The Falkirk FC Thread

Speaking of former Bairns, I was thinking about Scott Arfield whilst watching the Hibs game today. The boy McGinn came on and it was mentioned he's in line for a scotland call up. Surely Arfield is further up the pecking order, fair enough there has possibly been better players keeping him out of previous squads but surely he can't be left out again when we are including a player who plays against part timers most weeks.

No wonder he's talking about switching allegiance to Canada

Come On Ye Bairns

If McGinn is called up it'll be because he's seen as one for the future and to get him used to being around the squad. I doubt he'll play.

There's no denying McGinn has talent and def is 1 for the future but it's hard not to feel sorry for Arfield. Be good if they are both in the squad.

Should have said a league with part time teams and not most weeks

Come On Ye Bairns

I think we need to go out and sign a left sided centre half now. With McG out, that hopefully puts to bed the Vaulks to CH option, allowing him to play in his best position of midfield

Keeping continuity in defence is key I suppose but signing another centre half will give us best possible chance come play offs

I think we need to go out and sign a left sided centre half now.

that's one option, another is to bring in a young right back and move Muirhead into center half permanently. McCann could tough it out with a new boy for the starting spot and we would have 4 pretty decent CBs to choose from.

I think we need to go out and sign a left sided centre half now. With McG out, that hopefully puts to bed the Vaulks to CH option, allowing him to play in his best position of midfield

Keeping continuity in defence is key I suppose but signing another centre half will give us best possible chance come play offs

100% agree. Go and get McKenna on loan from Aberdeen. He was at Alloa for a month and was excellent against us.

that's one option, another is to bring in a young right back and move Muirhead into center half permanently. McCann could tough it out with a new boy for the starting spot and we would have 4 pretty decent CBs to choose from.

He is not left sided either.

There's no denying McGinn has talent and def is 1 for the future but it's hard not to feel sorry for Arfield. Be good if they are both in the squad.

Should have said a league with part time teams and not most weeks

Come On Ye Bairns

Why? Arfield isn't good enough to play for Scotland, we've got far better options out on the left where Arfield plays for Burnley and we're inundated with centre mids. If McGinn gets called up he'll be getting called up because he has the potential to get better and become an international level footballer, something Arfield won't ever be.

Why? Arfield isn't good enough to play for Scotland, we've got far better options out on the left where Arfield plays for Burnley and we're inundated with centre mids. If McGinn gets called up he'll be getting called up because he has the potential to get better and become an international level footballer, something Arfield won't ever be.

You need to stop getting so worked up about Arfield, neebur. You're very lucky to have been alive at this time to see him in the flesh, future generations won't have been so fortunate. Just enjoy him whilst he's still here.

Up the Arfield.

arfield-solo-cele113-1376049.jpg

post-1543-0-09513900-1456167663_thumb.jp

Is that really a big deal? Ferdinand and Vidic were both right footed. I sincerely doubt we would turn down a great player because he was a right sided center half and we already had one. Honestly scratching my head over here :huh:

I think it is highly beneficial to have the balance. Toon Bairn is spot on. McCracken can play there but he is done IMO.

With respect we are not talking Man Utd level players here.

That Cup Semi/European play off pumping really does still grind your gears, doesn't it?

Feckin glorious!

You need to stop getting so worked up about Arfield, neebur. You're very lucky to have been alive at this time to see him in the flesh, future generations won't have been so fortunate. Just enjoy him whilst he's still here.

Up the Arfield.

arfield-solo-cele113-1376049.jpg

Supporting Scotland is shite enough at the best of times without giving bang average players caps just for the sake of it.

That Cup Semi/European play off pumping really does still grind your gears, doesn't it?

Feckin glorious!

Not in the slightest, getting beat in the semi is far, far easier to deal with than getting beat in a final.

As for Europe :lol:

Edited by Grant228