The Falkirk FC Thread

Aye I'm pretty much on board with this. Although he was murder in the playoffs.

Leahy was our only player to play in every league game this season. He has been named in the SPFL team of the season. He's excellent and improving all the time.

Sibbald isn't a wide midfielder. Alston leaving might end up being a blessing in disguise if we get Sibbs through the middle.

Keeper

Proper RB who can get forward ala Leahy

Grant

Watson

Leahy

Vaulks (right of a narrow three)

Kerr

Taiwo (left of a narrow three)

Sibbald (through the middle)

Baird

McHugh

Width from the full backs. Kerr sitting covering. Vaulks and Taiwo box to box. Baird and McHugh working the channels.

Quite like the idea of that with a narrow 3 in there actually but if we are going to stick with 442 I would probably move Leahy to Left Mid where I think he would be more effective with his pace, crossing, engine and long shots.

He hasn't had it easy with Sibbs in front of him but he isn't a natural defender and can get turned pretty easily and mistimes a fair few tackles, he would do well tracking back to support a full back though so I think that and an actual RB and an additional CB would give us a strong back 4 and good cover options if someone gets injured again. 

I'd have played the diamond this season rather than the flat 4 tbh. Maybe Houston's thinking was Muirhead wasn't good enough going forward for it to work in an attacking sense.

A narrower midfield certainly suits the type of midfielders we have at the club and would allow Sibbald to play behind the strikers. I'd still like to see on bring in a wide right sided player so the team isn't imbalanced when Hippolyte playing is on the left though. 

Now the season has finished and it's been a great season to be a Bairn. How long will it take for the supposed ITK rumour mongerers to start claiming all the fantasy stories regarding who we are interested in and who is singing and more importantly who is heading for the exit door for a six figure sum.

Well done Houstie for Ladbrokes Manager of the year, glad to be proved wrong, well deserved!

Edited by bejazz1

Frees up a space for next season and someone else will step in. Hopefully they won't run the ball out of play with 80% of their touches for their first four and a half years with us.

Not only is this embarrassing from your point of view, it's also insulting to Blair Alston

Good player for us but if we're at the stage that Blair Alston is irreplaceable we'd be as well giving up.

Frees up a space for next season and someone else will step in. Hopefully they won't run the ball out of play with 80% of their touches for their first four and a half years with us.

Harsh but if people are really honest he was never the most consistent.

Has been excellent since Christmas though. Has always chipped in with crucial goals. Be missed? Not sure I am turning over in my sleep thinking we will never be able to replace him TBH.

Been a good servant but probably time for him to try a higher league. Not convinced he will make a huge impact but you never know.

Quite like the idea of that with a narrow 3 in there actually but if we are going to stick with 442 I would probably move Leahy to Left Mid where I think he would be more effective with his pace, crossing, engine and long shots.

He hasn't had it easy with Sibbs in front of him but he isn't a natural defender and can get turned pretty easily and mistimes a fair few tackles, he would do well tracking back to support a full back though so I think that and an actual RB and an additional CB would give us a strong back 4 and good cover options if someone gets injured again.

I'd rather we gave hippo a real bash at left mid as he's at least got the pace to beat a man out there. Leahys too slow as is sibbs.

Not only is this embarrassing from your point of view, it's also insulting to Blair Alston

Oh no, what have I done :(

BPM's post this morning is dead on. He had a tremendous season, particularly the latter half, but it took him a long time to find any level of consistency.

I should also say that some of our players who are "buzzing" for him on Twitter should maybe wind their necks in and congratulate him with a text. It's St Johnstone he's moved to, not Bayern Munich.

I liked Blair, Great attitude to the game, like-able character, some stonking finishes, a desire to get forward. However, some have said that hes been excellent since Christmas, I have watched him in games and at times he hasnt looked interested. labouring, often subbed, missing in games. The whole right back debacle was something else, fair enough he never asked to play there but the heart didnt seem there. 

Its hardly a Latapy loss and he is very replaceable, I think the proof will be in the pudding next year when we realise that we didnt actually need/miss him as much as we thought we would. 

All the best to him in the dizzy heights of mid table Premiership.

Oh no, what have I done :(

BPM's post this morning is dead on. He had a tremendous season, particularly the latter half, but it took him a long time to find any level of consistency.

I should also say that some of our players who are "buzzing" for him on Twitter should maybe wind their necks in and congratulate him with a text. It's St Johnstone he's moved to, not Bayern Munich.

Agreed, hardly shows unity in the dressing room for wishing people away from the club. Its like 'well done, but i want to be next' 

Getting upset over a players tweet. Not worth the energy. As long as they are not giving it the Bob Malcolm stuff I couldn't give a f**k.

Good luck to Blair. Well miss his composure in the box, as well as the odd screamer into the top corner. Hopefully we get someone in who can deliver a better dead ball.

Houstie saying in today's media that he's looking to bring in another 3 players, 2 defenders & a GK.

Not surprised tbh, James Craigen & Nathan Austin are already signed so that covers Alston going & more.

I think it'll be a CH & a RB. McCracken & Muirhead can cover CH until Peter Grant is fit & a RB will allow competition for Muirhead.