The Walking Dead

King Kebab

Just binge watched this to catch, dont know if its because i binge watched it but it was a much better season, things actually happened. When the whisperer ducked and stabbed Jesus was excellent. (Not for Jesus)

Im assuming this big fall out between the camps is due to something we haven't seem yet rather than just because michonne is keeping Negan alive?

Looking forward to the whisperers story line, i loved it through the comics! 

Just binge watched this to catch, dont know if its because i binge watched it but it was a much better season, things actually happened. When the whisperer ducked and stabbed Jesus was excellent. (Not for Jesus)
Im assuming this big fall out between the camps is due to something we haven't seem yet rather than just because michonne is keeping Negan alive?
Looking forward to the whisperers story line, i loved it through the comics! 

No you are quite right, this season has been a massive improvement upon the previous two (possibly three) seasons!!!
I think the obvious reason is that Scott Gimple is no longer the show runner whereas he was for the previous two, being one of the main writers of the show it was obvious that it led to a more exposition-led season of episodes as opposed to the action and situation led stories from before. The fact that Angela Kang is now the show runner is now pretty obvious in what we are now watching!!!
Gimple has been put in charge of the upcoming "Rick Trilogy" of movies where perhaps the filling out of TV episode into a feature length production will be more his forte!!!

• 1 month later...

Spoilers - if you aren't avoiding the thread before watching it.

I hadn't been fussed about this most recent season of the walking dead but decided to give it a watch and I was pleasantly surprised! I actually thought I had missed an episode or 10 when Judith appeared gun in hand but I was a little more annoyed that it looks like we won't be seeing where the helicopters are coming from, the oil refinery that's clearly still open or what A/B means (I would guess A is someone who is keen to help a B is someone captured?).

The people who are using sign language look like just another bunch of folk on the road however the humans who are dressing up as walkers and commanding them look really interesting so looking forward to seeing more of them. I think Carols son getting pished is like us trying to get back to a 'normal' life and like others have said the old Neagan is dead, I think he will help run the show with Michone. 

Finally it was so nice to see Hershel again when Rick was on his way back to camp :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Confirmed tonight that Danai Gurira (Michonne) is leaving the show early season ten. Time to put this to bed, Kirkman.
Aye the show is a complete clusterfuck now. Don't get me wrong, the recent episodes have been pretty good, but when 'Negan' is signing a 2 year contract, 'Rick' and 'Michonne' (and 'Maggie'?) are announcing they're leaving, it kind of takes the surprise out of the show.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, IainMorton said:
Confirmed tonight that Danai Gurira (Michonne) is leaving the show early season ten. Time to put this to bed, Kirkman.

Aye the show is a complete clusterfuck now. Don't get me wrong, the recent episodes have been pretty good, but when 'Negan' is signing a 2 year contract, 'Rick' and 'Michonne' (and 'Maggie'?) are announcing they're leaving, it kind of takes the surprise out of the show.

Yeah I agree it’s not as much fun when you know what is going to happen. The whole thing with “Rick Grimes last ever episode” being advertised three weeks before kinda ruined it. Imagine the meltdown if nobody knew until that moment he was leaving?!

I take it by the lack of chat that most of us don't give 2 fucks that this is back tomorrow ?

Didn’t know it was back on tomorrow. Looking forward to it then. So far this season has been a vast improvement on the last few.

Now that I’ve said that it’ll be absolute dung until the end of season cliffhanger that’ll make us do it all again next year.

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:27, IainMorton said:

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:38, 19QOS19 said:
On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:27, IainMorton said:

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 01:23, IainMorton said:

Yeah I agree it’s not as much fun when you know what is going to happen. The whole thing with “Rick Grimes last ever episode” being advertised three weeks before kinda ruined it. Imagine the meltdown if nobody knew until that moment he was leaving?!

Chrissakes, it's not even back on yet and the moaners are out in force!  No pleasing some folk.

Michonne leaving is, in my opinion, not in any way, shape or form a deal breaker.  She's a shadow of what she used to be.  I can't wait for TWD to come back and hope it lasts another 15 years.

Chrissakes, it's not even back on yet and the moaners are out in force!  No pleasing some folk.

Michonne leaving is, in my opinion, not in any way, shape or form a deal breaker.  She's a shadow of what she used to be.  I can't wait for TWD to come back and hope it lasts another 15 years.

Feel free to say what's wrong with the points made in the posts you've quoted.

I find it astounding that you're having a go at us while admitting yourself that one of the previously best and interesting characters "isn't what she used to be". Completely missing the irony in your post [emoji38]

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Have I been niave to contracts being published before, in other shows, because this is ruining TWD knowing how long everyone is signed up for

Suppose it’s my own fault for being signed up to so many fan pages on Facebook.

Nothing ironic about it.  Times move on.  People come, people go.  Rick's a sorer miss than Michonne IMO, but it's still not a deal breaker.
Of course it is. You're complaining about folk moaning while admitting yourself, a previously interesting character has now been written so badly that it wouldn't matter if she's killed off.

Enjoyed the return. Was good to see Negan go back to the Sanctuary and also the opening in the woods where he killed Abraham and Glenn.  Loved the ending with the Whisperers too, can’t wait for next week. 
Agree, that ending totally creeped me out the way they clicked something was wrong then u realise they're surrounded! Definitely get the feeling that the whisperer are total game changer.