The Falkirk FC Thread

Debut at 16 coming on as a sub then sent off against Stirling Albion IIRC. Think he then got first team slot at age 17.

Cheers for that.

I Suppose the difference is that we had no real choice but to play Kingsley from that age, Gallacher certainly seems to have more potential at this stage but it was the first team experience Kingsley got that made him into the player he was IMO.

Don't agree with that in terms of what a full back needs to be nowadays.

More and more in today's game the full backs provide the width in the game. You just need to look at Rangers, both their full backs are way better going forward than defending. I bet your bottom dollar Rangers fans are more than happy with them.

Depends how you want to play. Both tavernier and Wallace play like wing backs, which is great for rangers as the majority of the time they will be against teams who are sitting in trying to not concede. We aren't like that. We need a pair of fullbacks who can defend first. That's the main priority, they are defenders after all. Then they can attack.

Leahy can attack really well. But not so much when it comes to defending. Hence why he is replaceable at Left back. If he was a left winger it would be a different story. I wonder how many times this season we wouldn't dropped points with two experienced full backs in to help defend in the last ten minutes of a game.

Depends how you want to play. Both tavernier and Wallace play like wing backs, which is great for rangers as the majority of the time they will be against teams who are sitting in trying to not concede. We aren't like that. We need a pair of fullbacks who can defend first. That's the main priority, they are defenders after all. Then they can attack.

Leahy can attack really well. But not so much when it comes to defending. Hence why he is replaceable at Left back. If he was a left winger it would be a different story. I wonder how many times this season we wouldn't dropped points with two experienced full backs in to help defend in the last ten minutes of a game.

We do play without width though, that is the role of our full backs

Fantastic news with Luke signing an extension really didn't think we'd be keeping him.

Really don't understand the criticism of him on the last few pages either. He's great at getting forward from left back and is still IMO improving defensively all the time.

And Tam Scobbie better left back than Leahy? Horrendous shout.

I wonder how Luke would do playing left side of midfield now. He's certainly improved as a player getting regular game time at left back but with left mid being his natural position when we signed him and the youngster Gallagher coming through, I think this could be a worth a look especially when the playoff spot becomes assured.

Come On Ye Bairns

I wonder how Luke would do playing left side of midfield now. He's certainly improved as a player getting regular game time at left back but with left mid being his natural position when we signed him and the youngster Gallagher coming through, I think this could be a worth a look especially when the playoff spot becomes assured.

Come On Ye Bairns

He faded in and out of games badly when he played on the wing, I think he had a problem with finding space. I much prefer him at fullback and couldn't see him beating sibbs to the left wing spot.

Leahy is a good player going forward (could have scored against Hibs and Livi recently as well) and also good when he had a winger running at him. His timing of the tackle is particularly good. His problem is when he has someone to mark in the box. So often when a cross comes in from the right, he simply isn't picking up his man at the back post.

I saw him in the preseason game at Athlone and against Fraserborough in the cup. Hopefully he'll be ready for next season, already looks a good player.

I suspect he's older than Kingsley but then he was chucked in far too soon, I remember him getting a torrid time at Dens and a few other places during his first few months in the team.

That's it in a nutshell for me. I think he defends pretty well for a midfielder being played at left back, he does lose his man at times though.

Would like to see him in a proper wing back role with 3 at the back.

Edit to say that I think his form started to dip a bit when the speculation about signing the new contract started, will be interesting to see if he gets back to his best game now that the situation has been settled?

Edited by ShaggerG

Fantastic news with Luke signing an extension really didn't think we'd be keeping him.

Really don't understand the criticism of him on the last few pages either. He's great at getting forward from left back and is still IMO improving defensively all the time.

And Tam Scobbie better left back than Leahy? Horrendous shout.

This entirely. We've had a bad few results and the negativity starts to trickle in and start talking nonsense. Solid player at this level and getting better defensively. For those who aren't that bothered about him leaving, who would you replace him with?

This entirely. We've had a bad few results and the negativity starts to trickle in and start talking nonsense. Solid player at this level and getting better defensively. For those who aren't that bothered about him leaving, who would you replace him with?

Bad results ?

Defeat away to dens park, defeat at Ibrox and draw at home to Raith, two defeats that were perhaps under the reverse of our tales in expect the expected and against Raith we shot ourselves in the foot.

The next few weeks will tell if the urgency is not there as I feel it was latter stages if Raith game, 3 losses n the league and one unlucky one and two questionable ones in refs..... I Think we are a bit away from bad results just now....tho that may change soon