The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Yeah, it's not as if there aren't enough action/horrors about zombies to watch.

What relevance does this have? The fact of the matter is, that the as the show strayed away from the action-horror genre in the 2nd and 3rd season, the more awful and awful it became.

The more I read your post the more I'm struggling to see any relevant point you may be making.

What relevance does this have? The fact of the matter is, that the as the show strayed away from the action-horror genre in the 2nd and 3rd season, the more awful and awful it became.

The more I read your post the more I'm struggling to see any relevant point you may be making.

My point is that when they're doing the more dramatic stuff, it's doing something different within the zombie sub-genre. Action and horror have been done to death (no pun intended) within it.

And the third season was the best of all of them with the Governor and Merle being two of the best characters because of the two actors putting in cracking performances.

I've not started Season 4 yet, but I'm worried it could be a poor one. I find US TV shows can drop standards pretty quickly (i.e Homeland) so I don't want to end up wasting my time, when imo the ending of season 3 was pretty satisfying. Hopefully they won't go into Carl 'angsty hormonal emo teen' territory or any of that guff, which will probably end up happening. :thumbsdown

I think I am on the verge of not watching this again. The first two episodes of the new season have been okay, but certainly not superb. Season One started superbly and tailed off towards the end of the season, I don't think it picked up in quality until the third season. The pace of the story telling is pretty slow, and the characterisation of the main cast isn't done that well. As Forehead said the Third Season was brilliant because of the acting performances of Merle and The Governor.

The cliffhanger ending has kept me interested for one more week.

Enjoying the season so far. It's a slog at times and there's hundreds of flaws but it's still fun when it gets going.

too obvious to assume the person feeding the walkers is the Governor or someone related to him?

Edited by NotThePars

Enjoying the season so far. It's a slog at times and there's hundreds of flaws but it's still fun when it gets going.

too obvious to assume the person feeding the walkers is the Governor or someone related to him?

Coming from inside the fence? I've got a feeling it'll be Carl

Obsessively catching up with this on sky on demand, half way through season 3. I love Rick and Daryl. Was not sad to see the back of Shane and his wide mouthed frog look.

Season 2 picked up towards the end, I've just watched a filler towards the end of season 3. Nearly up to date, haven't obsessed about a show this much since I had 24 on box set.

This episode wasn't as poor as last weeks, Just meh. The person feeding the walkers will keep me watching for now and this is coming from a massive TWD fan. Agree the pig bit was un-needed but I seen it coming a mile off the zombies were following Rick and Daryl anyway? so why not just lead them further away rather than feed them pigs so near to the prison?

Good point that actually. I'm highly intrigued by the burning bodies incident, I can't think of anyone that I think it would be that done that. I think its been the wee annoying blonde lassie that couldn't kill her dad thats been feeding the walkers the rats. She seems like the type of wee idiot to do something like that.

Good point that actually. I'm highly intrigued by the burning bodies incident, I can't think of anyone that I think it would be that done that. I think its been the wee annoying blonde lassie that couldn't kill her dad thats been feeding the walkers the rats. She seems like the type of wee idiot to do something like that.

I think that would be a bit too obvious. I reckon it's someone else and the stuff about the wee girl naming the walkers and being a bit weird has been put in to throw us off.

I was going to post about last night's episode in the US, but I just realised I don't actually know how to do the spoiler tag properly. :rolleyes:

I think that would be a bit too obvious. I reckon it's someone else and the stuff about the wee girl naming the walkers and being a bit weird has been put in to throw us off.

I was going to post about last night's episode in the US, but I just realised I don't actually know how to do the spoiler tag properly. :rolleyes:

I'm having the same issue - damn living in Canada and being ahead in everyone with tv shows! :-)

I'm having the same issue - damn living in Canada and being ahead in everyone with tv shows! :-)

[spoiler#]

Remove the # and use those tags (maybe best to preview first).

Quite enjoyed last night's episode. Badass Tyrese is something I can get behind. Hopefully Carol gets vigilante justice put upon her.

[spoiler#]

Remove the # and use those tags (maybe best to preview first).

Quite enjoyed last night's episode. Badass Tyrese is something I can get behind. Hopefully Carol gets vigilante justice put upon her.

Cheers!

Yeah I enjoyed that one more than the first two. I thought Tyreese had been a bit of a pussy up until now, so hopefully he gets the hammer out more and starts acting like his comic book badass self. I thought the scene when he was swarmed could have been done a bit better, it wasn't quite as dramatic as it could have been, maybe if there had been a bit more time in between it happening and him making it out. Oh well, I'm not complaining too much.

I was a bit surprised at the ending, it will be interesting to see how it gets handled. Especially if they go down the road the comic did with Carol and Tyreese getting together, which I thought there was a hint of when he asked Carol to lookout for his sister but she then put him off by bringing up Karen.

Edited by smfc_mehmet9