The Walking Dead

King Kebab

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Was this season filmed post-covid? Is that why all the episodes have hardly any cast, and mostly just focus on a couple of characters?

Believe so.

JDM continues to carry the show as per, absolutely superb last night and casting his mrs as Lucille was genius.

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Was this season filmed post-covid? Is that why all the episodes have hardly any cast, and mostly just focus on a couple of characters?

This wasn't even a new season. When COVID hit they filming or in post production of what was supposed to be the s10 finale. So that got delayed several months. With the uncertainty over COVID restrictions they didn't just jump into filming s11. Instead they extended s10 with these last 6 episodes.

s11 will hopefully be back to normal. Although if that's starting in August the early episodes might still be a little threadbare.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/03/2021 at 22:25, Ro Sham Bo said:

I must say that considering there is now a finite number of episodes left, they don't seem in any particular hurry to move the story along. 

Those episodes with Daryl and Carol were fucking brutal.

I didn't mind the other stories but what a shite way to cap off a series

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

What's left of the series will be shown on Disney+ in the UK because Disney are pulling the Fox channel from Sky and 

With all my weans now in their 30s I have never been bothered looking into the Disney Channel so cant say anything about its content. Will the show be on before or after the Mickey Mouse Show? 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2021 at 22:56, Ro Sham Bo said:

What's left of the series will be shown on Disney+ in the UK because Disney are pulling the Fox channel from Sky and Virgin. 

When is this happening?

What a lot of shite, money grabbing cúnts.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

When is this happening?

What a lot of shite, money grabbing cúnts.

I think it's sometime in the next few weeks. All the back episodes will be made available along with the final season when it starts later in the year.

I agree with your sentiment. It's a bit of a kick in the teeth to slog it out this far and have the rug pulled from under your feet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess most people will be watching along on Disney+ over here for the new season. However, for those with the more old school approach s11e01 is out there due to AMC Premiere in the states.

Even though it's the "final" season. There's not much of a rush of course.

What with it being part 1 of a two parter, of what's going to be a 24 episode season spread across 2 years.

44 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Think I might wait until near the end of the season and try and binge it, see if that makes a difference.

Definitely helps. I've found FTWD which most people seem to hate fairly easy to watch via streaming on Amazon Prime (even if it's way behind) after long since giving up on the regular show due to its glacial pace. 

Not on here to slate the show as it gets a hard enough time as it is, but it’s crazy how buzzing I used to get over this programme and how excited I was for a new season starting. I house shared with a couple of guys that were sitting watching it one night, I think it was an episode in season 2 when they were at the farm and Shane was still alive. I watched it along with them and 10 minutes in asked what it was called.

I went up and fired episode 1 on my laptop and was absolutely hooked from there on in, the scene with Daryl’s brother on the roof where he cut his hand off to escape, and the general tension of the show appealed to me. I told anyone who would listen to start watching it, and up until the season with the Governor and the prison, I wouldn’t miss an episode. The drop off in quality of the show started on a shallow decline for a couple of seasons after that, before falling off a cliff. So much so that I haven’t watched an episode since the one where Rick ‘died’, and even then I was only dipping in and out of that season. 

I would probably go to the cinema if, as rumoured, they brought out a film, but the TV series can’t end quick enough. Negan was absolutely wasted as a character in those later seasons, because the story lines surrounding him were hilariously bad and drawn out, which removed any kind of excitement. You could guarantee a cliff hanger in the mid season finale, an unfulfilling mid season premiere that then built agonisingly slowly towards the season finale, and with it another cliff hanger where it looked like a main character was going to finally meet a horrifying and bloody death at the hands of the undead…only to wait months and find out they actually managed to escape that almost certain death. Usually some nerd on Twitter would even spoil that for you as well by leaking details of the next season before it aired, so you didn’t even get the satisfaction of a surprise. 

It got to the stage they were dragging the bones out of what should have been one episode into 3 or 4, and that was when I decided I could find better things to do with my time other than watching full episodes on the backstories of minor characters that did literally nothing to progress the story line. I hope this season gives the people who have stuck with it a good ending, they genuinely deserve it if they’ve got this far.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only watched ep1 of the new series so far. (Might watch 2 tonight.) If they kill Negan at any point I will be so pissed off. I fucking hate Maggie and Daryl is a wee c**t now.

Only way for this to end is Negan to kill them all one by one.

I’ll be seething if Maggie kills Negan like full on seethe.

Daryll has his spin off as does Carol so they aren’t going anywhere, I’d love to see Negan make it to the movies and reunite with Rick but I’m sure that would have been leaked/announced by now.