The Walking Dead

King Kebab

We've started rewatching this from the start, you kind of forget how brilliant it was. Shane was a great character, also highlights how much the show hinged on Rick though. 

I barely watched since Rick left, if i watched any at all, but im hoping binge watching it improves the final seasons instead of waiting weekly for a nothing episode, if that makes sense.

We've started rewatching this from the start..

On a website full of batshit crazy stuff throughout the years, this is right up there with the most bizarre thing I have ever read. You are absolutely mental, sir.

ETA. Funny you say how good it used to be. I actually re-read the first few pages of this thread a couple of weeks ago and you can see the excitement for it. Counter this with the fact there are few comments after the latest episode now, it really shows how much it's fallen. The writers of this show really shouldn't be allowed to work again.

Just watched ep 23. One to go, finish line in sight, I don't think I'll ever be so happy to see the end of a show. I know, I know I could have stopped watching but by season 8/9 I was so far in I couldn't chuck it.

Right now, I barely have any idea what is going on or what people's motivations are. I could not care less about the commonwealth and the evil governor,  Eugene is probably the worst character ever to be in telly and some of the acting is so bad it's quite funny. 

I'll 100% watch the spin offs that are coming though 😂

Edited by Squalor Vic

4 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Just watched ep 23. One to go, finish line in sight, I don't think I'll ever be so happy to see the end of a show. I know, I know I could have stopped watching but by season 8/9 I was so far in I couldn't chuck it.

Right now, I barely have any idea what is going on or what people's motivations are. I could not care less about the commonwealth and the evil governor,  Eugene is probably the worst character ever to be in telly and some of the acting is so bad it's quite funny. 

I'll 100% watch the spin offs that are coming though 😂

I really enjoyed 23 to be fair one of the best for a while.

Well there’s a whole lot to cram into the 2 hour finale if they want to stand any chance of something that even semi resembles a decent way of ending this show. I am fully prepared for disappointment and the words “you’re fucking kidding me” to come flying out my mouth. I feel a dreadful cliffhanger type ending incoming so those that have stuck with it to the bitter end are invested in the upcoming movies in the hope they finally give us a proper conclusion. 

Anyone know the score with Fear TWD? Is the next series going to be the last for it too?

On 23/07/2022 at 09:33, FairWeatherFan said:

The Rick Grimes movies are no more. Going to be a limited series instead.

I'm just quoting this as I have heard this started back a few weeks ago (saw f**k all about it, shows how far it's fallen IMO).
Not gonna read any further until this is done and I have binged the last few.

If someone will tell me when the last ep airs on dinsey+ though i'd appreciate it. 

Although I enjoyed episode 22(?) I feel again, they are cramming stuff in that would have taken up 2 episodes previously, seems pretty rushed.

Spoiler

For instance, Oceanside being taken by the Commonwealth, was put into one short conversation.

13 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I'm just quoting this as I have heard this started back a few weeks ago (saw f**k all about it, shows how far it's fallen IMO).
Not gonna read any further until this is done and I have binged the last few.

If someone will tell me when the last ep airs on dinsey+ though i'd appreciate it. 

Finale is the 20th  on AMC so I’d imagine be up then if not the Monday 21st.

Spoilers below for what they need to wrap up in the last episode.

Spoiler

Commonwealth ending

CRM + Rick

Maggie and Negan to New York 

Daryl going to France 

Gotta be a major death or several if they aren’t going to be in the spin offs.

Probably forgot a number of things to be honest.

On 09/11/2022 at 10:26, johnnydun said:

Although I enjoyed episode 22(?) I feel again, they are cramming stuff in that would have taken up 2 episodes previously, seems pretty rushed.

Hide contents

For instance, Oceanside being taken by the Commonwealth, was put into one short conversation.

It's like they got to about episode 20 and then realised they only had 4 more episodes to wrap the whole thing up. 

They could easily take the full 2 hour finale (and in the past they would have) to wrap up the cliffhanger at the end of episode 23 let alone the entire show. 

On 09/11/2022 at 14:38, gav-ffc said:

Spoilers below for what they need to wrap up in the last episode.

Hide contents

Commonwealth ending

CRM + Rick

Maggie and Negan to New York 

Daryl going to France 

Gotta be a major death or several if they aren’t going to be in the spin offs.

Probably forgot a number of things to be honest.

I think one of the most major things they still have to settle up is a cure/end of virus, re birth of civilisation. This was the focus for years in the beginning. I know we still have spin offs, however not everyone watches spin offs (I do) and it would surely be concluded in the main series you would have thought.

50 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think one of the most major things they still have to settle up is a cure/end of virus, re birth of civilisation. This was the focus for years in the beginning. I know we still have spin offs, however not everyone watches spin offs (I do) and it would surely be concluded in the main series you would have thought.

I’ve been going back and watching some of the old series and in 5 when Abraham finds out Eugene isn’t going to be able to cure the virus is hilarious proper lamps him.

Seeing some of the spin off shots especially the negan and Maggie one it looks like the cure isn’t in sight. 

Indeed. Spin offs shouldn't end a Series IMO. TWD should he concluded next week with the spinoffs being extra. I fully expect it to be left on a cliffhanger though so these arseholes can continue to milk this franchise dry.

FWIW, IMDb have next week's episode as 1hr 30min. Is the whole "2 hour episode" including adverts? If so, I really don't know how they wrap it up convincingly other than it being 100mph for the entire show.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Indeed. Spin offs shouldn't end a Series IMO. TWD should he concluded next week with the spinoffs being extra. I fully expect it to be left on a cliffhanger though so these arseholes can continue to milk this franchise dry.

FWIW, IMDb have next week's episode as 1hr 30min. Is the whole "2 hour episode" including adverts? If so, I really don't know how they wrap it up convincingly other than it being 100mph for the entire show.

AMC has ads & the 2hr line is from them. Gotta milk those ad buys one last time. 

I'm not really sure what people are expecting for the series finale. Everyone knows a bunch of spinoffs are coming, and they already did a series that did a timejump 'World Beyond'. Didn't watch that one. Doesn't seem like many other people did since it was cancelled after 2 seasons.

I'm considering the Rick Grimes series to be more of a TWD wrap up.

For the finale i'd guess

Spoiler

Standard fare. Zombie attack on the Commonwealth. Pamela ends up dead. The survivors from the regular cast look to rebuild the new Commonwealth. Carol being the major main cast death since she's not going to do a spinoff anymore.

Which sees Daryl leave for parts unknown. His show can explain how he ends up in France.

Maggie & Negan are part of their rebuild. Their show can see them called to New York...for reasons.

Judith who has been narrating the story at the beginning of the episodes ends it with some small scale time jump. Or a time jump that doesn't involve most of the major cast since they don't want to tie their hands for the spinoffs.

No we're nearing the end what are peoples defining moments from the show? For me, and in no particular order, they include the following;

1. Rick leaving (obviously) - everything post Rick should be considered a TWD spinoff IMO. No Rick = No TWD

2. Killing Carl - I know the actor had outgrown the character but for me the show had always been about Rick's struggle to protect his family. Lori's death was necessary to progress the story, but killing off Carl was a big mistake, and a total waste.

3. Ezekeil and Shiva - the moment the show jumped the shark for me - it had never felt like the adaptation of a comic up until that point - just no. 

4. Favourite Character - Merle - brilliant - Michael Rooker is a great actor. His redemption arc was very satisfying.

I've no idea how they're going to wrap this up tbh. I just hope the focus isn't all on the new strain of smart zombies.