Chris Hughton...

CM.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only imagine that the 5.5 year duration of the contract means that it is stacked with get-out clauses for Newcastle (relegation and he'll be gone for free...). No lawyer would draft a normal Premiership manager contract that lasted that long, especially not at Newcastle!

If they rid themselves of the dross like Alan Smith and Xisco, get the likes of Gosling and Ben Arfa fit, and stop signing foreign wasters for massive amounts... they'll have more than enough to stay up this season. Further forward than that, for some reason I think Pardew will do okay.

Its been a good few years since thats happened to be fair.

His whole press conference was designed to play up to what he thinks the fans want to hear, the myth he probably believes. However, outside the big four (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool), Newcastle should be in that next group with VIlla, Everton, Spurs and the mackems.

Its been a good few years since thats happened to be fair.

Why did you include foreign? Some of their best signings have been foreign.

Yeah, in fairness they've toned that down a fair bit... but even though the likes of Colocini and Jonas are good players, for picking up over £50,000 a week in The Championship can they not be considered wasters (or wastes)!?

I was basically basing my assertion on the likes of Xisco and, from the days I remember well, the nonsense like Albert Luque and Hugo Viana. A long time ago, I know, but stick in the memory; many Premiership clubs were guilty, true, but something about the way Newcastle bought absolute duds I'd never heard of astonished me.

However, outside the big four (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool), Newcastle should be in that next group with VIlla, Everton, Spurs and the mackems.

The never-ending delusion is incredible! :lol:

Ashley is a fcuking genius to con so many so easily. Then again, it must be like shooting fish in a barrel. Either way, I'm starting to admire him!

Im going down to the game tomorrow, my first of the season.

Sadly i bought the tickets two weeks ago otherwise i would not be anywhere near the place.

Think the atmosphere and chants are going to be great though.

Pardew, Ashley and Llambais can GTF

However, outside the big four (Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool), Newcastle should be in that next group with VIlla, Everton, Spurs and the mackems.

And Ayr United should be in the SPL, if you base your judgement solely on ground capacity and potential catchment area.

...Actually, no; even then West Ham, Birmingham and Citeh would be well above Newcastle. So why on Earth "should" Newcastle be up there? Because they were featured in the first "Goal" film?

And Ayr United should be in the SPL, if you base your judgement solely on ground capacity and potential catchment area.

...Actually, no; even then West Ham, Birmingham and Citeh would be well above Newcastle. So why on Earth "should" Newcastle be up there? Because they were featured in the first "Goal" film?

You're forgetting Notts Forest, the Bristols, Leeds, Leicester, Hull, Derby, Plymouth, West Brom, Coventry, Sheffield, Southampton, Reading, Northampton, Luton, Preston, Wolves, ...... all of which have larger or similar populations, and most of which have as big a football history as Newcastle.

I don't. I base it on a number of things. I should have put City in that group too but forgot about them.

You obviously don't have a grasp on reality if you think City would be "well above" Newcastle, with their less trophies, also in the distant past.

The fact remains, if you have the turnover that Newcastle do, we should be doing far better than what we have in recent years, certainly the past 5. Mismanagement has meant that Newcastle have failed.

You're forgetting Notts Forest, the Bristols, Leeds, Leicester, Hull, Derby, Plymouth, West Brom, Coventry, Sheffield, Southampton, Reading, Northampton, Luton, Preston, Wolves, ...... all of which have larger or similar populations, and most of which have as big a football history as Newcastle.

Every single one of them with a domestic record worse than Newcastle, with fewer fans.

Can't believe im even getting involve in a 'big club' argument with a bunch of mongs. It has to be the shittest of all football debates.

Every single one of them with a domestic record worse than Newcastle, with fewer fans.

Can't believe im even getting involve in a 'big club' argument with a bunch of mongs. It has to be the shittest of all football debates.

Probably better not to make a complete cuunt of yourself then, eh?

Anyway, enjoy your delusion :lol:

I don't. I base it on a number of things. I should have put City in that group too but forgot about them.

You obviously don't have a grasp on reality if you think City would be "well above" Newcastle, with their less trophies, also in the distant past.

The fact remains, if you have the turnover that Newcastle do, we should be doing far better than what we have in recent years, certainly the past 5. Mismanagement has meant that Newcastle have failed.

Good enough to put you in the same bracket as Spurs? Hardly.

Newcastle don't 'deserve' to be anywhere. How can BerwickMad criticise this debate when he incited it in the first place with his ridiculous statements?

The 'big club' thing is the biggest load of pish going.

Newcastle don't 'deserve' to be anywhere. How can BerwickMad criticise this debate when he incited it in the first place with his ridiculous statements?

The 'big club' thing is the biggest load of pish going.

What? I didn't say they deserve to be anywhere. Everyone deserves to be in their current position.

What was my ridiculous statement? I agree it is the biggest pish going, however its obvious their are 4 clubs bigger than the rest, then a group of similar sized clubs behind them. Quite a big group. Im amazed anyone thinks otherwise.

Archived