The Walking Dead

King Kebab

It's just a bit disappointing that they've given all Carl's comic book storylines to Henry and he is portrayed as being just as big a wet blanket by an actor of a similar level, they would have been as well keeping Carl!!!
Other than that another good episode, the season has come on leaps and bounds post-Rick, which is surprising as he was one of the constants even when there was dips!!!
And yes I feel the story was important as it obviously gives the reason why Michonne acts the way she does now in regards towards the other settlements and outsiders in general and obviously presents the reason for her to change her mind regarding Negan's suitability for parole, with their conversation being the turning point of the show!!!
As somebody has already said it was a good story told in one episode (although not the best this season) whereas it would have been dragged out over two or more episodes in previous seasons!!!
There really hasn't been a bad episode yet in Season 9, there has been some not as good as others but overall this Season has been the best for a good few years!!!

Ooooooft.

Haven't watched it yet but if it's going the same way as the original comic book storyline, I think there will be a big kick in the stones coming tonight, if not two!!!

Haven't watched it yet but if it's going the same way as the original comic book storyline, I think there will be a big kick in the stones coming tonight, if not two!!!

Haven’t watched it yet but from what I’ve just read online there’s definitely two big things I’m going to miss!

Haven’t watched it yet but from what I’ve just read online there’s definitely two big things I’m going to miss!

Fuuuuuuck.

I will miss those shapely bosoms.

Was that you i saw at that convention???

IMG_0725.jpg.7bf732b0d8d79f3400353eaf44af46f0.jpg

Well that was just excellent, I'm going to go as far as to say that this might just be the best season of the show yet. It's no longer about survivors after the apocalypse, it has now transcended that and it is now about settlers in a brave/not very nice world. Perhaps recognising the need for this change is what has brought the show back from the brink and I'm all for it!!!
The ending is what I was expecting from the comic books but it was so different at the same time, but there was a definite f**k with your head (not in an Alpha way) moment during the episode where you thought what you had read previously was what was going to happen, if you've read them you know the bit I mean!!!
Henry going did surprise me though as Carl's story still has a bit to go and the writers had quite obviously just transferred them over to Henry, what are they going to do know, give them to Lydia, I don't know???
You could probably begrudge the writers not giving Tara more of a solo ending, instead of tagging her on with some of the c-z list characters but then again it just brings the show back to its roots of anybody could die at anytime!!!
They've made a lot of changes this season and to be honest, they're all working!!!

First time in a long time it feels like anyone can be killed again. Haven't read the comics so didn't know until after the episode who was meant to be killed there, despite literally everyone on social media speaking for the last few days about who died in the comics at this stage <_< but didn't expect Tara, the young lassie or Henry to get their tatties. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

First time in a long time it feels like anyone can be killed again. Haven't read the comics so didn't know until after the episode who was meant to be killed there, despite literally everyone on social media speaking for the last few days about who died in the comics at this stage <_< but didn't expect Tara, the young lassie or Henry to get their tatties. 

I was half expecting Daryl to meet his ending when Alpha took him up to the cliff edge looking down on that massive herd.

I was half expecting Daryl to meet his ending when Alpha took him up to the cliff edge looking down on that massive herd.

I've got a feeling Daryl is going to be there to the bitter end along with Michonne and Carol, which is a bit weird as going by the comics only one of them is still there, Carol, who was nothing at all like the character on the show, got her tatties back at the prison and of course Daryl has only existed in the TV version!!!
If any of that trio do go though, I wouldn't think it would be a rushed image in a barn with various others, the whole episode would be about them and it would be an ultimate sacrifice for the greater good sort of thing!!!
Out of the three my money would be on Michonne to go first and that would only be because the actress really does seem to be at the start of a burgeoning movie career!!!

Just to check, was it clear where the whisperers were keeping all the people they had kidnapped? For the highwaymen to have found them it must have been outside the gates, so does that mean alpha was sneaking into the fair multiple times to kidnap people?  Or were there other whisperers at the fair ?

Edited by alang1993

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

I've got a feeling Daryl is going to be there to the bitter end along with Michonne and Carol, which is a bit weird as going by the comics only one of them is still there, Carol, who was nothing at all like the character on the show, got her tatties back at the prison and of course Daryl has only existed in the TV version!!!
If any of that trio do go though, I wouldn't think it would be a rushed image in a barn with various others, the whole episode would be about them and it would be an ultimate sacrifice for the greater good sort of thing!!!
Out of the three my money would be on Michonne to go first and that would only be because the actress really does seem to be at the start of a burgeoning movie career!!!

I think your hunch could be right.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/02/danai-gurira-leaving-walking-dead-season-10-michonne-1202042634/

Just to check, was it clear where the whisperers were keeping all the people they had kidnapped? For the highwaymen to have found them it must have been outside the gates, so does that mean alpha was sneaking into the fair multiple times to kidnap people?  Or were there other whisperers at the fair ?

There was four people on the buggy at the beginning of the episode and although they only highlighted Alpha scalping the woman, you could probably assume that the other three hillsiders could have provided disguises for at least another three whisperers!!!