The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Well, that's the end of season finale watched, and very little resolved!
At least Margot Bingham makes it worth sitting through.
Just watched the finale tonight. I can't say it's a surprise, but I don't see how they can come to any sort of satisfactory conclusion within 8 episodes. 

I felt the last episode was 44 minutes of pointlessness. The story moved along in no way at all until the very last scene. Utter dung yet again.

Aye, as I said years ago this show is going to end awfully as they appear to be dragging it out over films and spinoffs now. I reckon by the time it all concludes, if someone asks "Should I watch The Walking Dead?" then you'll end up saying not to bother with the TV show, just watch the films as it's far easier.

1 hour ago, Stevo Fife said:

Rick Grimes to make an appearance in the final episode?

Been a journey but run it's course and needs to end. Some of the writing has been atrocious but picked up slightly in the final season.

278604226_534587941601929_2407314088276763922_n.jpg

Not sure he’ll make an appearance ( hope he does) but think they’ll realise he’s still alive before it’s wrapped up and the spin offs will be them looking for him at the CRM.

Binging is the way to go with The Walking Dead. Trying to remember the lesser characters' names with weekly episodes is murder, never mind remembering why or where they are at any given time. Thought the show was having somewhat of a resurgence but these last few epsidoes - pish. 

Edited by superwellfan

Carol - "most interesting" [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

She's an absolutely terrible character. She was good to begin with when she found her feet after finally standing up to her abusive husband but classic TWD writing has turned her in to yet another boring arsehole of a character. "Oh I want to leave", "Oh I want to stay" schtick got boring very quickly. I find her irritating any time she's on screen now.

On 28/04/2022 at 10:32, gav-ffc said:

The Daryl and Carol spin off going well it’s now just the Daryl spin off 

3C00AA85-422A-48B1-8C00-21F0AA06B7D4.jpeg

McBride obviously not wanting to take any chances about getting drawn into the Russia - Ukraine conflict. 

• 2 months later...
On 26/07/2022 at 13:09, 19QOS19 said:
On 23/07/2022 at 09:33, FairWeatherFan said:
The Rick Grimes movies are no more. Going to be a limited series instead.

As long as it's limited I'll give it a watch.

6 episodes this time next year.

• 2 months later...
One down and seven to go. 
The first episode has set a fairly low bar for those seven episodes, it has to be said. 
You're going to be disappointed with the second one then...

Caught the first two. I thought they were ok without being particularly great. The first episode at least had a decent section of action early on. I think my biggest grievance with them was the fact that other than the last two minutes of each episode the story hasn't progressed at all. You could literally have watched 5 minutes of the two episodes combined and you'd be up to date as to what's happening.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're going to be disappointed with the second one then...

Caught the first two. I thought they were ok without being particularly great. The first episode at least had a decent section of action early on. I think my biggest grievance with them was the fact that other than the last two minutes of each episode the story hasn't progressed at all. You could literally have watched 5 minutes of the two episodes combined and you'd be up to date as to what's happening.

Yeah that's my main grumble. There was 8 (now 7) episodes left and I was kind of hoping that the pace might have picked up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...