The Walking Dead

King Kebab

We were talking about that on Tuesday in work.  It's just one of those TWD plot holes that you have to run with.

Along with the fact that if you were already worried about a bridge collapsing, you wouldn't store dynamite right in the middle of it.

Edited by Boghead ranter

The parts of the bridge not wholly destroyed by the explosion would either stay put or collapse inwards towards the newly created void (and if Rick was on one of those bits would have fallen that way and into the river).

Anyway, I thought that was one of the better episodes. The only main letdown for me was the time-jump at the end. I do think they were in need of a time-jump, but the way they did it just came across a bit too cheesy for my liking.

Surely the Zombies that caught fire and fell in the water, extinguishing the fire, will still be active???
They seemed to be out of commission as Jadis watched the floaters go by!!!

Personally enjoyed the episode, although at times it feels like I’m the only one who still likes the show. 

The time jump will be interesting, obviously it’s a great opportunity to start fresh if you will. 

I’m a bit concerned about all the talks of spin offs. Granted the Walking Dead is a cash cow they are going to continue to milk but I would rather the main show is finished before they go crazy with them. Although just seeen Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride have signed new deals which basically means they can appear in The Walking Dead, Spin offs or get paid for doing nothing  so they won’t be going anywhere so I expect it to go in for another few seasons. 

Personally enjoyed the episode, although at times it feels like I’m the only one who still likes the show. 
The time jump will be interesting, obviously it’s a great opportunity to start fresh if you will. 
I’m a bit concerned about all the talks of spin offs. Granted the Walking Dead is a cash cow they are going to continue to milk but I would rather the main show is finished before they go crazy with them. Although just seeen Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride have signed new deals which basically means they can appear in The Walking Dead, Spin offs or get paid for doing nothing  so they won’t be going anywhere so I expect it to go in for another few seasons. 

It's a bit ironic given that Reedus and McBride will be the only originals left from the very first episode and are also playing characters that don't exist in the comics!!!
Daryll has never been in the comics and was created only for the show and Carol died back in the Prison!!!

19 hours ago, King Kebab said:

It's a bit ironic given that Reedus and McBride will be the only originals left from the very first episode and are also playing characters that don't exist in the comics!!!
Daryll has never been in the comics and was created only for the show and Carol died back in the Prison!!!

Yep. Reedus came to their attention as he auditioned to play Merle. He didn’t suit what they were looking for but too good to let him go, so Daryl was created.

On 30/10/2018 at 07:44, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone who missed the episode and wants a programme synopsis.

- Negan ate a sandwich 

- Rick and Darryl fell down a hole

I'll definitely pay attention next week, then that'll be me done.

If anyone is looking for this weeks edition...

- some new people showed up

- Carol set fire to some bad people

- walkers can now talk (ahem...)

5 hours ago, IainMorton said:

If anyone is looking for this weeks edition...

- some new people showed up

- Carol set fire to some bad people

- walkers can now talk (ahem...)

Spoiler

It was only a whisperer;)

Didn’t realise that last weeks episode was Maggie’s last episode too.

So here’s how I think the rest of this series (and probably the next two) are going to be strung out.

Insignificant filler.

Whisperers eventually turn up.

Insignificant filler.

Conflict with whisperers.

Insignificant filler.

Looks like whisperers are going to take Alexandria and kill everyone until Judith frees Negan, who then reunites with Lucile and cleans house.

Insignificant filler.

Negan becomes the main man again and becomes Judith’s new father figure.

6 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

So here’s how I think the rest of this series (and probably the next two) are going to be strung out.

Insignificant filler.

Whisperers eventually turn up.

Insignificant filler.

Conflict with whisperers.

Insignificant filler.

Looks like whisperers are going to take Alexandria and kill everyone until Judith frees Negan, who then reunites with Lucile and cleans house.

Insignificant filler.

Negan becomes the main man again and becomes Judith’s new father figure.

We had a theory going in work yesterday that Negan is the father of the other child that Michonne was mothering, who is obviously nod old enough to have been conceived by Rick before he left.  Based partly on how well he seems to get on with Judith, partly on how he opened up to Michonne previously, and partly/mostly  on pure random speculation.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

When Eugene was stuck up the pylon when the herd of walkers turned up would it not have been easier for Rosita to climb part way up until the walkers passed through rather than have Eugene try and climb down the pylon?

3 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe she thought along the lines that if they stop under the pylons instead of walking on by then they're screwed. Either that or climbing up untill the herd walked by would make the whole scene pretty redundant.

Her climbing up so that the herd couldn't see/hear/smell her was the blindingly obvious thing to do, but as said, that would have made it a non-scene.

Also, while they were fleeing the herd in 3 or 4 scenes, which were all in daylight, other parts of the show went from daylight to darkness and through to morning.  Some chase, that.

15 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

We had a theory going in work yesterday that Negan is the father of the other child that Michonne was mothering, who is obviously nod old enough to have been conceived by Rick before he left.  Based partly on how well he seems to get on with Judith, partly on how he opened up to Michonne previously, and partly/mostly  on pure random speculation.

Never even clicked about michonnes son who must be 2/3 at most after a 6 year time shift.

Would be a fan of negan being the dad imo, more negan is needed on this now, best character by far.