The Walking Dead

King Kebab

The season got much better since I last posted, but admittedly I did post before the governor's return.

That finale was tremendous, tho I have to admit, completely obvious. Not him showing up with a fucking tank, but still. Little silly that the governor was able to bam up a full group with a almost childish lie tho, they were a mostly nonviolent group and yet after hearing and clearly seeing that Ric's group weren't the killers the governor made them out to be and seeing a innocent man decapitated, they didn't stop.

Where the f**k did he get a tank btw? I must have missed that part.

Hershels death was all too obvious, you knew the governor was gonna kill him.

They should have removed some of the dross episodes from the start of that season to expand this finale, cause just like the governors last attack on the prison, it was over far too quickly. And like last time, despite being outnumbered and them having far superior weaponry, Ric's side still won. Yeah, really.

Part of me did think tho, Last time it was a grenade launcher, this time a tank, if the governor survived was he gonna turn up with a fucking robot? Godzilla? Or maybe mecha Streisand? Cause him getting his hands on a tank is already fucking ridiculous.

Didn't the group that the Governor and the three girls ran into after running from the herd of walkers (and him falling into the pit with the young girl) not have the tank? I can't be 100% sure about that, but I think it may have been at their camp.

PS I'm crap with names!!

Didn't the group that the Governor and the three girls ran into after running from the herd of walkers (and him falling into the pit with the young girl) not have the tank? I can't be 100% sure about that, but I think it may have been at their camp.

PS I'm crap with names!!

Cheers mate, I must have not been paying attention at that part.

Like with all the attacks from the governor against the prison group, they are always so short.

Id have preferred the last episode to begin with the death of Hershel, then have a full blown episode of violence, guns and death.

I tend to agree, it's not that I want to see more violence, but last time he had superior numbers and a Grenade Launcher and was beaten away by a couple of people hiding behind cover. This time he still had superior numbers, and a fucking tank and they still lost. It's a little unbelievable

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Was Sasha with Maggie and Bob?

You've also got Lily, her sister (can't remember her name), did her sister's lover make it? Struggling after a week!

She got shot in the head by the wee blonde girl I'm sure. I'm not sure that Lily and her sister will still be around when it returns but the more people scattered around the better it could be I think.

On the dissected animal, I reckon it was Bob, I'm sure he was sitting with a shoebox at that part of the prison when Tyrese and Daryl (maybe?) came up to him and he was acting really shifty but then they got distracted by something and we never found out what was in the box. Also he was an army medic so would know what he was doing and is just a bit mental/is an alchy.

PS I'm crap with names!!

Yep, Mitch - the guy who joined the Governor after he had killed his brother - was a tank driver in the US Army when the apocalypse went down. The two of them had been driving about in it until they joined Martinez's group.

I tend to agree, it's not that I want to see more violence, but last time he had superior numbers and a Grenade Launcher and was beaten away by a couple of people hiding behind cover. This time he still had superior numbers, and a fucking tank and they still lost. It's a little unbelievable

It's a world where the undead roam the world eating people. Up until the prison scenes were you taken in by the realism of the program? :P

In seriousness, I agree. Although I suppose it's to be expected or there wouldn't be a show. You know that not everyone will die in these scenes but I suppose you are just hoping your favourite characters come out alive, which is why there is still the intensity there. Certainly that's the way I view it.

On the dissected animal, I reckon it was Bob, I'm sure he was sitting with a shoebox at that part of the prison when Tyrese and Daryl (maybe?) came up to him and he was acting really shifty but then they got distracted by something and we never found out what was in the box. Also he was an army medic so would know what he was doing and is just a bit mental/is an alchy.

I thought it was the older young girl. I thought it was obvious that it was her or her sister just because they had that scene where they were naming the walkers and someone had been feeding them rats. Although feeding a walker and dissecting a rat is 2 very different things so maybe you are right.

I just presumed that Bob was hiding booze TBH.

I only recently started watching this program and where I have really enjoyed it I find it to be very predictable at times. I can honestly say the only shock I ever got was in season 1 when the young girl walked out the barn dead. I honestly thought Daryl was going to find her. There was something really eerie about that scene, very well directed I thought.

Other than that I have seen the main 'twists' coming a mile off (this from someone who rarely sees a twist even when it's right in front of me!)

Overall I think they will struggle to get a 5th Season from this. The main theme's/things they have had to fight off throughout the season's have all been season lasting and realistic in the situation:-

Season 1 - Struggling to deal with the situation and coming to terms with everything.

Season 2 - Zombies mainly

Season 3 - Other survivors/savages

Season 4 - Illness

What is realistically the next hurdle?

Overall I think they will struggle to get a 5th Season from this. The main theme's/things they have had to fight off throughout the season's have all been season lasting and realistic in the situation:-

Season 1 - Struggling to deal with the situation and coming to terms with everything.

Season 4 - Illness

I would imagine it would be similiar to season one. Constantly on the run, not having anywhere safe to stay, constant attacks from walkers and also survivors who are a threat. I wonder how long till it takes for them to get back together as a big group, or will they all go their separate ways, never to see each other again?!

Edited by IainMorton

Season 4 - Illness

Good shout, I'm struggling to see where they will take a fifth season too. Possibly following the comics with Rick coming up against another band of dangerous people. I think i'll watch the fifth season but if they extend it for a sixth I doubt I'll watch it. I like this program but I dont love it.

Edited by 11thHour

It's a world where the undead roam the world eating people. Up until the prison scenes were you taken in by the realism of the program? :P

In seriousness, I agree. Although I suppose it's to be expected or there wouldn't be a show. You know that not everyone will die in these scenes but I suppose you are just hoping your favourite characters come out alive, which is why there is still the intensity there. Certainly that's the way I view it.

I thought it was the older young girl. I thought it was obvious that it was her or her sister just because they had that scene where they were naming the walkers and someone had been feeding them rats. Although feeding a walker and dissecting a rat is 2 very different things so maybe you are right.

I just presumed that Bob was hiding booze TBH.

I only recently started watching this program and where I have really enjoyed it I find it to be very predictable at times. I can honestly say the only shock I ever got was in season 1 when the young girl walked out the barn dead. I honestly thought Daryl was going to find her. There was something really eerie about that scene, very well directed I thought.

Other than that I have seen the main 'twists' coming a mile off (this from someone who rarely sees a twist even when it's right in front of me!)

Season 4 - Illness

The focus has always tried to be more about the group relationships rather than the zombies tho obviously for season 1 it was mostly zombies. Im not sure what else is covered in the graphic novels but no doubt there is still plenty material and season 5 is already confirmed im sure I heard

Surely next is going to be people becoming gradually more desperate as supplies of food and water get more scarce and really see the darker side of peoples fight or flight instinct take hold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...