St. Mirren & Craig Thomson v R*ngers

Captain_Sensible

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfectly legitimate goal. I assume the various Buddies around here who never get decisions against the Old Firm (not even when the same opponents were reduced to nine men in the cup final) will be queueing up to apologise for their shite-talking soon enough.

Looks like McCoist has been put in charge for this one, which explains the utter lack of ideas in the final third. With the exception of the perfectly legitimate goal every effort has been a speculative chip into the box with the exception of one perfect pass across the face of goal that Weiss and Miller ignored. If there's paint left on the walls of the visitors' dressing room after half time McCoist should never agree to taking over full time next season.

Smith was down before half time, which is very unusual, which probably means a bollocking in the changing room, that said they should be winning.

Its a conspiracy I tell yah, a conspiracy.

Looks like McCoist has been put in charge for this one, which explains the utter lack of ideas in the final third. With the exception of the perfectly legitimate goal every effort has been a speculative chip into the box with the exception of one perfect pass across the face of goal that Weiss and Miller ignored. If there's paint left on the walls of the visitors' dressing room after half time McCoist should never agree to taking over full time next season.

I don't buy that. Those players have been around the block a few times and know the score, even if McCoist has changed anything (which I doubt).

They've been notoriously slow starters this season, I think i'm right in saying that during this current unbeaten run there have been a remarkable number of instances where they have had to come back from behind to win.

St Mirren are offering little in attack, i'd be amazed if they survive the second half with their clean sheet in place.

I don't buy that. Those players have been around the block a few times and know the score, even if McCoist has changed anything (which I doubt).

What has changed is that their luck has ran out. This same set of players have acted like this far too often since Smith came back: complete apathy for the first hour of a match and then a desperate shift in gear towards the end, or (even worse) and early goal and then falling asleep. There's no doubt that they're good enough to win this, but even the best players need to have proper management.

It's certainly feasible that they can win the game without changing anything. However, gambling on that when three points are essential to return to the top of the table is a very bad idea. McCoist said at half time he was disappointed: time to see what he does about it.

Any online links to this game?

http://www.tvbr.net/

Lafferty for Weiss. Jesus wept.

Edit: fnar.

Good lord.

Having said that, he'll probably score.

f**k all wrong with the goal IMO, nothing suspicious about it being disallowed, probably more down to the unwritten "Keepers comes for ball and makes a c**t of it = free kick" law.

Rangers will win this 2-0.

What has changed is that their luck has ran out. This same set of players have acted like this far too often since Smith came back: complete apathy for the first hour of a match and then a desperate shift in gear towards the end, or (even worse) and early goal and then falling asleep. There's no doubt that they're good enough to win this, but even the best players need to have proper management.

It's certainly feasible that they can win the game without changing anything. However, gambling on that when three points are essential to return to the top of the table is a very bad idea. McCoist said at half time he was disappointed: time to see what he does about it.

http://www.tvbr.net/

Thanks.

I've been watching this for 15 minutes now and St Mirren really are shockingly bad.

Archived