Top Managers

bingbongbilly

Here's my top five...

1. Ally MacLeod - Made summer 78 the most exciting ever even though it ended in disaster.

2. Brian Clough - 'I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one.'

3. Jock Stein - His record speaks for itself.

4. Alex Ferguson - Without even taking Manchester United into consideration his record is outstanding. Challenged the establishment in Scotland and won.

5. Bobby Robson - A success wherever he went and disgracefully sacked by Newcastle United. Can be forgiven for the 9-3 game (just!).

1. Glen Hoddle

2. Sven

3. Steve Mclaren

4. Fabio Capello

5. Stuart Pearce

Forgot Venables.

1. Ferguson

2. Stein

3. Scolari

4. Pozzi

5. Clough

Sure there will be ones abroad I've not really heard of though

• 4 years later...

In no order whatsoever.

Sir Alex Ferguson (absolutely astonishing and not afraid to do something his own way just because it isn't the normal way)

Jose Mourinho (see above)

Paul Hartley (For personal reasons this one. Obviously not in top 5 of the world but what he did for Alloa was astonishing)

Gordon Strachan (Seems like the guy who will take us to a major tournament, even his more bizzare decisions seem to go his way)

Arsene Wenger (look at the amount of teams he has created at Arsenal over the years and sold on for lots of money. Great at developing youths and obviously dedicated to Arsenal)

Done more of a personal preference rather than the top 5 managers on records etc..

Archived