Formartine Utd

HMFC-1874

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like he could be a good signing for us? We need competition for places. His experience could be a real asset, but I'm not sure how it will work with him having to travel that kind of distance?

Sounds like he could be a good signing for us? We need competition for places. His experience could be a real asset, but I'm not sure how it will work with him having to travel that kind of distance?

Dinnae get too excited - nice fella, but "soapy" didna really inspire much confidence at County. Always 2nd choice behind Bullock who (strangely) he followed to Dens.

Best of luck to him tho. Whats his "day-job" ?

Dinnae get too excited - nice fella, but "soapy" didna really inspire much confidence at County. Always 2nd choice behind Bullock who (strangely) he followed to Dens.

Best of luck to him tho. Whats his "day-job" ?

No disrespect, but there is a big difference in quality of the Highland League to the Scottish First Division. This is one hell of a signing for Fortmarine and the only reason Soutar was second choice at County was because Bully was in the form of his life and is regularly hailed as one of County's best ever keepers.

No disrespect, but there is a big difference in quality of the Highland League to the Scottish First Division. This is one hell of a signing for Fortmarine and the only reason Soutar was second choice at County was because Bully was in the form of his life and is regularly hailed as one of County's best ever keepers.

I seem to remember him playing a blinder during a particular game for Dundee (against who, I cant remember) when both Douglas and Bullock were out injured? and Soapy getting a lot of plaudits from the Dens faithful. Was there a reason, other than Dundee having a keeper overload, that he couldnt hold down a regular start?

Dont get me wrong BTW, the guy is a total professional and well done to Formartine.

TBH County would struggle in the HFL at the moment!!

I seem to remember him playing a blinder during a particular game for Dundee (against who, I cant remember) when both Douglas and Bullock were out injured? and Soapy getting a lot of plaudits from the Dens faithful. Was there a reason, other than Dundee having a keeper overload, that he couldnt hold down a regular start?

Dont get me wrong BTW, the guy is a total professional and well done to Formartine.

TBH County would struggle in the HFL at the moment!!

maybe because he wast not that good at that level, he has never been first choice wherever he has played

Is it Formartine that has the "robo groundsman"? The guy with a hook for a hand that attaches onto the Pitchfork which makes it look like an extension of his body :lol:

He was there before they got into the league but he wasn't about when Lossie were through last season, an absence which earned me pelters for getting everyones hopes up only for them to be dashed. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Am aiming to go to the Formartine v Lossie game on Saturday. What are folks views on the prospects for the weather, the game etc .. any thoughts ?

I think that the chances of this going ahead are pretty good. Are you travelling from far? Might be an idea to check with http://www.ngrfoundation.co.uk before leaving. Our pitch is quite heavy just now and won't be able to take much rain.

They are a pretty friendly bunch at North Lodge. If you want some company a few of us use the Eddie Edmund stand. In any case, enjoy the game. I can recommend the steak pies. thumbup2.gif

I think that the chances of this going ahead are pretty good. Are you travelling from far? Might be an idea to check with http://www.ngrfoundation.co.uk before leaving. Our pitch is quite heavy just now and won't be able to take much rain.

They are a pretty friendly bunch at North Lodge. If you want some company a few of us use the Eddie Edmund stand. In any case, enjoy the game. I can recommend the steak pies. thumbup2.gif

Got a bit of a journey but will up that way anyway. If the game was off would hope to go to one of the junior games in the area as back-up. Will check out the steak pies for sure !! Thanks for the info.

• 2 months later...

Bobby Mann teaming up with 'Pele' again.

What a signing! Bobby will stroll this league and I wouldn,t bet against Pele lifting the title next season.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a list of Formartine's current pre season signings

Bobby Mann

Neil McVitie

Stuart Smith

Colin Robertson

Ross Bremner

Stuart Soane

Ross Campbell

Michael McGinlay

Great things are expected from Pele's squad with one bookie installing Formartine as 2nd favourites for the league. Although I would expect us to do much better than last season I doubt that we will do as well as that.

It's one thing to buy decent players, but that does not guarantee that the team of individuals will gel. Besides there are quite a few decent sides in what is a competitive league. On their day any side is capable of taking points off anyone else. I'm looking forward to the new season though.

cool.gif

Archived