Chris Hughton...

CM.

I know they've been on the end of a few humpings, but very few newly-promoted teams get away with no humpings on a return to the top flight.

I really do think this is a scandal though. He's got them into 11th position after gaining promotion ffs! I hope they get relegated now. That would teach the board (and that fat shite of an owner) a lesson.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is an absolute disgrace.

I agree, Hughton has done well at Newcastle. Won The Championship convincingly last year and has them mid-table at the moment, including wins away at Arsenal and Everton.

Newcastle strike me as a club that expects far too much, and when they don't get everything going their way they panic; some of the buys they've made over the past decade or so have been embarrassing. The wasted money meaning they were paying half a dozen players £50,000 a week in The Championship. Funded largely by die-hard fans, too, which always seems a shame; they'll pay £40 a ticket regardless of results.

Here's hoping they end up back in the Championship.

I'd love to see them do well, for the core of the support that goes along each week; Newcastle are a big club. The Premiership has far too many small teams that don't create any atmosphere...

What an asbolutely abysmal decision.

What he has done at that club has been exceptional. I hope they go down now which is every possibility as they have one of the worst squads but the manager seemed to have them united and playing for one another.

Can only echo what everyone else has said other than it's an absolutely disgraceful decision. I don't really care about Newcastle as a club but feel sorry for their players and fans when they have a tit like Ashley owning them.

Martin O'Neill currently the 4/1 favourite to take over.

Mike Ashley = Moron

Stupid decision. What has Hughton actually done wrong? Looked like he was taking them in the right direction and done a fantastic job last season then carrying it on this season :angry:

It's a shame for Hughton, but don't see how people can say it's a terrible decision without knowing who they are going to bring in. If they manage to get Martin O'Neil, for example, it will have been a great decision. If they end up with Joe Kinnear or a similar muppet like him then fair enough it will have been a shocker.

It's a shame for Hughton, but don't see how people can say it's a terrible decision without knowing who they are going to bring in. If they manage to get Martin O'Neil, for example, it will have been a great decision. If they end up with Joe Kinnear or a similar muppet like him then fair enough it will have been a shocker.

O'Neill walked out of his last job because of lack of funds so why would he go there?

Nonsense. You don't sack a manager who is doing well because you have someone who is 'better' on paper ready to come in. O'neil could come in and do awful, Kinnear could come in and do well (highly unlikely mind).

A great decision if O'Neil comes in? What absolute horse shit.

What would O'Neil guarentee Newcastle exactly apart from walking out when the cash isn't there?

O'Neill walked out of his last job because of lack of funds so why would he go there?

He walked out his last job because he had taken Villa as far as he could without significant investment. I'm pretty sure Villa were in a similar position when he went there as Newcastle are now. Plus he wont be getting any better jobs soon.

Anyway, I never said he would want it, my point is that it's stupid to say it's a bad decision if you don't know who is going to come in.

A great decision if O'Neil comes in? What absolute horse shit.

What would O'Neil guarentee Newcastle exactly apart from walking out when the cash isn't there?

Villa were a big, underachieving club when O'Neil went there, he was given a fair wad of cash and got them to 5/6th in the league. I don't have much doubt he would do the same at Newcastle given the time and money. If they don't have that money to spend on players, or a top manager, then as I said it will have been a stupid decision to sack Hughton.

He walked out his last job because he had taken Villa as far as he could without significant investment. I'm pretty sure Villa were in a similar position when he went there as Newcastle are now. Plus he wont be getting any better jobs soon.

Anyway, I never said he would want it, my point is that it's stupid to say it's a bad decision if you don't know who is going to come in.

Martin O'Neil spent a fucking barrowload at Aston Villa. And at Celtic, and probably at Leicester as well.

This "it might not be a bad decision" is bullshit. They might WELL bring in a better manager, but that doesn't make this decision any less crap. Although I suppose some people accept that a manager can do as well as Hughton has done and get sacked for it.

Archived