The Walking Dead

King Kebab

I've watched the Walking Dead since the very beginning and never missed a single episode. Its always been one of my favorite shows.

This season has been utter shite. Poor script, poor production poor fucking everything to be frank. Bordering on ridiculous.

They've either changed the script writers or lost the plot completely but can understand folks frustrations in what used to be a top notch show.

Hopefully they realise they're fucking it up big time and get things back on track.

As things stand its actually embarrassing to say I still watch it.

#brutal

On 11/19/2017 at 14:15, IainMorton said:

Same reason when people moan when their football club is not playing so well. Do they just turn round and go "ah this is shite, I'm gonna stop supporting them and go and watch someone else"? Of course not, you see it through despite how painful it may be, in the hope it's going to get better.

Aye, cos the two are comparable. :blink:

Another enjoyable episode in the bag.  Lovely stuff.

I watched the last two back to back after being on holiday, and felt it was a bit better again. They still need an endgame in sight though. For the sake of an hour a week I'm not close to binning this yet, there are a number of more time consuming rubbish I've recently binned (I'm looking at you Arrow/Flash/Supergirl/Legends collectively gone stale nonsense - 4 hrs a week freed up).

This is still good television despite going a little cold. I'm not 100% sure but I'm sure the producers are looking to run this for a number of seasons yet. Think 12 or 13 rings a bell, the producers  seem to want to stick to the same cycle of get comfy somewhere and then all hell breaks loose.  I would like a half season/season on the road again where the zombies are the main danger and not just all out war with other survivors. 

16 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

I've watched the Walking Dead since the very beginning and never missed a single episode. Its always been one of my favorite shows.

This season has been utter shite. Poor script, poor production poor fucking everything to be frank. Bordering on ridiculous.

They've either changed the script writers or lost the plot completely but can understand folks frustrations in what used to be a top notch show.

Hopefully they realise they're fucking it up big time and get things back on track.

As things stand its actually embarrassing to say I still watch it.

#brutal

Its been a steady decline since the introduction of Negan for me. He's the wrong baddy this far into the zombie apocalypse, those that will have survived this long wouldn't be cowed so easily, at least not all of them. Maybe just after it started folk might be desperate enough to let a nutjob despot take charge but as things got established he would get the heave.  I can't help but think its the wrong actor too, just not physically intimidating enough. Now while I've given this wayyy to much thought, I can't shake it. 

At least episode 5 tries to explain Negan a bit, best of the season so far but I'm more 'hanging in there' than loving it now. Pity, I used to love it even though its not a genre I would go for.

True but there was no way in hell either Negan or Gabriel were going to get bit by a walker.
I fear for Eugene though, he is going to get snaked.
Coral, Eugene, Negan & Simon have all been criminally under used this season. 

Coral is awful. Or more specifically, Chandler Riggs is. The less airtime he gets, the better.

Its been a steady decline since the introduction of Negan for me. He's the wrong baddy this far into the zombie apocalypse, those that will have survived this long wouldn't be cowed so easily, at least not all of them. Maybe just after it started folk might be desperate enough to let a nutjob despot take charge but as things got established he would get the heave.

There's loads I think is wrong with this show now (read the last few pages!) but I think they've got the timing right on his introduction tbh. I can see what you're saying but for me I reckon he would more likely have been overthrown near the start as folk would maybe think 'Beat it, there will be a cure soon so I'm not taking orders from you' or they would think they could go it alone.

His view that people are important was interesting and I can't recall him killing anyone for sport - "they got themselves killed" was an interesting tagline and somewhat true when we think about it. Even if someone betrayed him he would burn them rather than kill them. He provides protection, food and shelter for his "slaves" as well. Perhaps The Saviours aren't the true bad guys here?

I enjoyed this episode and no surprise to see it has an 8.1 rating just now; the highest of the season and 0.9 higher than the nearest episode. What a difference when we get a wee bit of character development. The only gunshot was Gabriel so it goes to show there doesn't need to be a lot of action as I've said previously.

Hopefully kicks on from here even though I'm wildly sceptical.

There's loads I think is wrong with this show now (read the last few pages!) but I think they've got the timing right on his introduction tbh. I can see what you're saying but for me I reckon he would more likely have been overthrown near the start as folk would maybe think 'Beat it, there will be a cure soon so I'm not taking orders from you' or they would think they could go it alone.

His view that people are important was interesting and I can't recall him killing anyone for sport - "they got themselves killed" was an interesting tagline and somewhat true when we think about it. Even if someone betrayed him he would burn them rather than kill them. He provides protection, food and shelter for his "slaves" as well. Perhaps The Saviours aren't the true bad guys here?

I enjoyed this episode and no surprise to see it has an 8.1 rating just now; the highest of the season and 0.9 higher than the nearest episode. What a difference when we get a wee bit of character development. The only gunshot was Gabriel so it goes to show there doesn't need to be a lot of action as I've said previously.

I agree the actor playing Coral is crap but like it or not he is one of the original characters, if the boy is too busy studying, kill him off, give us a laugh.

Rosita has went missing too, forgot all about Michonne.

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I agree the actor playing Coral is crap but like it or not he is one of the original characters, if the boy is too busy studying, kill him off, give us a laugh.

Rosita was heavily pregnant/just had a baby during the filming of this series, in real life obvs.

The character could be an interesting one but I just can't stomach the guy playing him. I'd have kept Carl but re-cast him. Probably too late for that now though.

I came on with the intention of staying positive after a better episode but I'm struggling again - Rosita started to get on my tits as well. She just came across as a PMSing boot.

I noticed Daryl was a bit of a dick last week and shot someone 'in cold blood'. He also started a fight with Rick this week. Could they be doing the unthinkable and preparing the audience for his death?

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Coral is awful. Or more specifically, Chandler Riggs is. The less airtime he gets, the better.

Nah, his 'playing' with Rick and Daryl suggest a bit of a God complex, that and the Harem. I originally put it down to cheap to make TV and the almost incestuous way that some TV goes, its all about the main characters and the rest is window dressing. To be honest, I reckon this is the case. The Negan character just doesn't work for me this far into a disaster and I can't shake it. Its a bit weird discussing the flaws in a programme about the zombie apocalypse but I could forgive all the earlier flaws (both in the decisions the characters made and the annoying characters etc) but Negan was the one that tipped me over the edge and got me raging about the stuff I'd forgiven, stuff like the way that they've tried to make all the 'tribes' different recently, the 'swamp wifies', the 'garbage folk', feckin Ezekiel's skateboard armoured bunch.  It just seems to be trying too hard in some respects, I know quite a few who have just stopped watching it, I'm maybe too brand loyal with my TV watching, last night was the best of the season so far though.

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The character could be an interesting one but I just can't stomach the guy playing him. I'd have kept Carl but re-cast him. Probably too late for that now though.

I came on with the intention of staying positive after a better episode but I'm struggling again - Rosita started to get on my tits as well. She just came across as a PMSing boot.

I noticed Daryl was a bit of a dick last week and shot someone 'in cold blood'. He also started a fight with Rick this week. Could they be doing the unthinkable and preparing the audience for his death?

Ive been thinking Daryls for it this whole series, hes clearly lost his "morals", and thats usually a set up for their heroic death saving others

On 20/11/2017 at 23:00, D.A.F.C said:

Helicopter in it twice now.

Hopefully something interesting.

Probably the next bad guys after Negan.

Be interesting if it was actually good guys, who were observing this "war", and decided Rick and co were the aggressors and villains, so tried to eradicate them. Be a twist to consider the core group in a whole different light

Edited by RandomGuy.