Defunct Clubs

shugstero

ammm.... Brechin Matrix.... stobswell... Dundee osbourne, Perth Celtic... Fochabers, Bankfoot Athletic, Bishopmill United

Im apologyze if i repeat some one

post-12982-0-02027600-1412801368.jpg

fookin' 'ell Sharon they named a team after me?!

I can remember watching Crombiie Sports at the rather tight Grandholm Park in Aberdeen in 1991. I don't think they lasted too long after that.

I'm simply going by the document that was posted earlier on in the thread - which is rather interesting in my opinion! It has Larkhall Thistle down as forming in 1878 - but as has been mentioned it must be very difficult to know who are technically the oldest junior club, with many clubs forming through amalgamations with other clubs, some playing amateur/ juvenile/ senior before playing junior and in some cases (as is the case with St Anthony's mentioned above) simply information that has been passed down through the years as fact can sometimes not actually be the case....

We were formed in 1878 so were lugar boswell.

Arthurlie founded 1874, East Craigie 1880

The Arthurlie thing of being founded in 1874 thus being the oldest junior club is not right. They were formed in 1874 as a senior side, a new club junior side of the same name were formed in the early 1930's . That's what i have always been told about arthurlie.

Edited by RobRoyGuy

I had a recent debate with a mate of mine who is on the committee at Dunipace about the year they were formed .As long as I can remember Dunipace have stated that the they were formed in 1888,while researching into the history of Denny Hibs,a lot interesting stuff was thrown up.There was a Dunipace team competing in the senior Scottish cup from 1877,they were founding members of the Stirlingshire FA.Everything I have read from the period before and after 1888 points to the 1877 club and todays Dunipace fc being the same club.

Only ever remember Bridgeton Waverley playing at Carntyne stadium, also a dog racing track. Where did they play befrore this?

This was covered in another thread a few weeks back. Somebody had found an aerial photo that showed how close together the grounds of Strathclyde, Parkhead and Bridgeton Waverley were. The answer is just across the street from where Parkhead Juniors played and further away from Bridgeton than Strathclyde Juniors' ground. Hard to believe that one of the three couldn't have survived even allowing for all the redevelopment that happened.

This was covered in another thread a few weeks back. Somebody had found an aerial photo that showed how close together the grounds of Strathclyde, Parkhead and Bridgeton Waverley were. The answer is just across the street from where Parkhead Juniors played and further away from Bridgeton than Strathclyde Juniors' ground. Hard to believe that one of the three couldn't have survived even allowing for all the redevelopment that happened.

That was me that posted it, I'll have a look for it later.

We were formed in 1878 so were lugar boswell.

The Arthurlie thing of being founded in 1874 thus being the oldest junior club is not right. They were formed in 1874 as a senior side, a new club junior side of the same name were formed in the early 1930's . That's what i have always been told about arthurlie.

They were a league club as late as 1926, where they finished 7th in Division 2!

Another defunct club from my early years of Dundee Juniors were Arnot. I think they folded very early 60's as I remember the name but can't recall seeing the. or their name appearing in the Sporting Post, Courier or Tullygeraph (cue some old 50's joke) beyond my early football memories (60-61)

f**k off to a non junior forum you stupid c**t!

What would you know about junior fitba yer fae Dundee otherewards an irrelavance in Junior football as all teams are shite from that area.

Nice language Eednud, yer dad teach you that right before he drilled yea.

What would you know about junior fitba yer fae Dundee otherewards an irrelavance in Junior football as all teams are shite from that area.

Nice language Eednud, yer dad teach you that right before he drilled yea.

Oh f**k off you stupid tit. Football, junior or otherwise is relevant wherever it's played. Whether you're an East Craigie, Forth Wanderers, Nairn St Nininians, FC Vaduz, Stjarnan, Tromso. So The Violet, Lochee Harp, Lochee United, Tayport and Carnoustie Panmure winning or losing in Scottish Junior Cup Finals is irrelevant? If so the please really f**k off and not politely!!!' ETA before some smart shite comments one should realise some teams mentioned are not actually Scottish junior club teams as was the stupid arseholes original response!!!! Why are there so many fuckwits on this? Edited by Eednud

Oh f**k off you stupid tit. Football, junior or otherwise is relevant wherever it's played. Whether you're an East Craigie, Forth Wanderers, Nairn St Nininians, FC Vaduz, Stjarnan, Tromso. So The Violet, Lochee Harp, Lochee United, Tayport and Carnoustie Panmure winning or losing in Scottish Junior Cup Finals is irrelevant? If so the please really f**k off and not politely!!!' ETA before some smart shite comments one should realise some teams mentioned are not actually Scottish junior club teams as was the stupid arseholes original post!!!!

Thats great.

Oh f**k off you stupid tit. Football, junior or otherwise is relevant wherever it's played. Whether you're an East Craigie, Forth Wanderers, Nairn St Nininians, FC Vaduz, Stjarnan, Tromso. So The Violet, Lochee Harp, Lochee United, Tayport and Carnoustie Panmure winning or losing in Scottish Junior Cup Finals is irrelevant? If so the please really f**k off and not politely!!!' ETA before some smart shite comments one should realise some teams mentioned are not actually Scottish junior club teams as was the stupid arseholes original response!!!! Why are there so many fuckwits on this?

Hard to say mate...but you're certainly not keeping the numbers down. 8)