The Falkirk FC Thread

Another feck up allowing season ticket holders 4 each.

Correct. How hard is it?

One ticket per season ticket for a day before general sale for both games?

They weren't taking a note of ST holders or anything so conceivably people could have used to one season ticket to buy as many tickets as they liked.

Unbelievable demand though. I've never known anything like it.

I suppose it's near cup final level demand we're talking about with far fewer tickets available.

Edited by Hughsie

All this excitement and at the end of it qualifies the winner to play showtime games away to Hamilton accies,Ross county and inversneckie amongst others.Oh the big time.

There there...

All this excitement and at the end of it qualifies the winner to play showtime games away to Hamilton accies,Ross county and inversneckie amongst others.Oh the big time.

If it wasnt for the money side of things youd be right. Around about 1mill guaranteed for coming 12th in the top flight compared to 400k for 2nd in the champ. To move your club on you have to be in the top flight unfortunately.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

One thing that slightly worries me is that Houston has signed up nearly an entire squad of first division players and we'd be immediate relegation favourites if we go up.

I think we'd need a new goalie, a centre half and a centre mid for sure. Guys like Muirhead (at RB), Leahy, Grant, Vaulks, Sibbs and Alston (if re-signed) could hold their own in the premier league and I think we could squeeze a decent amount of goals out of our group of strikers if we were smart enough to rotate them based on form, but McCracken should be given his marching orders and we'd need to bring in competition for Paul Watson at the back and for Taiwo/Kerr in the middle of the park.

One thing that slightly worries me is that Houston has signed up nearly an entire squad of first division players and we'd be immediate relegation favourites if we go up.

I think we'd need a new goalie, a centre half and a centre mid for sure. Guys like Muirhead (at RB), Leahy, Grant, Vaulks, Sibbs and Alston (if re-signed) could hold their own in the premier league and I think we could squeeze a decent amount of goals out of our group of strikers if we were smart enough to rotate them based on form, but McCracken should be given his marching orders and we'd need to bring in competition for Paul Watson at the back and for Taiwo/Kerr in the middle of the park.

McCracken probably knows himself. But 'given his marching orders'? Not the done thing at the club, he's a great character too - could he stay in a coaching capacity?

Around squad for next season. Austin is unproven at both Championship and Premiership levels so would be interesting to see how he looks pre-season. We'll get a few goals from McHugh, Baird and Miller but I might be tempted to look for a marquee style signing up front. Want to make sure we can balance O'Haras development and rotate the others. Would like to see O'Hara getting off the bench more often though.

Mixed reports about the lad Craigen from Raith. Seems he'll be a wide player. Have to admit he's not looked great against us this season from what I can recall. Midfield otherwise is pretty well served unless anyone leaves. Vaulks, Taiwo, Kerr, Alston and Sibbs all viable in the middle. Hippo probably be better with a preseason with us but might be an idea to bring in another winger who can maybe play left and right.

Defence is where we really need to strengthen and get depth. If Grant isn't back till September we could do with a centre half with decent experience and importantly pace. I'd rather see Muirhead, Watson, Grant and the new CH fighting for the two CH slots. Muirheads done very well at RB as the seasons gone on but would be good to see that position getting filled it's been a pain area for years now. Think the lad Gallagher is a LB? If so I'd keep Leahy in there and him as backup.

Anyone any suggestions about u20 players who could be next ones coming through?

Anyone else think the playoff final should just be a 1 off match at a neutral venue? The fact that every year there is fixture congestion and people missing out on tickets, surely we should follow the English leagues example of showcasing it at a bigger stadium and make it a proper final

Anyone else think the playoff final should just be a 1 off match at a neutral venue? The fact that every year there is fixture congestion and people missing out on tickets, surely we should follow the English leagues example of showcasing it at a bigger stadium and make it a proper final

Yip 1 game shootout