Bobby Mann

Neil McVitie

Stuart Smith

Colin Robertson

Ross Bremner

Stuart Soane

Ross Campbell

Michael McGinlay

Great things are expected from Pele's squad with one bookie installing Formartine as 2nd favourites for the league. Although I would expect us to do much better than last season I doubt that we will do as well as that.

It's one thing to buy decent players, but that does not guarantee that the team of individuals will gel. Besides there are quite a few decent sides in what is a competitive league. On their day any side is capable of taking points off anyone else. I'm looking forward to the new season though.

cool.gif

Surprised at McVitie stepping down to Highland League always thought he looked a decent player at Peterhead in the 2nd division and would have thought that another 2nd division side would have signed him.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of Term Report Cards 2010-2011: Formartine UnitedprintButton.png

Now we head from Christie Park to North Lodge Park, following the route taken by the next manager to look back over his side's campaign, Steve Paterson.Managers Summary:

It was always going to be difficult when you come in with a couple of months to go. The team was going through a difficult run and I told them that I wasn't happy with the performances and was going to do something about that. I was charge of ten games and we got three wins, one draw and six defeats which shows that it was difficult to motivate the group. The players had the opportunity to prove they had a future at club but it was a downwards spiral and that made it clear to me in terms of where we have to go.

Most Pleasing Factor:

The most pleasing factor is that there is a fantastic youth development set up. They have put in a great deal of time and money to create what is in place and the coaches give up so much of their time to give the kids football from 8-18. Formartine get labelled as the money team which is fair enough in terms of investing but it is also investing in youth and four or five sixteen year olds and half a dozen 18 years olds have got a good chance if they work hard in terms of developing and pushing through

Least Pleasing Factor

I like to be able to get the best out of teams and I couldn't get the best out of the players that were there and getting beat every week was frustrating. I want to get the club into a solid outfit that will be a big challenger in trophies.

Star Pupil

The fact that someone like Kaiser is there and still has got 20+ goals. Had he not be there and available he is the type I would have gone out and tried to signed. He can play as an out and out striker and score goals or he can play deeper and give drive.

Most impressive opposition team

There have been a few teams who have put in good performances. Buckie when they beat us (Formartine), well I saw a hugely different Buckie than the ones that I had beaten with Huntly. They looked galvanised

Nairn County are a good side and I look at Cove and think they will be a good challenger next term as they have a lot of talent in the team. It was 3-2 but it could have been 6-1. In general the picture is that there are no games you can go win without working really hard and putting in full effort. Brora, Wick, Clach, have all improved and in my opinion, having been involved in Highland League for 38 years off an on, is that the league has established again as a really competitive quality league. It has never been in better shape

Manager of the Year / Player of the Year

I voted for Gregg Carrol, Scott Anderson and Kris Hunter for all different reasons and there are probably other good managers like Les Fridge who was definitely a shout. As well as the general standard of the league being good there are also a helluva lot of good managers.

Obviously playerwise Cammy Keith scored a barrowload and I saw a couple of great young players at Clach the boys Leslie and Urquhart were different class. There are some great talents at Brora and an awful lot of guys that have a good future possibly at a higher level

Transfer Plans

Obviously I have brought in eight players so far and I targeted ten in total. Kyle MacAulay is another one that we hope to get in and I am pretty happy with how everything has come together. Obviously there are some targets we were after that we didn't get but that allowed me to take a different approach, a younger approach which will possibly benefit the club in the longer term.

• 1 month later...

seems all is not going well at fufc yet hope we thump them when they visit seafield park

Hey. Lets not be to hastie here. We have only played 2 games. The 1st was a convincing 0-3 victory over fast improving Brora Rangers. The 2nd game was against last seasons runners up. Vale are still a very decent side who I'm sure will win more than they lose. Once McGinlay and Soane are back from injury I'm confident that we too will win more than we lose. smile.gif

Hey. Lets not be to hastie here. We have only played 2 games. The 1st was a convincing 0-3 victory over fast improving Brora Rangers. The 2nd game was against last seasons runners up. Vale are still a very decent side who I'm sure will win more than they lose. Once McGinlay and Soane are back from injury I'm confident that we too will win more than we lose. smile.gif

Aye. Could be a slippery one at the fast improving Strathy Jags. :lol:

laugh all you like, write us off at your peril

Have Strathspey improved this season?

Serious question, as I watched them against Cove last season and they were the worst side I have ever seen live at a football match.

Have Strathspey improved this season?

Serious question, as I watched them against Cove last season and they were the worst side I have ever seen live at a football match.

The answer is NO and I'm sure your views will remain unchanged this season.

• 4 years later...

Archived