Defunct Clubs

shugstero

44 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

No apology required.

Thank You for your help

Ian

I asked a contact who has a great knowledge of Ardeer Thistle and he has given me the following timeline:

1951/2 to 1952/3 - Stevenston Higher Grade - School Park.

1953/4 to 1973/4 - Ardchoille Park - Opened Monday 10 Aug 1953 Rangers 2 Third Lanark 0.

1971/2 - Early games played at Abbey Park, Kilwinning due to vandalism at Ardchoille Park.

1973/4 - Most home games at Abbey Park again because of vandalism.

1977/8 to date Ardeer Stadium (formerly Recreation Park) - Opened Monday 1 Aug 1977 Kilmarnock 0  St Mirren 0.

Prior to 1977 Ardeer Thistle never played at Recreation Park other than matches v Ardeer Rec and finals & semi finals.

30 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

If it's old grounds you're into there's a book called "Forgotten: Scotland's former football League clubs" written by Robin Holmes. Has decent reviews on Amazon.

Which is 806 pages long and has ZERO photos inside.

Maybe he forgot

On 07/09/2019 at 01:40, Eednud said:

This week’s Blether With Brown in the Tele has a story that mentions  “A few years later, he stepped up to the juniors with new club Hydro Dynamo FC. When they folded a few years later, I asked him to become my No 2 at Broughty Athletic JFC, a post he accepted.”

I’ve never heard of a Hydro Dynamo in Dundee junior football. Is he getting mixed up with an amateur club?

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/blether-tayside-footballer-ian-receives-telegram-from-the-queen/

Hydro Dynamo were two season wonders in the Tayside Juniors from 1975-77.