The Walking Dead

King Kebab

9 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I would have liked a bit more conclusion, but it's now left open for spin offs, and although I'm not entirely happy. I know why they had to that, but will everyone know about the spin offs?

The stream I watched had a pre-show announcement advising people to watch after the finish for the little trailers introducing the spin-offs.

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Hide contents

Hal? records people's stories. Can get annoying and tedious, but this is about 5 series in.

Al.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Currently watching The World Beyond which is not so good and it's no surprise it was cancelled. 

It's utter pish.

The most ridiculous bit was when Rosita fell back into the zombies and somehow managed to fight them all off, although they did redeem themselves a bit with the bite. 
Classic TWD - 'Here audience, we'll ease you in to the death of a main character rather than just go for shock value'.

The torture is over.  Walking Dead has taught me a valuable lesson - just stop watching when you stop enjoying it.  It isn't worth the time or effort for persevering.  If there is a hell, and I end up there, it will just be getting forced to watch this 24/7 on a loop.

When Walking Dead was great it really was magnificent, but only three great episodes in a season of 16 isn't really worth it.  Even this last season, it's just a rehashing of other seasons but on a grander scale.

Even the trailers for the spinoffs didn't even look that great.  You could have saved it all by just having Eugene die in the most gruesome way.  

The torture is over.  Walking Dead has taught me a valuable lesson - just stop watching when you stop enjoying it.  It isn't worth the time or effort for persevering.  If there is a hell, and I end up there, it will just be getting forced to watch this 24/7 on a loop.
When Walking Dead was great it really was magnificent, but only three great episodes in a season of 16 isn't really worth it.  Even this last season, it's just a rehashing of other seasons but on a grander scale.
Even the trailers for the spinoffs didn't even look that great.  You could have saved it all by just having Eugene die in the most gruesome way.  
Aye. The in-laws are on about S7 and commented they need to get caught up now it's over. I told them not to bother and to genuinely just leave it as it is as it's not worth the bother.

The ending for the minor cast has annoyed me the more I think back as well. Did anyone else not think it was exactly the same as the season opener years ago? I can't remember which community it was at the time but I'm sure it was the first time they skipped for a few years. There were solar panels and crops everywhere. They could have ended it all those years back with the same outcome [emoji38]

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye. The in-laws are on about S7 and commented they need to get caught up now it's over. I told them not to bother and to genuinely just leave it as it is as it's not worth the bother.

The ending for the minor cast has annoyed me the more I think back as well. Did anyone else not think it was exactly the same as the season opener years ago? I can't remember which community it was at the time but I'm sure it was the first time they skipped for a few years. There were solar panels and crops everywhere. They could have ended it all those years back with the same outcome emoji38.png

100%, that's exactly what I said to the wife last night. So they're starting up another utopia only to be burned down by another group of odd balls, rinse, repeat.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The ending for the minor cast has annoyed me the more I think back as well. Did anyone else not think it was exactly the same as the season opener years ago? I can't remember which community it was at the time but I'm sure it was the first time they skipped for a few years. There were solar panels and crops everywhere. They could have ended it all those years back with the same outcome emoji38.png

Indeed. There's absolutely nothing been put forward during the series to suggest that this time will be any different. If anything, the evolution of the walkers probably means they're at greater risk now than previously. 

Unfortunately, the longer this series dragged on, the more inevitable it became that this would be how it ended. 

23 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Is fear worth watching? Might give me something to tide me over until The negan/Maggie spin off.

I actually prefer Fear overall.

TWD was on about season 5(?) by the time I decided I was gonna start watching it, just as Fear was first being released. So as a late starter to the whole TWD world, I read online that timeline-wise Fear came first at the onset of the zombie apocalypse so I decided to watch it first then batter through OG TWD between series of Fear. 

On 21/11/2022 at 23:17, johnnydun said:

I would have liked a bit more conclusion, but it's now left open for spin offs, and although I'm not entirely happy. I know why they had to that, but will everyone know about the spin offs?

That's where the problem is IMO, if someone decides in a couple years to watch TWD and they make it to the end, how pissed off will they be at the ending without knowing about any spin offs? Add to that how we all knew about Rick leaving the show and how heavily reported every death was about 2 seasons in advance, I can imagine the last 3 or 4 seasons being confusing as f**k and very annoying.

You could watch Breaking Bad and be content it's done without knowing/needing to watch El Camino or Better Call Saul, for example.

I'm still going to binge the last season when I get the chance, not making it as far as I did without finishing it, but am I f**k watching all the spin offs :lol:

I'm still going to binge the last season when I get the chance, not making it as far as I did without finishing it, but am I f**k watching all the spin offs [emoji38]

If you've no intention of watching the spin offs you're as well not bothering with the last season tbh. It really hasn't concluded anything other than repeating the exact same story from before.

I don't want to watch the spin-offs but need to to get a conclusion to the series. I just hope they don't milk the spin-offs as well. Arseholes.

On 24/11/2022 at 13:51, 19QOS19 said:

If you've no intention of watching the spin offs you're as well not bothering with the last season tbh. It really hasn't concluded anything other than repeating the exact same story from before.

I don't want to watch the spin-offs but need to to get a conclusion to the series. I just hope they don't milk the spin-offs as well. Arseholes.

I can't see the Rick spin off lasting beyond the one series planned. Andrew Lincoln is highly unlikely to commit to anything beyond that. The other two though, who knows how long they'll milk them for... 

So I've finished.

I knew it would end like that. Pretty obvious it would.
I was kinda wishing for more deaths.
Hoping Eugene would die. He went from mildly amusing oddball to greeting faced cúnt pretty quick yet never died.
Hoping Negan might go mental.
Thinking they'd maybe kill off everyone except those in the spin offs.

The last two seasons of that dragged in. I mean really fucking badly. I'm the sort of fool that might rewatch that quickly and might get more out of it but the last two seasons honestly felt like about 5 seasons.  As someone said. That 6 year time jump was probably the time to stop.

I'll watch the Spin offs cos I'm an idiot.
I've watch 4 seasons of Fear. So I'll do that first.

I can't say I'm disappointed because I had no expectations. Fúck knows.

Started watching from the beginning again. At season 2 finale and biggest takeaway I’ve got so far is

Andrea was an absolute Thundercunt from the start. 

also, there’s only been a couple of hints at it but even in little flashes, c**t-Rick is fucking fantastic. The show definitely died on its arse when he left. 

Started watching from the beginning again. At season 2 finale and biggest takeaway I’ve got so far is
also, there’s only been a couple of hints at it but even in little flashes, c**t-Rick is fucking fantastic. The show definitely died on its arse when he left. 

Getting a greenie for the use of the long-missed term “c**t-Rick”!!!
Oh, when this show was good it was unmissable television!!!

1 hour ago, Nimbledance said:

Season 5 Rick is peak walking dead.

Finally finished it as I got really bored at the start of this season and didnt catch back up, but blitzed about 10 episodes over the last few days. After quite a few really poor seasons I thought some of the last few episodes, from probably Negan showing up again when the commonwealth / CIA guy try to take down the tower block, were pretty good, infact probably the best since Rick left. Glad is finished now though.

Have seen any of fear since the end of season 6 - did he nuclear bomb actually go off, and if so was it ever mention on the walking dead?

Wouldn’t necessarily say that. To date, other than Morgan and Dwight there’s still next to nothing linking the two shows together.
It was more in regards to what I assume is a big spoiler in the post above.