The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Finding this season really dull. Negan is saving this show on his own. Watching it as a force of habit now.

Who gives a f**k about Carole and Daryl.

Carol & Daryl are awful right now.

Negan is totally carrying the show at the moment. He’s a welcome breath of fresh air from the all-serious all-drama nae-banter Americans. There’s something almost Scottish about his patter.

Beta: *Draws knives to Negan’s throat*

Negan: “Calm yer tits big man!” [emoji1]

That really should have been an excellent episode given what happened and the reveal at the end, but its getting harder to care. Probably one of the better episodes in the last few years, and if this had been in series 3 or 4 would have been massive - imagine if it had been someone from the Govenors people in the Prison, but i dont think anyone cares enough about the characters left to be bothered

Episode 8 has popped up already in the usual places.

What are the ‘usual places’? Can you DM me your source or sources? Don’t think we’re allowed to post them publicly on the forum.

I have one site I use for streaming tv shows but am always looking alternatives...

It has been like that all season. Late Friday/early Saturday they tend to go up. So it didn't seem to be leaked screeners. Turns out they are getting released early on AMC's streaming service Premiere
image.thumb.png.6026e05e685fca70acff8e505dc1d1a1.png
That explains it. It always seems pops into my downloads on a Friday /Saturday. I did wonder why

Rumour has it they're calling it quits after season 12 which coincides with Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride's contracts coming to an end. 

The viewing figures must really be dwindling if they have resorted to releasing episodes early on Premiere and at this rate I think they'll be lucky to get to 12! They better at least bring back Rick for the final episode.

What a shite mid season finale. If the above post is correct re contracts then one can only assume we’ve got to suffer another 2 seasons of Carol. She’s doing my box in just now.

Again if the above post is correct then they better really get their brains engaged in writing a conclusion befitting of us mugs who have stuck with it so long.

They should do the decent thing and end it this season to concentrate on the Rick movies.

Absolutely pitiful. They killed off Coral for no reason whatsoever. Fair enough the boy was a shit actor but he saved Sadiq only to be killed off a few episodes later?

The storyline has not developed any further in 8 episodes. Back to the boring Negan days.

22 hours ago, Pepper said:

Rumour has it they're calling it quits after season 12 which coincides with Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride's contracts coming to an end. 

The viewing figures must really be dwindling if they have resorted to releasing episodes early on Premiere and at this rate I think they'll be lucky to get to 12! They better at least bring back Rick for the final episode.

With how much they’ve been paying Reedus there’s no chance they’ll continue after 12.

23 hours ago, Pepper said:

The viewing figures must really be dwindling...

Their highest figure this season is 4m, for the opener. Second highest is 3.4m, and the lowest is 3m.

walking-dead-ratings.jpg?width=960

Obviously doesn't include 8 or 9, but thats an absolutely huge drop off from the peak, and less than they had when they first started and it wasn't exactly well known.

The show is dead, its embarrassing what they've done to it.

I actually thought as a normal episode that would have been very good but as a finale it was a bit underwhelming. 

Main problem was Siddiq was only in a few episodes for about 5 minutes, suddenly this season he's the main character with 3 episodes and we're supposed to give a f**k when he dies. Shows how much they rushed making him a main character when they needed to cram in "I always thought he'd live forever" and "He was like a brother to me" - character building doesn't mean as much when you've already killed them off.

Hopefully that's Michonne finished, and I was hoping pretty much everyone in that group had died to give it more of a cliffhanger/finale feeling to it.

Happy enough for them to run until season 12, gives them time to wrap everything up (not sure if they'll bother with another group after the whisperers, 2 and a half seasons should be enough for them to do that if they wanted though), with the Whisperers, Negan, and ideally the last season would see Rick back and tie everything up nicely with a satisfying ending...

... unfortunately they've just announced another spin-off that apparently has ties to the Rick Grimes movies, so my guess is it's all going to be a massive mess.

I actually thought as a normal episode that would have been very good but as a finale it was a bit underwhelming. 
Main problem was Siddiq was only in a few episodes for about 5 minutes, suddenly this season he's the main character with 3 episodes and we're supposed to give a f**k when he dies. Shows how much they rushed making him a main character when they needed to cram in "I always thought he'd live forever" and "He was like a brother to me" - character building doesn't mean as much when you've already killed them off.
Hopefully that's Michonne finished, and I was hoping pretty much everyone in that group had died to give it more of a cliffhanger/finale feeling to it.
Happy enough for them to run until season 12, gives them time to wrap everything up (not sure if they'll bother with another group after the whisperers, 2 and a half seasons should be enough for them to do that if they wanted though), with the Whisperers, Negan, and ideally the last season would see Rick back and tie everything up nicely with a satisfying ending...
... unfortunately they've just announced another spin-off that apparently has ties to the Rick Grimes movies, so my guess is it's all going to be a massive mess.

Agree with all of this.