Formartine Utd

HMFC-1874

Utd have just signed Mark Smith (Rusty) from Deveronvale for an undisclosed fee. He signed a 3 and a half year contract. The midfielder has scored 21 goals for Vale this season and has been impressed by what he has seen and been told by the North Lodge Park club. Clearly he is impressed by the ambition of the club.

cool.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utd have just signed John Smith (Rusty) from Deveronvale for an undisclosed fee. He signed a 3 and a half year contract. The midfielder has scored 21 goals for Vale this season and has been impressed by what he has seen and been told by the North Lodge Park club. Clearly he is impressed by the ambition of the club.

cool.gif

When did rusty change his name from mark to john?

I dont get the abuse formartine get to be honest, they don't seem to be liked over on that fitba north site. They have the makings of a title contending side from what I've seen, just need a little bit more consistency. They fucking owned the Loco's last year too :D

I dont get the abuse formartine get to be honest, they don't seem to be liked over on that fitba north site. They have the makings of a title contending side from what I've seen, just need a little bit more consistency. They fucking owned the Loco's last year too :D

unless your in the "clique" or a lossie fan,no-one else is liked on fitbanorth

I was told that there might be a slight recentment (or worry) from the established clubs in the SHFL (from the north) that there are to many shire clubs coming into the league. However any fans I've spoken to from other clubs have all said that the league in better with the new clubs.

I dont get the abuse formartine get to be honest, they don't seem to be liked over on that fitba north site. They have the makings of a title contending side from what I've seen, just need a little bit more consistency. They fucking owned the Loco's last year too biggrin.gif

It was good doing the double on Locos (and with plenty to spare too). However we are still some way off from winning the league. There are quite a few clubs that are much better than us.

It was good doing the double on Locos (and with plenty to spare too). However we are still some way off from winning the league. There are quite a few clubs that are much better than us.

I dont get to North Lodge often due to the Rovers, but since the bird stays in Pitmedden I try to get along whenver Ive got a free Saturday /evening. Almost every time I have seen Formartine they havent managed to capatilise on pressure. I saw them against Keith a couple of months back, and the possesion/chances they had was unreal. Yet they lost!

Certainly a couple of decent players though, the guy Mackay I remember being a particular pest against the Rovers whilst with Peterhead - he seems a decent enough catch. I would certainly like to see Formartine do well, the club do have ambition thats for sure. Crowds are decent too from what I can remember - baring in mind that Pitmedden is pretty tiny - certainly as good as Cove et al.

I also make a point of standing right behind the dugout, Gardiners shouts are hilarious!

Good to hear that your enjoying the fitba at North Lodge Park Calderon. I'm sure it could make an acceptable 2nd home for you. There should be plenty of midweek games coming up to help clear the fixture back log.

This season we are missing Barry Somers who waded in with a barrow load of goals. And although it hasn't really been said I think we are missing Kenny Coulls influence. 'Couller' was great at steadying the ship in his role as Capt before he left to manage Locos. Strangely our away form has been much better than at home so far

Anyway win or lose the fitba is usually good. cool.gif

any team that doesnt start with L gets it tight there

It's run by a pair of idiots. There does seem to be a clique on there. What makes me laugh is anyone that signs up as a Deveronvale fan and has a dig at anything with there first post is removed straight away. It's a very pro Buckie Thistle anti Deveronvale board aswell. About half a dozen of my mates have been blocked from using the board all because they share a different view. If you don't hud in with the Stalker and Loony or disagree with there opinion your not one of the gang it's as simple as that. Seems to be a Buckie/Lossie love in aswell which has been the case for the last five years. gay Loco...Trude...Sash and FB are about the only decent posters on it and alot of them are well worth the watching. Alot of backstabbing goes on behind the scenes...tin can...the bovrilmarsbar....the Cove Biter....Buckiejagsman(where's my camera gone)...lossie loony...stalker.....AJ....Number 8....Jags Fan...Jags Exile and many more Buckie Thistle fans on that forum are one big Clique. I just enjoy reading the posts and having a wee giggle to myself. I sometimes wonder if they like themselves half of the time.

Utd have just signed John Smith (Rusty) from Deveronvale for an undisclosed fee. He signed a 3 and a half year contract. The midfielder has scored 21 goals for Vale this season and has been impressed by what he has seen and been told by the North Lodge Park club. Clearly he is impressed by the ambition of the club.

cool.gif

Not sure if he's impressed with Formartines ambition, he's probably more impressed with the bigger wage he will be picking up.

All the best Rusty.

P.S He will probably be back at PRP in 3 years time and we will get him on a free transfer.

Mon the Vale!

Not sure if he's impressed with Formartines ambition, he's probably more impressed with the bigger wage he will be picking up.

All the best Rusty.

P.S He will probably be back at PRP in 3 years time and we will get him on a free transfer.

Mon the Vale!

I'm not sure either. I was just saying what was reported. I'm not sure if Rusty is getting more money either as that wasn't disclosed? However I do know that the club are ambitious. I guess that's part of the reason that Utd were given the nod to join the league? Who wants teams who are there just to make up the numbers?

I recently joined F.N and haven't been banned yet? Seems ok so far?

It's run by a pair of idiots. There does seem to be a clique on there. What makes me laugh is anyone that signs up as a Deveronvale fan and has a dig at anything with there first post is removed straight away. It's a very pro Buckie Thistle anti Deveronvale board aswell. About half a dozen of my mates have been blocked from using the board all because they share a different view. If you don't hud in with the Stalker and Loony or disagree with there opinion your not one of the gang it's as simple as that. Seems to be a Buckie/Lossie love in aswell which has been the case for the last five years. gay Loco...Trude...Sash and FB are about the only decent posters on it and alot of them are well worth the watching. Alot of backstabbing goes on behind the scenes...tin can...the bovrilmarsbar....the Cove Biter....Buckiejagsman(where's my camera gone)...lossie loony...stalker.....AJ....Number 8....Jags Fan...Jags Exile and many more Buckie Thistle fans on that forum are one big Clique. I just enjoy reading the posts and having a wee giggle to myself. I sometimes wonder if they like themselves half of the time.

I can guarantee nae all the Buckie fans are in the clique

FORMARTINE United have signed former Aberdeen, Dundee and Ross County goalkeeper Derek Soutar on a three-year contract.

The 29-year-old signed for his hometown club Dundee in 1998 and, after eight seasons at Dens, joined Aberdeen, making 13 Dons appearances.

Soutar was released by the Dons at the end of the 2007/08 season and joined Ross County.

After 13 appearances for the First Division side he went back to Dundee for a second time during the 2009/10 season before joining Cypriot First Division club APEP for a short spell before returning home to Monifieth in November.

Formartine manager John Gardiner is delighted to have signed Soutar, who was capped 11 times at under-21 level.

Gardiner said: “We couldn’t have asked for anything better than a former full-time professional goalkeeper who has played at the highest levels. Derek’s signing is another step in the direction we want to go.

“He will travel from his home in Monifieth once a week to train with his new team-mates. Derek knows he will have to fight for the number one jersey, but he is prepared to do it.

“Our regular number one Stewart Gray has only recently signed a new two-year contract.”

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2075023

Archived