few months he won't be far away. 

Not 100% certain but I think it said on the official announcement that he was being signed for the development side in the first instance.

I think we might see shepherd get a run in the team, he is quick and direct and he works hard and tracks back, jury is still out on his level of quality but a run in the team could see him improve and he is probably the only natural right winger in the squad at the moment.

Think that'll be it except from a goalkeeper and I'm a little bit meh about it all.

With the overall quality of the league getting stronger, are we in a better or worse position than the end of last season?

We overachieved last year and the players deserve a lot of credit for that. But now there is a certain expectation attached to this team, how will they cope?

I actually think we are shaping up ok, Houstie has made 3 signings (counting Luca) which are identifying the weakest areas of our team last year, where we struggled most was no threat from RB since it wasn't muirheads natural game and giving away poor or stupid goals through the centre of the park. We still need a goalie though.

I still think we need a little bit more in midfield but I don't know enough about craigen so he could be the answer to making us stronger there.

I think we are ok up front, although Baird struggled for goals at the end of the season I think this was because he was always dropping deep to help the team out and he will get another good double figures haul for us and I also think McHugh has the ability to get double figures as well, we just need to play smarter better football and only play long, high balls when we have a man capable of winning them as at the end of the season our footy wasn't great.

We are hoping to have a limited edition fanzine for sale for the opening game of the season,all money going to Gordon's fund as the folk who the programme have generously offered to print it free of charge.The fanzine will cost £2 and we will have 500 copies for sale outside the ground.

It is shaping up to be a good read,we all remember the fanzine from Brockville and we hope it can be as good if not better than it.

Help get G home for only £2

I'll take one for £5

I'll be more than happy if we get the 2 we are after as well as not losing anyone other than Alston, would be a good close season in my eyes, however, I dare say that that there people who will still pick holes in what the "Ginger God" is doing/has done.

I'll be more than happy if we get the 2 we are after as well as not losing anyone other than Alston, would be a good close season in my eyes, however, I dare say that that there people who will still pick holes in what the "Ginger God" is doing/has done.

Yep.

A lot of people weren't too happy with the appointment of Houstie and as such just love to find a reason to give him both barrels.

For some people it is in their genes to hate a manager no matter who he is or what he does

And players no matter how well they have done for us in the past, Alston being one that springs to mind.  He has scored some big goals for us in the past, 1/4 final away v the Accies when he got both, the 2nd being a contender for "Goal of the Century" never mind Goal of the season.