The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Ha Bennett man. You hate this show so much. But keep watching. I am exactly the same.
Maggie killing Gregory was such a "holy sh1t!!!" moment!!!

Sorry I mean such a who gives a sh1t moment.

There were small flashes of what this show used to be in that episode but it's mad how you don't care about Daryl or Maggie anymore, loved those characters for years. Can see them setting up to drag out a rebellion against Rick for the full season that won't have moved forward at all by mid season break...

...but I'll keep watching

Maggie killing Gregory was such a "holy sh1t!!!" moment!!!

Sorry I mean such a who gives a sh1t moment.

There were small flashes of what this show used to be in that episode but it's mad how you don't care about Daryl or Maggie anymore, loved those characters for years. Can see them setting up to drag out a rebellion against Rick for the full season that won't have moved forward at all by mid season break...

...but I'll keep watching

^^^This.

And congratulations to Maggie! After a three year pregnancy, finally a baby! [emoji4]

I actually quite enjoyed the episode, it wasn't the best one ever, but it wasn't the worst either.

The one random thing I took from it is more a general observation about apocalypse-type movies and TV.  When the guys were at Washington, there's a distance shot of the Capitol building, with half the dome missing.  This is something you see a lot, Big Ben half missing in London, Arc de Triomphe half destroyed, Leaning Tower of Pisa fallen over.  It's as if writers want to imply that in the event of an apocalypse, the survivors are going to take a break from surviving to make sure they destroy the notable landmarks in their city.  Metaphor for the breakdown of society and all that, I know, but hey, it's a PTTGO my N.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

I actually quite enjoyed the episode, it wasn't the best one ever, but it wasn't the worst either.

The one random thing I took from it is more a general observation about apocalypse-type movies and TV.  When the guys were at Washington, there's a distance shot of the Capitol building, with half the dome missing.  This is something you see a lot, Big Ben half missing in London, Arc de Triomphe half destroyed, Leaning Tower of Pisa fallen over.  It's as if writers want to imply that in the event of an apocalypse, the survivors are going to take a break from surviving to make sure they destroy the notable landmarks in their city.  Metaphor for the breakdown of society and all that, I know, but hey, it's a PTTGO my N.

Yeah that annoys me too, it's not as if the domes constantly being maintained so why would it suddenly crumble in the 10 years after the apocalypse?

What annoyed me most about the episode was the glass floor at the museum, it was so obvious what was going to happen.

Surely there must have been another set of stairs to take the things down.

Also quite liked the evolution of man skit at the start.

Got to agree 4 or 5 seasons ago Gregory getting hanged would have been a big deal, now it was a pretty meh moment.

What annoyed me most about the episode was the glass floor at the museum, it was so obvious what was going to happen.
Surely there must have been another set of stairs to take the things down.
Also quite liked the evolution of man skit at the start.
Got to agree 4 or 5 seasons ago Gregory getting hanged would have been a big deal, now it was a pretty meh moment.
Seemed they were tying a loose end off by getting rid of Gregory now. The whole episode seemed to be veering towards the politics of a zombie apocalypse too much at a point. Why did they not just clear the horde that came upon them before the guy got killed? They did it easily enough afterwards.

18 hours ago, marty_j said:

Ha Bennett man. You hate this show so much. But keep watching. I am exactly the same.

It's like I've put in so much time watching from the start that I have to see it through to the end.

That was a pretty horrific opening episode.

So dull. Shite writing. Could tell a mile away the boy with the horse would be the one to die....because we didn't really know who the f**k he was.

Teasing us with the King dying? Zzz. Would have been impressed if they killed him off 10 minutes into the new season.

Dreadful, but i'll tune in to see how Rick dies.

Was I seeing things, or maybe just the camera angle, but was she missing two fingers on her left hand? When did that happen?!

I thought this initially but it seems to be a random cut to someone else winding up some rope. Not sure of the significance of this, pretty sure it wasn’t Rosita though.

I barely paid attention to this weeks show and seemingly missed nothing. Someone got their arm cut off and Darryl punched a Saviour is the rundown I got told at the end. 

There was another hint at the helicopter.  I actually really want to know what that's all about!  Hope I'm not disappointed when it's eventually explained.
I would actually be surprised if the writers even know what the explanation for it is! Probably something that they've thrown in in the hope it can dig them out of a dead end they write themselves into a few series down the line.