The Falkirk FC Thread

If we are lucky enough to go up players like Baird wont do unfortunately.

John Baird

Bob McHugh

Lee Miller

Nathan Austin

Kevin O'Hara

I think that group would score goals in the premiership as long as Houston was open to rotating them in and out based on form.

Nah, Bairds not good enough for the prem. He's a very good championship striker but proven to be gash in the prem.

Would keep McHugh, Miller and Austin IF!!! We went up. Would sling Baird and also sent wee O'Hara out on loan.

If we stay down we'll have a good set of strikers for a championship title challenge

Austin is untried at anything outside league 2, O'hara is a raw youngster, Miller struggles to play 90mins due to fitness and baird has proven before that he isnt up to the challenge of the Premiership. Bob also has a questionable injury record. If we go up we will need better if we are going to avoid being stuck in a relegation fight.

Sounds grim when you put it like that, although I put our chances at no more than 25% to go up.

I just think Killie will turn in a right Dr Jekyll performance in one game, most likely tonight, and we won't have enough left in the legs to overcome it.

Wouldn't surprise me, considering his relationship with the manager. I would take him in a heartbeat

Hes not the player you remember

IF and IF we go up then I would imagine Austin would be out on loan.

Miller, McHugh and Ohara to be kept and I would imagine Shepps would be in the development squad.

Baird is a funny one, he's not done well at Premiership at all but under Houstie he could do a job.

Massive tonight, can't be won tonight but it can be lost.

Coyb

Hold on, are Falkirk fans honestly expecting to comfortably be a top 6 side next year if they go up :huh:

Certainly not me. Would Hibs have been?

I just don't get some of the doom and gloom tonight from some of our fans.

None of us have any real idea about Kilmarnock but the media who have seen plenty of both sides say we have a real chance.

I think by half time tonight we will have decent idea about our chances.

I guarenteee if Hibs were playing Kilmarnock we would be all tipping Hibs. They beat us once in 5 this season so why our chances are being written off by some of our fans baffles me.

Edited by Back Post Misses

If we are lucky enough to go up players like Baird wont do unfortunately.

ffs. Were you one of the fannies saying Baird wasn't the answer last season as well? I'm by no means a happy clapper but the lack of support for our players even before a ball is kicked is indicative of the mouth breathers we have as fans. Honestly, I cringe when reading some of the stuff put up here.

Don't give Baird a chance or you'll firmly be trying your best not to be cut adrift by January when you then decide to bring in a replacement.

If you come up, you'll need to build your team around your Vaulks, Grant, Alston etc.

You'll need a complete clear out of your 'steady eddies' such as McCracken, Kerr, Miller and Baird.

It'll be a tougher job than you're probably envisaging, I've no doubts if you come up you've got the manager to do the business though.