The Walking Dead

King Kebab

I have enjoyed this season. I am so intrigued to see where they wind this up.

I'll stick my thoughts on what's happened in spoilers

Spoiler

I was fucking dying for Daryl to stick a knife into that pope guys skull. When the Shaw done it I knew she would become the "bad guy".
If it's 8 episodes to the end I wonder how they are gonna tie the two branches together with the commonwealth and these reapers.

Think I might wait until near the end of the season and try and binge it, see if that makes a difference.

Definitely makes a difference. I never started TWD until it was in to S3. I actually really enjoyed the farm episodes and think the binging helped. Since going week to week I haven't enjoyed the show as much (among other reasons). I binged there to catch up and enjoyed it for the most part.

I have enjoyed this season. I am so intrigued to see where they wind this up.
I'll stick my thoughts on what's happened in spoilers

Spoiler

I was fucking dying for Daryl to stick a knife into that pope guys skull. When the Shaw done it I knew she would become the "bad guy".
If it's 8 episodes to the end I wonder how they are gonna tie the two branches together with the commonwealth and these reapers.

Nah, there are 16 episodes left.

Caught up there from the mid-season of S10. The episode with Princess in the crate and the Carol and Daryl episodes were fucking woeful. If Carol had any kind of character personality it would maybe work but she is (as Daryl basically said) just a whiny bitch who chops and changes when she wants to stay or go - do us and every other viewer a favour and just f**k off. The amount of tears that actress has had to produce is unreal. The poor bitch must be on a drip during production.

Enjoyed Negan's back story and S11 has been very good so far. Hopefully that continues. No idea how they are going to finish this but if there are films and spin-offs on the go then I hope we're all braced for a completely shit ending.

The show does make me laugh at times with some of the ridiculousness of it. Any time we see a distant walker it's making that noise yet they continue to manage and creep up on our cast. And the biggest laugh/rage for me just now is the dude with a slingshot. We had an episode where Negan needed to whack a walker twice in the head with 'Lucille' and in a scene later on that wee dude is killing them left right and centre with one stone to the head ffs [emoji38] I'm convinced the writers sat around the table and gave it - what kind of daft weapon can we give one of them that has a 100% kill rate?

A slingshot ffs.

20 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Definitely makes a difference. I never started TWD until it was in to S3. I actually really enjoyed the farm episodes and think the binging helped. Since going week to week I haven't enjoyed the show as much (among other reasons). I binged there to catch up and enjoyed it for the most part.

Nah, there are 16 episodes left.

Caught up there from the mid-season of S10. The episode with Princess in the crate and the Carol and Daryl episodes were fucking woeful. If Carol had any kind of character personality it would maybe work but she is (as Daryl basically said) just a whiny bitch who chops and changes when she wants to stay or go - do us and every other viewer a favour and just f**k off. The amount of tears that actress has had to produce is unreal. The poor bitch must be on a drip during production.

Enjoyed Negan's back story and S11 has been very good so far. Hopefully that continues. No idea how they are going to finish this but if there are films and spin-offs on the go then I hope we're all braced for a completely shit ending.

The show does make me laugh at times with some of the ridiculousness of it. Any time we see a distant walker it's making that noise yet they continue to manage and creep up on our cast. And the biggest laugh/rage for me just now is the dude with a slingshot. We had an episode where Negan needed to whack a walker twice in the head with 'Lucille' and in a scene later on that wee dude is killing them left right and centre with one stone to the head ffs emoji38.png I'm convinced the writers sat around the table and gave it - what kind of daft weapon can we give one of them that has a 100% kill rate?

A slingshot ffs.

I'm sure the character with the slingshot is female. Thought it was a guy at first as well 😂

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Did she nae leave on a boat to find Rick?

She went to an Island or something to do that with a guy who was a nutter. Once she was done with him and that area she bumped into two folks in the woods. Who pointed out about 100,000 people they were with and she went off to catch up with them.

/fin

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

She went to an Island or something to do that with a guy who was a nutter. Once she was done with him and that area she bumped into two folks in the woods. Who pointed out about 100,000 people they were with and she went off to catch up with them.

/fin

Did she? I will have to watch that episode again. Last I mind, she saw his name carved on the boat or something?

Michone just became a bit dull and pish though eh?

TWD curse - make interesting characters boring as f**k. Jesus another good example.

I couldn't mind where Michone went either but I can't say, other than wonder where she went, that I missed her. Sad times given she was an excellent character at one point. But like Carol she seemed to spend most of her time crying, or whispering. Dull as f**k like you say.

If these films are being made I have a bad feeling the final episode is going to be absolutely shite and just used to lead on to them. I'm predicting her and Rick return and that'll be it for the series.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

If these films are being made I have a bad feeling the final episode is going to be absolutely shite and just used to lead on to them. I'm predicting her and Rick return and that'll be it for the series.

Aye I said to the missus Michone will be back. Rick I am not so sure about but like you said if they and sort hanger ons for the film(s) I could see it happen.

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Feels like Rick has been gone for ages at this point to me but his last episode was only 3 years ago in November 2018.

It's cos they fast forwarded 6 years. out of nowhere in between seasons, BANG! six years passed.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I only realised this was on again. I might wait to it's finished (for now) and binge it.

3 episodes and no chat on it.
Shows the lack of... maybe not the right word but, interest in it.
I reckon if I had waited until it was completely finished and binged all 11 seasons, I would have loved it but now I am just waiting to see where it goes.