The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Sitting watching this now pretty impressed effects are good, it's not simply shoot and kill to survive. It's not really about the infected it's about the guy and his query to find his family, the so called zombies are merely a aide act IMO.

Just finished watching the first season and I cannot wait for the second.

The characters are really likeable and as mentioned the make up/special effects are really good, apart from the last scene on episode 6. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Plus always had a wee thing for Sarah Wayne Callies since Prison Break.

Can someone who has read the comics tell me which arcs the first series covers? I think the first arc is only about 3 issues, maybe 5 at a push, and it seems to be doing an issue an episode. Also, how many episodes does each series have?

Can someone who has read the comics tell me which arcs the first series covers? I think the first arc is only about 3 issues, maybe 5 at a push, and it seems to be doing an issue an episode. Also, how many episodes does each series have?

It isn't sticking religiously to the comics, in fact I'd say there are scenes from the comics more so than a full story.

• 2 weeks later...

gutted about all the zombies attacking them up on the mountain, i was developing a serious crush on the younger of the sisters. i kind of lost track a bit, who all got killed?

and for some reason i've got it in my head that the younger of the sisters played the pregnant girl (claire?) in the first couple of series of lost, is that right?

gutted about all the zombies attacking them up on the mountain, i was developing a serious crush on the younger of the sisters. i kind of lost track a bit, who all got killed?

and for some reason i've got it in my head that the younger of the sisters played the pregnant girl (claire?) in the first couple of series of lost, is that right?

Don't think so, the person who played Claire in Lost was Emilie de Ravin and I don't think she was in any of the first season.

• 1 month later...

I seem to be in the opposite situation to most of the people on this thread in that I've read the comics (well, the first 70-odd) but only just started watching the series. Needless to say after 2 episodes I'm hooked. Seems like they're deviating from the plot of the books a bit, whilst still staying fairly faithful to the source material. If you see what I mean. Assuming they introduce the characters of Michonne and the Governor I'll be interested to see what they do with that storyline---because the comic version is so grim I can't see it making it to an American TV show!

By the way, you can get a massive 1000 page compendium of (most of) the comics from Amazon for about £25. Well worth it. :)

Edited by Uncle Psychosis

I seem to be in the opposite situation to most of the people on this thread in that I've read the comics (well, the first 70-odd) but only just started watching the series. Needless to say after 2 episodes I'm hooked. Seems like they're deviating from the plot of the books a bit, whilst still staying fairly faithful to the source material. If you see what I mean. Assuming they introduce the characters of Michonne and the Governor I'll be interested to see what they do with that storyline---because the comic version is so grim I can't see it making it to an American TV show!

By the way, you can get a massive 1000 page compendium of (most of) the comics from Amazon for about £25. Well worth it. :)

I think I watched the first two episodes back to back and then acquired the comic books and read the first 65 or something before the third episode aired ph34r.gif

Michonne's gonna be in this series, afaik. I'm not sure if they'll go the route of the Governer as it's pretty fucking dark. What rating is the tv show?

I think I watched the first two episodes back to back and then acquired the comic books and read the first 65 or something before the third episode aired ph34r.gif

Are you still up to date with the "Graphic Novelisations", as there has been some pretty shocking shit recently, none more so than in the last two issues!!!:o

• 1 month later...