The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Can't wait for series 2 - really enjoyed the first series.

Forehead 7 - Can I just say your choices in TV and Film is superb. Every singe Film or TV show I post about on here you seem to watch and comment about as well :lol:

I do watch quite a lot of tv shows. But there's loads I see on Sky Atlantic ads that I want to watch but don't have the time or memory.

I do watch quite a lot of tv shows. But there's loads I see on Sky Atlantic ads that I want to watch but don't have the time or memory.

I know the feeling all to well mate. What I tend to do is if there is something that I'm curious about seeing but not really excited about I'll record it in standard definition.

Not sure if it requires spoiler tags but expect:

Hershell's Farm, Maggie, Michoinne and Merle to be present in the second season

Not really spoilery since it's mostly to do with the comics.

Michoinne will be in the 2nd series as Daberont likes the character

Merle is probably going to be the Governor which is promising as he has a grudge with Rick already and has an inbuilt reason to hate him

• 1 month later...

I've read all 80 odd of the comics so I'm looking forward to it. Does anyone know if Five have an iPlayer type thing?

I certainly recall watching Flash Forward on the five website, but it might only show new programs on it.

Was the Walking Dead not on FX? They lose the rights or will they still be showing the new season when it comes around?

I certainly recall watching Flash Forward on the five website, but it might only show new programs on it.

Was the Walking Dead not on FX? They lose the rights or will they still be showing the new season when it comes around?

I think FX still have it. They should have season two in October. Five have it as free to air or something like that.

Watched in on Five last night wasnt that impressed with it, the opening is a carbon copy of 28 days later and the first hour or so was badly written. You would think given the situation his first questions would be what the f**k is going? How long was he in a come for? But he didnt seem that bothered to find out what was going on.

The last half hour was better and the trailer for the second episode looked promising so I'll stick with it just now.

I think FX still have it. They should have season two in October. Five have it as free to air or something like that.

They must have on the cheap, doubt it will be free though, as they basically raped themselves financially a while back paying £1m an episode for Joey!

Watched in on Five last night wasnt that impressed with it, the opening is a carbon copy of 28 days later and the first hour or so was badly written. You would think given the situation his first questions would be what the f**k is going? How long was he in a come for? But he didnt seem that bothered to find out what was going on.

The last half hour was better and the trailer for the second episode looked promising so I'll stick with it just now.

I doubt it is like 28 days,as there are no zombies in 28 days. They are infected with a man made disease.

They must have on the cheap, doubt it will be free though, as they basically raped themselves financially a while back paying £1m an episode for Joey!

I wouldn't know anything about that show as I have never watched it.

Thought the exact same when I saw the trailer but it really isn't the same. This one's a lot deeper than 28 Days, it's about (atm) his quest to reunite with his wife and son.

I doubt it is like 28 days,as there are no zombies in 28 days. They are infected with a man made disease.

They aren't zombies correct, but the two sentences don't necessarily apply together...

There are no zombies because they are infected with a man-made disease.

However, because you are infected with a man-made disease does not mean that you can't be a zombie.

Oh, and it's very similar to 28 Days Later, the camp, the search for a radio transmission, the in-fighting. The only difference as you've said is that it's proper zombies in The Walking Dead, who shamble like they are supposed to!

They aren't zombies correct, but the two sentences don't necessarily apply together...

There are no zombies because they are infected with a man-made disease.

However, because you are infected with a man-made disease does not mean that you can't be a zombie.

Oh, and it's very similar to 28 Days Later, the camp, the search for a radio transmission, the in-fighting. The only difference as you've said is that it's proper zombies in The Walking Dead, who shamble like they are supposed to!

Well as long as it doesnt copy Dr Who and the soldiers trying to rape the women, 28 Days Later was a good film up until that point.

Watched the first episode today, very very good. I'm glad it wasn't just an hour of zombies jumping out all over the place. I don't like being scared :(

Special mention goes to the effects team, they were pretty immense.