Guilty Pleasures

p&b is a disgrace

I'm sitting watching Kate Bush at the BBC - absolute class.

It was indeed. It was Kate Bush night on BBC4, the documentary Running Up That Hill: The Kate Bush Story was on before it. Thoroughly enjoyed them and definitely not a guilty pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...

I quite like this song. In fact, I quite like Nicki Minaj in general.

I normally don't think most of the songs which get derided as being "typical modern-day nonsense" are worthy of the criticism. Unless you're dead inside, most big hit songs from the last 10 years have been quite catchy. However, that song is genuinely fucking awful ITPO. Terrible, terrible shite in every way.

Just proudly downloaded 'I'm with you' by Avril Lavigne.

Good shout. Gr8 song m8.

I'll tell you what could've been a great tune is that song Fancy by Iggy Azalea. I was at a party inside a theatre recently and whoever the DJ was put that on over the speakers, everyone there went off their collective tits at the wee beat at the start. The problem for me is that Iggy Azalea is just so awful. I wince hearing her rap in that black 'Murican accent even though she's a white Aussie.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Was going to start this thread if it didn’t exist, but happy to bump it and add my entry.

On the several occasions in my life that I’ve been asked to describe my ideal woman, I’ve always wanted to add “... and the singing voice of Tina Charles”, but have been too afraid of the anticipated judgemental looks. 
However, on an anonymous internet forum, I am happy to admit that, in those quiet moments alone, I still delight in the voice of this angel. 

2 hours ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Was going to start this thread if it didn’t exist, but happy to bump it and add my entry.

On the several occasions in my life that I’ve been asked to describe my ideal woman, I’ve always wanted to add “... and the singing voice of Tina Charles”, but have been too afraid of the anticipated judgemental looks. 
However, on an anonymous internet forum, I am happy to admit that, in those quiet moments alone, I still delight in the voice of this angel. 

This song was part of my spotty youth in 1976   

• 3 weeks later...